Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:35:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How did you settle on your username?

Started by Stigdu, June 30, 2022, 09:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stigdu

I really liked the book Stig of the Dump by Clive King when I was a kid, and because I wasn't particularly keen on either my first or middle names mum and dad chose to give me, I asked friends to call me Stig instead of Stacy.

Stigdu just came from STIG of the DUmp as a gaming nickname, which I've been using for about 35 years now.

Over to you!

RetroRobot

I like retro robots and sometimes stick Enby in there but wasn't sure how that'd go down here

Video Game Fan 2000

Its what the kids call me down at the local arcade

I'm forty

Spudgun

Give me a potato and I'll show you why.

sevendaughters

Had 9 kids and noticed a pattern about the ones I liked

Magnum Valentino

Misheard it during a conversation about wrestling aged 14 or so and adopted it as my wrestling moniker for messing about and having a daft laugh and that, permanently.

bgmnts

Put this on a game of Timesplitters 2 one time in about 2002 and it stuck because I liked it. 

Buelligan

imitationleather

I like imitationleather, the popular poster on the Cook'd and Bomb'd message board.

Jockice

School nickname. Which only my very closest mates called me (my 'official' nickname was Jock, which I hated at first but unless you're very lucky you don't get to choose your own nickname. I got used to it though. I had to because even the teachers ended up calling me it). I only became Jockice online because I was originally signed into another forum under my real name but there was some malfunction and I had to think of another username. So there we go. Practically nobody calls me Jock anymore (except the odd person from school I bump into who I haven't seen for years) and my besties don't call me Jockice either. So now it's a strictly online thing.

Dex Sawash

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on June 30, 2022, 09:31:25 PMMisheard it during a conversation about wrestling aged 14 or so and adopted it as my wrestling moniker for messing about and having a daft laugh and that, permanently.

One of the best usernames

Dex Sawash

Norton Canes

Remember when motorway service stations went through a brief period of being cool again? About the time Peter Kay did The Services?

Yeah.

PlanktonSideburns

I've had so many usernames on here in the past,
[Reference to banner user removed - Barry Admin],
[Reference to banner user removed - Barry Admin], also [Reference to banner user removed - Barry Admin],
and who could forget [Reference to banner user removed - Barry Admin], I don't think I can remember how I came by this one to be honest

Fucking HATE my username. Just the first two random words that popped into my head when I was cunted late night signing up.
Wish I could change it. Or make a new account. I don't feel like I'm being myself anyway or fitting in at all.
ImmaculateClump, it's too fucking long and makes me sound like a right fucking wank.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on June 30, 2022, 10:15:14 PMFucking HATE my username. Just the first two random words that popped into my head when I was cunted late night signing up.
Wish I could change it. Or make a new account. I don't feel like I'm being myself anyway or fitting in at all.
ImmaculateClump, it's too fucking long and makes me sound like a right fucking wank.

Yea it does a bit

Feel exactly the same about mine to be honest

Yours isn't as bad. Mine sounds pretentious. At least yours is just insufferably whacky.

non capisco

An ex was learning Italian at the time I signed up. It's such a shit username that also sort of implies I'm a bit thick but ehhhh whaddyagonna do as the Italians also say.

flotemysost

Mine's got quite possibly the most boring backstory of all. It's a value from this database: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/data/adonet/sql/linq/downloading-sample-databases

I'm not actually a programmer or anything. I was sent on a three-day SQL basics course for work ages ago, and quite honestly the only thing I remembered after that soporific interlude was a funny-looking word (which I now know is a type of Norwegian brown cheese, though I didn't at the time).

Still not a clue how you pronounce it.

touchingcloth

touchingcloth

Quote from: flotemysost on June 30, 2022, 10:30:29 PMMine's got quite possibly the most boring backstory of all. It's a value from this database: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/data/adonet/sql/linq/downloading-sample-databases

I'm not actually a programmer or anything. I was sent on a three-day SQL basics course for work ages ago, and quite honestly the only thing I remembered after that soporific interlude was a funny-looking word (which I now know is a type of Norwegian brown cheese, though I didn't at the time).

Still not a clue how you pronounce it.

It's pronounced "fish".

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: flotemysost on June 30, 2022, 10:30:29 PMStill not a clue how you pronounce it.

float my saust I always imagine.  Sorry I've just realised that looks a bit rude writing it down but it doesn't sound it phonetical.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

The phrase "big garlicky corpse" is amusing to me and I was rewatching Agatha Christie's Poirot when I signed up.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 30, 2022, 10:39:02 PMThe phrase "big garlicky corpse" is amusing to me and I was rewatching Agatha Christie's Poirot when I signed up.

It's a cracking user name it must be said.

non capisco

TrenterPercenter

I actually assumed it was a Partridgism that had evaded me