Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:11:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarymole

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on March 01, 2015, 06:58:16 PM
He was also quite peeved by the Father Ted's bar in the Camden Road, North West London. It was a notoriously nasty dive that you stayed well clear of at the weekends. There was a tragedy involving carbon monoxide poisoning and in the aftermath, the owner changed the name to Slattery's 
A Whose Line is It Anyway themed bar?

momatt

Wow, just incredible.  I couldn't work out who they were trying to be most of the time.

I like the man at the end of the video who looks like he just came out of prison, "What I loves most about the actual actors about it, was they audience anticipation".
An incredible quote, they should have put on the posters really.

The blonde girl who kept on pushing her chest towards the camera was a nice touch too.  I'd buy tickets if she was in the cast.

The Fawlty Towers in Sri Lanka is a bloody odd concept, but at least they put some effort in with half-decent impressions and costumes.

Uncle TechTip

Sometimes I wish I could just thumb up a thread. It pays to read every single post.

MuteBanana

He was also quite peeved by the Father Ted's bar in the Camden Road, North West London. It was a notoriously nasty dive that you stayed well clear of at the weekends. There was a tragedy involving carbon monoxide poisoning and in the aftermath, the owner changed the name to Slattery's

There's a real trend to name bars/eateries after popular comedy shows at package holiday resorts.  I once ate a burger in the Beavis & Butthead, Gumbet, Turkey.

Anyone doing hotels with suites that are replicas of sitcom sets? That's an idea I had one mad evening.

Beagle 2

Ha, I wondered into Slattery's once for a couple of pints and sat near the window as it was obviously a dodge-pot. A group of lads came in to buy pills from me. Obviously I'd sat in "pill corner". It was absolutely nothing like the Tony Slattery wonderland I had imagined.

Gurke and Hare

I've often suspected that not everybody would know my name here.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 03, 2015, 02:08:04 PM
I've often suspected that not everybody would know my name here.

I'd want to keep it that way.

QuoteFriendly
ATMOSPHERE

* Paul Calf shudders

stranger

I briefly lived in the flat above that place back in the late 90s, before it was Father Ted's. I can confirm it was a very seedy area. There was a massage parlour round the corner that burnt down, killing 2 people, a few years later.

Porter Dimi

I've just had one of those as a promoted ad on Twitter, for a show called Only Fools on the Costa Del Trotter. The website is a goldmine for this sort of thing: https://www.katmaryproductions.com/dinner-shows

Particularly fond of the 100 ORIGINAL! stamp on the Only Fools show, as if that'd hold up in court if the lawyers ever showed up. Who else remembers that time Del Boy was 'out of his depth on a jet ski'?

idunnosomename

"What's on the menu? 'Don't tell 'em Pike!'"

... wait, that doesn't work if the answer to the question isn't his name. Even if dinner's an inedible predatory freshwater fish, it's a stretch.

JoeyBananaduck

For some reason the website is copyrighted in the year 2023, if you scroll to the bottom. Presumably the work of Doctor Whom.

Glebe

Quote from: Porter Dimi on October 17, 2017, 12:52:05 PMI've just had one of those as a promoted ad on Twitter, for a show called Only Fools on the Costa Del Trotter. The website is a goldmine for this sort of thing: https://www.katmaryproductions.com/dinner-shows

Particularly fond of the 100 ORIGINAL! stamp on the Only Fools show, as if that'd hold up in court if the lawyers ever showed up. Who else remembers that time Del Boy was 'out of his depth on a jet ski'?

TV comedy legends to reunite on Benidorm.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on October 17, 2017, 02:28:44 PM
For some reason the website is copyrighted in the year 2023, if you scroll to the bottom. Presumably the work of Doctor Whom.

Looks like they couldn't decide whether a cheese grater resembled a TARDIS, a Dalek, K-9's head or maybe even the Liberator, which is from a different show, Cakes Seven

RenegadeScrew

Quote from: Porter Dimi on October 17, 2017, 12:52:05 PM
I've just had one of those as a promoted ad on Twitter, for a show called Only Fools on the Costa Del Trotter. The website is a goldmine for this sort of thing: https://www.katmaryproductions.com/dinner-shows

Why are Doctor Whom, Bond, and the Spy Cluedo thing listed under 'hillarious comedy dinner shows'?

What an absolute travesty that website is.  "mysite" seems left in the site title, all the pictures uploaded from an old floppy (drive), and the pictures in the slideshow have titles left on them like 'images_hgfmfmfmm01_blah_edited' that you can see if you hover over.  Just a general disgrace.

