Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:31:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster Series 13

Started by MigraineBoy, August 25, 2021, 10:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MigraineBoy

Maybe a bit premature as s12 hasn't aired yet, but the studio taping start on September 16th & possible contestants include:

Rhys James - tweeted (then deleted) from the Taskmaster house.

Sophie Duker - posted back in April about needing an outfit she could move around in for a telly job.

Chris Ramsey - talked about secret filming then posted an Instagram pic in June taken by "the director" which was liked by Andy the Taskmaster director.

If these 3 are contestants, and we're going how they've cast the recent series, we're missing the 'elder statesman' (Herring, Mack, Davies) and the 'comedy adjacent' (Parkinson, Richie, Coren-Mitchell) roles.

Bahamadia

It wouldn't surprise me if Sophie Duker gets a guernsey, as she is getting a lot of exposure. I find the news welcome, I really rate her and would love to see her be original and interesting on the show.

mjwilson

Quote from: Bahamadia on August 27, 2021, 12:44:18 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if Sophie Duker gets a guernsey

a what now

Bahamadia

Quote from: mjwilson on August 27, 2021, 07:56:09 PM
a what now

to be selected, sorry did not even think that most of you wouldn't understand Australian slang

mjwilson

Quote from: Bahamadia on August 27, 2021, 09:57:18 PM
to be selected, sorry did not even think that most of you wouldn't understand Australian slang

Honestly I assumed it was an autocorrect error

holyzombiejesus

Have any of the Horrible Histories lot been on it before? I like the idea of Simon Farnaby having a go.

BeardFaceMan

Still can't believe David Mitchell hasn't been on, it seems tailor-made for his special brand of pedantic, not to mention his general ubiquitousness on panel shows.

Famous Mortimer

I know an Irish comedy writer who's not been too busy recently who I hear is in the running

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 28, 2021, 08:18:41 PM
I know an Irish comedy writer who's not been too busy recently who I hear is in the running

No good. Both Little Alex Horne and Greg Davies have beards.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 28, 2021, 08:18:41 PM

If it was Maeve Higgins I'd be really excited. So please say it's Maeve Higgins.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 28, 2021, 07:15:20 PM
Have any of the Horrible Histories lot been on it before? I like the idea of Simon Farnaby having a go.

They're not from the main cast but Lolly Adefope and Katy Wix have been on. The latter was the high point of the otherwise weak series 9. Simon Farnaby would be great though, as would any of the others apart from maybe Sarah Hadland.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 28, 2021, 08:35:00 PM
If it was Maeve Higgins I'd be really excited. So please say it's Maeve Higgins.

I think this was a Glinner joke, sadly. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Robert Webb turned up on this one day.

Chris Ramsey would be bad news. I just want them to put a bunch of weirdos on, but I think there's even less of a chance of that now it's on Channel 4. I'd love to see the likes of Poppy Hillstead, Jordan Brookes, Rob Auton, Mark Silcox and Bridget Christie on it.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on August 28, 2021, 09:50:41 PM
I think this was a Glinner joke, sadly. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Robert Webb turned up on this one day.

I suddenly realised that when I was re-reading the thread, but now desperately want Higgins to appear on the show and plan to start a campaign so it'll happen.

QuoteChris Ramsey would be bad news. I just want them to put a bunch of weirdos on, but I think there's even less of a chance of that now it's on Channel 4. I'd love to see the likes of Poppy Hillstead, Jordan Brookes, Rob Auton, Mark Silcox and Bridget Christie on it.

I don't know of Ramsey outside of Hebburn (which I liked, but he was only acting in it and didn't write it), but I'm 100% with you, the cast for S12 isn't exciting me and I'd be surprised if S13 does, though I really hope I'm proven wrong.

DrGreggles

David Edwards would be a great contestant.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on August 28, 2021, 09:50:41 PM
I'd love to see the likes of Poppy Hillstead, Jordan Brookes, Rob Auton, Mark Silcox and Bridget Christie on it.
Any time there's a "suggest a cast / guess the cast" type of post I always say Rob Auton.  An awful lot of contestants in the last few series have been route one types playing to win, so it'd be nice to balance that out with someone who's first instinct towards a task would be creative.

