Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:03:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Time Traveler's Wife, adapted by Steven Moffat

Started by olliebean, May 18, 2022, 09:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

In episode 1 of which, the time traveler's wife meets the time traveler in a library - the first time for him, but not for her - and tells him "You're younger than I've ever seen you" - a line that doesn't appear in the book, but does appear verbatim in the Doctor Who episode Silence in the Library.

Moffat, there, lampshading the fact that he essentially stole the idea for River Song from this book.

Anyway, anyone watching it?

Thomas

I love most of Moffat's work, and I chime with his sensibilities. Series 1 and 2 of Sherlock, the genius series 5, 10, and the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who (along with much in between, and all of his RTD-era episodes), the first two episodes of Dracula - fun, compelling, clever stuff. I appreciate that it veer too far into quippiness for some, but I think it usually has enough verve and story.

But like some sort of mental fisherman, he often seems to capsize his own boat just after reeling in the catch. I'll need a review to assure me this series doesn't go all Dracula ep 3 at the end before committing.

I liked the book. Favourite model of time travel (the self-consistent loop) set in an engaging story. Sometimes a writer can be too keen to prove they know how time travel works that they forget to include characters (I watched Tenet the other night).