What a great thread though.

JoeyBananaduck

The titular business owner seems to have done a lot of work for David Schneider. Is that remarkable? I don't know anymore.

JoeyBananaduck

Quote from: Glebe on October 17, 2017, 05:04:13 PM
TV comedy legends to reunite on Benidorm.

QuotePatrick, who found fame as Rodney Trotter's hat-wearing best mate

Aye, I remember him. Yeah, who could forget hat-wearing best mate. Trilby wasn't it? Marvellous.

idunnosomename

The great thing about Dr Whom is you don't have to font-match. You can just turn the W upside down.

Cushty!

Porter Dimi

Quote from: JoeyBananaduck on October 17, 2017, 07:41:42 PM
Aye, I remember him. Yeah, who could forget hat-wearing best mate. Trilby wasn't it? Marvellous.

It's a shame that none of the glowing reviews for Only Food and Horse Meat or what-have-you don't mention the disgraceful omission of Rodney's hat-wearing best mate. A truly pivotal character.

(This is one of my favourite CaB threads ever and I never want it to die)

idunnosomename

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 17, 2017, 10:07:18 PM
The great thing about Dr Whom is you don't have to font-match. You can just turn the W upside down.

Cushty!

Oh I've just noticed you can see they've accidently ctrl c/v'd a tiny sliver of the edge of the H, oh well

Porter Dimi

There's also the reviews page, which has five-star reviews from as far afield as fucking Osaka https://www.katmaryproductions.com/audience-reviews

No links to any of the reviews of course. Because they don't exist.

Chairman Bodog

I was just on the wiki looking at how many international remakes there were and clocked the line that Steve Carell wanted to play Delboy in a US remake in 2010. Is that something we're all supposed to know because imagining that is forcing up my skin conkers.

Xindioka

I want to see a Mr Methane dining experience. See if you can stand to eat anything while a man farts loudly into a microphone.

Shaky

Quote from: Chairman Bodog on October 18, 2017, 11:13:31 PM
I was just on the wiki looking at how many international remakes there were and clocked the line that Steve Carell wanted to play Delboy in a US remake in 2010. Is that something we're all supposed to know because imagining that is forcing up my skin conkers.

There were two failed pilots apparently, with John Leguizamo as Del and Christopher Lloyd as Grandad.

Now... a remake was probably a terrible idea, but if you had to pick an American cast that one was pretty damn good.

Gurke and Hare

Is this supposed to be Del and Rodney? Did they recruit by calling the Susan Scott lookalike agency and finding out that all the David Jasons were busy, but there was a Peter Kay who's not doing anything today?

Glebe

^Mitchell and Webb have really let themselves go.

JoeyBananaduck

Imagine the terrific fun you could have hiring them for your OFAH die-hard Uncle's retirement do or something. Watching them mingling, working the crowds. Hearing your Uncle go 'who the fuck are those two? I don't remember ever working with them'.

Fambo Number Mive

Love to see a Day Today version of this.

Goldentony

Fuck me, this quote on the website of the tribute show -

Quote'Del Boy bouncing through the restaurant on the jet ski' was a joy to behold and Triggers 'Sound effects' were
hysterical'  (Audience Member - Spain)

DangledTeeth

Quote from: chocolate teapot on February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg0AdfAeyPQ

This is happening fairly locally soon.

What was that?!

I didn't know it was Marlene until she mentioned Boycie.

''All your favourite characters - including Del Boy, Rodney, Uncle Albert and Trigger - are on hand throughout the evening, helping not only to serve the food, but also to deliver writers' sketches from the classic TV series.''

Let's see how this could turn out...

Del: Gordon Bennett! You have knackered the gravy boat, Uncah Lahberts!

Albert: Ar can't tell the diffruns between Maxwell 'ouse and OXO Gravy, sahn!

Del (Swishes arms): WHO DARES WINS! WHO DARES WINS!

Del approaches a seated man

Del: Would you like some gravy, pal?

Man: Not for me, thank you.

Del: Oh yes, you'll have some. You like your gravy. (In his ear) Twat!

-

Trigger: IF IT'S A BOY THEY'S GONNA CALL IT SIGOURNEY AFTER ELLEN RIPLEY. AND IF IT'S A GIRL, THEY'RE GONNA CALL HIM DAVE AFTER A BOX OF WALKERS VARIETY CRISPS.

Diners: Har har har har!