Support CaB

Subscribers don't see this.

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

August 13, 2022, 11:01:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Possible Mandela effect: Is there a moment in ‘Bottom’ where Richie says….

Started by ajsmith2, June 30, 2022, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

... something along the lines of 'I'm looking for a Juggernaut!' (juggernaut used as a punning description of a woman with large jugs) or did I imagine that line? I don't think it's in any of the TV episodes but can anyone remember if it's in a live show maybe?


boki


TommyTurnips

When they went to a dating agency, one of the things they were looking for in a woman was a "wazzo pair of jugs". Very firm on the jugs, and the jugs have to be very firm, etc. That's the only instance that I can think of.

Stigdu

Quote from: TommyTurnips on June 30, 2022, 01:30:43 PMWhen they went to a dating agency, one of the things they were looking for in a woman was a "wazzo pair of jugs". Very firm on the jugs, and the jugs have to be very firm, etc. That's the only instance that I can think of.

And I bet she was wearing a smashing blouse.

ajsmith2

Quote from: TommyTurnips on June 30, 2022, 01:30:43 PMWhen they went to a dating agency, one of the things they were looking for in a woman was a "wazzo pair of jugs". Very firm on the jugs, and the jugs have to be very firm, etc. That's the only instance that I can think of.

Thanks, but that's not it I'm afraid.

Lemming

I don't remember "juggernaut" specifically but yeah, it could a line from one of the live shows. I know Bottom Live 1 has him screaming "JUG ATTACK!" and possibly something like "JUGORAMA!" while glimpsing Eddie's erotic newspaper out of the corner of his eye.

Bottom Live 2 has that extended scene of Richie working himself into a lustful fervour over the possibility of becoming royal rentboy to Her Madge which has a ton of superb turns of phrase, could be something about jug-suffixes in there too.

Replies From View

The problem with the live shows after Bottom 2 is that an insufficient number of people have bothered to see them for a Mandela effect to transpire.  Those who have seen them will have found their minds wandering / escaping so greatly that very few solid memories of them can exist.

Lost Oliver

Aren't the live shows absolute guff? Or is that just received wisdom? Feels like they could do whatever they wanted and in turn it was just fan service wank, whereas on TV that had a box to fit into and that's what made the episodes funny. Hopefully someone will say they're great so I've got more Bottom to watch.

Lemming

I'll be the one who says they're great. They're more manic and less grounded than the TV series, and Richie and Eddie are both more exaggerated than their TV counterparts (though not significantly more than in the third series) and the situations they get into are even more cartoonish, but they're just really fucking funny for the most part.

Bottom Live 1 is ace, basically an extended TV episode on crack. Bottom Live 2 is similar but feels a little bit weaker and less well-plotted. It deliberately falls apart in the second half when they're in the maximum-security prison and they repeatedly break character and have a go at the audience - it's scripted and is by design, some will love that concept and some won't.

Bottom Live 3 is very good IMO, the premise is bizarre but it provides a great springboard for some classic Richie and Eddie bickering. Live 4 is a bit of a step down - the first half is quite funny ("THE FAT TWAT IS DEAD, PISS HERE") but the second half is like a much less funny version of the latter half of Live 2.

Live 5 is kind of a mess but still has some laugh-out-loud moments. To get a taste of it: Richie drinks an "Elixir of Life" to gain immortality but it turns out to be a fatal poison that causes the drinker's bollocks to explode within the hour. Thinking fast, Eddie uses his wanking-powered time machine to go back to the moment before Richie drank the elixir. This all happens a few minutes after Richie has Mr Rottweiler's sofa shot up his rectum by Eddie's new dark matter vacuum. If this description is making you laugh (even if you're also thinking "what the fuck"), you'll probably like Live 5.

In short, the first three are good, the last two are ridiculous fanservice and an excuse for Rik and Ade to get into shouting matches with the audience, but are still fun if you're in the right mood.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

In the last episode of the third series, Richie calls for "a casting couch, with a nudie bird on it. Major jugs. I mean MAJOR jugs!"

ajsmith2

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 01, 2022, 04:11:47 PMIn the last episode of the third series, Richie calls for "a casting couch, with a nudie bird on it. Major jugs. I mean MAJOR jugs!"

Not that either I'm afraid, thanks though.

RHX

Quote from: ajsmith2 on June 30, 2022, 11:58:43 AM... something along the lines of 'I'm looking for a Juggernaut!' (juggernaut used as a punning description of a woman with large jugs) or did I imagine that line? I don't think it's in any of the TV episodes but can anyone remember if it's in a live show maybe?

I can HEAR him saying it, to the point where I can even hear his inflection - "Jug-ger-NAUUT!" - but where exactly he said it, I'm entirely unsure!

Lost Oliver

Quote from: Lemming on July 01, 2022, 03:03:24 PMI'll be the one who says they're great. They're more manic and less grounded than the TV series, and Richie and Eddie are both more exaggerated than their TV counterparts (though not significantly more than in the third series) and the situations they get into are even more cartoonish, but they're just really fucking funny for the most part.

Bottom Live 1 is ace, basically an extended TV episode on crack. Bottom Live 2 is similar but feels a little bit weaker and less well-plotted. It deliberately falls apart in the second half when they're in the maximum-security prison and they repeatedly break character and have a go at the audience - it's scripted and is by design, some will love that concept and some won't.

Bottom Live 3 is very good IMO, the premise is bizarre but it provides a great springboard for some classic Richie and Eddie bickering. Live 4 is a bit of a step down - the first half is quite funny ("THE FAT TWAT IS DEAD, PISS HERE") but the second half is like a much less funny version of the latter half of Live 2.

Live 5 is kind of a mess but still has some laugh-out-loud moments. To get a taste of it: Richie drinks an "Elixir of Life" to gain immortality but it turns out to be a fatal poison that causes the drinker's bollocks to explode within the hour. Thinking fast, Eddie uses his wanking-powered time machine to go back to the moment before Richie drank the elixir. This all happens a few minutes after Richie has Mr Rottweiler's sofa shot up his rectum by Eddie's new dark matter vacuum. If this description is making you laugh (even if you're also thinking "what the fuck"), you'll probably like Live 5.

In short, the first three are good, the last two are ridiculous fanservice and an excuse for Rik and Ade to get into shouting matches with the audience, but are still fun if you're in the right mood.

Thanks Lemming, you've inrigued me. I'll watch it.

Replies From View


Virgo76

I've always been sceptical about the Mandela Effect. I've never encountered anyone who wrongly remembered him as having died in prison.

non capisco

Quote from: Virgo76 on July 03, 2022, 03:24:38 PMI've always been sceptical about the Mandela Effect. I've never encountered anyone who wrongly remembered him as having died in prison.

Yeah, it should be called the Jaws' girlfriend effect.

Virgo76


non capisco

Loads of people, including me, remember Bond henchman Jaws' girlfriend in 'Moonraker' having braces on her teeth but it turns out she didn't.

Replies From View

Nobody in the world sincerely thinks Mandela died when he was in prison.  It's such a stupid stupid term for the phenomenon of false memories, because it actually represents lying about being ignorant.  It should be the term for lying about something you weren't paying attention to.  Children at the back of the class chatting, the teacher calls them out:  'tell me what I said' and instead of admitting they weren't listening they hazard a guess and then claim their wrongness is due to the teacher not being clear.  That's a Mandela effect.