Unless he's bluffing, David Mitchell won't be on this or any other series. He's on RHLSTP this evening and said that he's a fan but has no interest in doing it and has turned it down several times.

BeardFaceMan

That's very odd. To be a comedian and be a fan of the show and not want to do it at all? Does not compute.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on September 13, 2021, 09:37:51 PM
That's very odd. To be a comedian and be a fan of the show and not want to do it at all? Does not compute.

Maybe he's worried as to how he'll come across, either getting very frustrated when he can't do a task, or that he's actually very boring in real life ala Richard Herring.

g0m

well his wife's on this one. so maybe she'll tell him it was a great laugh and he should give it a go, or that it was terrible and he should never try it. either way probably a more convincing testimony than he'd get from anyone else.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 13, 2021, 09:45:50 PM
Maybe he's worried as to how he'll come across, either getting very frustrated when he can't do a task, or that he's actually very boring in real life ala Richard Herring.

He seems relatively up-tight so may not want to, I dunno, ride on a scooter or get his trousers wet.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 13, 2021, 09:45:50 PM

Pretty much the former. He said he didn't want to reveal himself as a monster.

He also said that Herring was a very funny contestant, though I expect he was just being polite.

Mitchell briefly mentioned his new show Outsiders, which involves setting the same group of contestants a series of tasks over a series. Sounds familiar (though I'm not being too sniffy about it - I think it could be fun). It starts later this month: https://corporate.uktv.co.uk/news/article/david-mitchell-and-uktv-send-comedians-wild-outsiders/

MigraineBoy

So the first of the audience records was today & someone spilt the line-up on Reddit only for mods to delete it & make stickied posts telling people such behaviour won't be tolerated.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: MigraineBoy on September 16, 2021, 09:15:53 PM
So the first of the audience records was today & someone spilt the line-up on Reddit only for mods to delete it & make stickied posts telling people such behaviour won't be tolerated.

Did you see it in time? And if so, could you pm me the names as I'd love to know who's in it.

DrGreggles

The secrecy over the TM line-up each series genuinely baffles me.
Why does it make any difference when you find out who's in it?

Old Thrashbarg

It doesn't really, but I can see why they wouldn't want it known before the next series has even started. If the line up for 13 looks great, for example, it could easily lead to people deciding to skip 12 and wait for the better line-up.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 16, 2021, 09:19:16 PM
Did you see it in time? And if so, could you pm me the names as I'd love to know who's in it.
I missed it.

BritishHobo

This happened last time, I think. I always want the spoilerer togo "fine, I won't post the lineup here, but I have posted it in the Batman subreddit, so go read it there".

Anyway I did catch it before it was deleted, and I think getting
Spoiler alert
Lisa Lampanelli
[close]
is a brilliant way of shaking things up.

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 16, 2021, 09:23:45 PM
The secrecy over the TM line-up each series genuinely baffles me.
Why does it make any difference when you find out who's in it?

I guess it's an important part of the promo, like the Strictly or Celebrity Masterchef lineup.

Anyway, a comedian has fallen into the old trap of posting photos of two outfits they've worn for two shows today (I mean, it could be for Top Gear, but they're stood in exactly the same place that Desiree Burch was when she did the same ahead of the series 12 studios records). Don't click this if you don't want to see who's almost certainly one of the five contestants: https://www.instagram.com/p/CT5bgTSsjU4/

The reddit post has been deleted but if you google it you can still see the first line in the search results where it tells you who the contestants are...

RHX

SPOILERS (apparently)

Spoiler alert
Ardal O'Hanlon, Chris Ramsay, Judi Love, Sophie Duker and Bridget Christie
[close]

MigraineBoy

Quote from: RHX on September 17, 2021, 01:39:15 AM
SPOILERS (apparently)

Spoiler alert
Ardal O'Hanlon, Chris Ramsay, Judi Love, Sophie Duker and Bridget Christie
[close]

It would explain why the last person on that list shifted their gig this coming Monday.