Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,785
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Other celebrities who have gone bananas

Started by dead-ced-dead, September 23, 2021, 04:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enrico Palazzo

Randy Quaid doesn't seem to have been mentioned but he completely lost the plot. Still capable of being amusing though.

Mr Trumpet

Jim Caviezel is fully Qanon now I believe, which is a shame as I enjoyed his daft secret agent show Person of Interest.

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on November 05, 2021, 10:44:23 AM
Jim Caviezel is fully Qanon now I believe, which is a shame as I enjoyed his daft secret agent show Person of Interest.

Celebs who went Qanon could be its own thread, I suspect.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Do wrestlers count? Chris Benoit went absolutely pure mad McMental:

QuoteIn a suspected double-murder and suicide, local law enforcement officials concluded based on "evidence found within the (Benoit family) home", that Benoit had murdered his wife in the residence on June 22, 2007, had killed his 7-year-old son on June 23, and on June 24 had committed suicide, reportedly hanging himself using equipment in a weight-training area located in the residency basement.[13][14] Later research undertaken by the Sports Legacy Institute suggested that depression and chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a condition of brain damage, from numerous concussions Benoit had sustained during his professional wrestling career were both likely contributing factors leading to the crimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit

phantom_power

Quote from: Povidone on November 04, 2021, 02:11:34 PM
Sorry to dredge this up from page two but I believe you're referring to Terrence Howard, Oscar-winning actor who most likely got himeself shitcanned from playing War Machine in the Iron Man films after some wrangling over pay. from his wikipedia page

Nah I've no idea either, Terryology is just too advanced for us Non-Terrys.

Who is telling him the square root of 2 is 2?

mothman

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on November 05, 2021, 10:44:23 AM

He was always hard right Christian, but back then that didn't manifest itself as anything more extreme than supporting Rick Santorum's presidential candidacy. But I did wonder if even that was a factor in his film career fading and the move to TV.

It's kind of a shame because I always liked his work.

But it looks like there's hope for some - Gary Sinise has always been an unusually vocal conservative (for Hollywood), but he at least stopped short of supporting Trump.

wrec

I leafed through a recent (huge) Icke book that I was surprised to see in a local independent bookshop. Immediately saw openly antisemitic stuff alongside anti-BLM and transphobic comments, not to mention all the Covid denialism. Is any of that really a surprise to anyone?

Video Game Fan 2000

The one about 9/11?

The blurb on the back.

Video Game Fan 2000

It's like the edited Garfield strip where John's having a stroke.

Kankurette

KennyMonster

A recent sleb that's gone batshit.[nb]ok recent is not quite the right word, probably was born a batshit right wing cunt.[/nb]

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1456219030608650243

Kankurette

Let  me guess, Jezza is still living rent free in his head?

kalowski

Have we mentioned Adam Ant throwing a starter motor through a pub window?

kalowski

Quote from: Jittlebags on September 23, 2021, 04:27:07 PM
Adam Ant throwing a car starter through a pub window always struck me as being a bit mad.
Ah, yes we have.

wrec

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on November 05, 2021, 10:32:23 PM
The one about 9/11?
The blurb on the back.
Looked it up and it's The Answer. Blurbage:
QuoteBillions seek the answer to world's ills, conflicts, prejudices and injustice, and David Icke reveals what that is in his appropriately named new book, The Answer.

It is not religious, economic or political, but something from which all else comes.

There is nothing more important to turn the world around than for the content of this book to be globally known.
The future of humanity depends upon it.

Essentially The Secret for cunts gone, or open to going, bananas. When I saw it I thought of trying to have a word with someone along the lines of, do you reckon it's necessary for you to be disseminating this? It's pretty much just hateful polemic designed to exploit the mentally vulnerable. Doesn't bother me to see Ayn Rand or even Mein Kampf on shelves. The former can at least be claimed to have artistic merit. Mrs. Wrec is a public librarian and has local cranks asking for Mein Kampf and similar books, presumably in the hope they'll be told they can't have them. If you've ever had a look at it you'll know the joke's on anyone trying to glean juicy contemporary far right guidance out of it. But it's of huge historical significance, not least as a reminder not to think, "ah, once they get some legitimate political power they'll give up on the whole genocide thing". I wonder if the Icke book was ordered by some gobshite in the same spirit that the transphobes obsess over the availability of their sacred texts. Anyway I didn't feel like making even a polite scene, though if that book isn't crossing the line in terms of hateful material, I dunno where the line is. It's still listed as in stock where I saw it, which could mean that one copy is still there, or, less likely,  it's flying off the shelves.

KennyMonster

Quote from: Kankurette on November 05, 2021, 11:41:23 PM
Let  me guess, Jezza is still living rent free in his head?

Yes, introducing his show, Owen Paterson was the topic up for discussion, of course this was an opportunity to slam Corbyn and his supporters, it was somehow their fault MPs voted to let Paterson off the hook.

I joked on Twitter that Corbyn would be blamed for the Labour privacy leak by some disingenuous cretin, but never even imagined that "LBC's voice of the left" would use THAT as a way to slam the guy that has been sidelined almost 2 years now.