Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stewart Lee nearly killed onstage

Started by lazyhour, March 07, 2022, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

idunnosomename

This cunt been hit by a falling shark yet

thenoise

Quote from: Captain Z on March 10, 2022, 02:55:42 PM"Basic Lee"
Ironically the microphone is probably the stage prop most likely to kill him.

Bigfella

Can we have more details about the Gervais bit, please?  I'd pay good money to hear Gervais, Brand or Baddiel slagged off, even if it wasn't terribly funny.

the science eel

Quote from: Bigfella on March 19, 2022, 07:22:14 PMCan we have more details about the Gervais bit, please?  I'd pay good money to hear Gervais, Brand or Baddiel slagged off, even if it wasn't terribly funny.

he mocked the idea that Gervais fans claim he 'says the unsayable' by demonstrating how that can't actually work

there was a rant earlier in the show about how shit After Life is, too. He just said it was shit and if you like it, you're a fucking idiot

Psybro

It's a retread of "What're you having a go at Russell Howard for mate?" from Content Provider but stripped down even further.  Still got me though.

Bigfella

I'm going to wait until you can get the After Life DVD for a couple of quid.  Should be a painful but fascinating experience. Morbid curiosity.

the science eel

also mentioned:

Nick Cave
Tony Parsons
Josh Widdicombe
Jimmy Savile
Boris Johnson
Alan Bennett
Jacob Rees-Mogg
Lawrence Fox
Dave Chappelle
Jimmy Carr
Greg Davies
Eddie Izzard
John Cleese
Nish Kumar
Noel Fielding

neveragain

the science eel

Quote from: neveragain on March 20, 2022, 01:08:10 AMWhat did he say about Bennett?

he expanded on the positive review he'd got from him (it's on the tour poster) - a fair imitation of his voice, too! AB had compared him to a couple of old academics that Stewart had never heard of

something like that

the science eel

he read from one of Bennett's books, actually

and I think he also got a passing mention elsewhere when Beyond The Fringe came up

Captain Z

Alan Bennett is quite a major part of the first half. It ties in to the shark element, with
Spoiler alert
a fairly lengthy reading of the film "Sharknado" (the plot of which was accidentally included as the description of one of Stew's shows on Netflix) as if it were an Bennett tale, complete with prop book.
[close]

idunnosomename

"That'll pack 'em in at the Bradford Alhambra" hahaha

olliebean

Is there any more of this available to hear anywhere?

hamfist

Quote from: olliebean on March 20, 2022, 05:30:47 PMIs there any more of this available to hear anywhere?

I saw him in Harrogate last Thursday and - emotional bit: I actually nearly went from laughing to crying. I was laughing more than I have laughed during at least the last five years, and very nearly burst into tears, just overwhelmed to be finally actually feeling *something*.

So more of this is available to hear bouncing around my brain as echoes. Probably a post-pandemic reaction on my part but he was *so* fucking good.

retsuza

Was meant to fly to London to see this two years ago and it got cancelled, and I decided to just wait for it to actually be filmed. Which is annoying as I'm very impatient and entitled.

Joe Qunt

Saw Stew perform at the Lowry in Salford a few weeks ago. The first ever stand-up gig I've been to. Had a brilliant time.

He had a nice bit of banter with some fans who'd travelled up from Oxford to see him again. They were going to make a sign that said "BUSINESS RATES" and display it during the show, to which he replied something like "In the '90s, when I was good, I'd have knickers and bras thrown out me. Now I get signs with 'BUSINESS RATES' on them."

Joe Qunt

I think it was the night Barry Cryer died actually, he told a joke about how Cryer had seen his "90s Comedian" show one night and mockingly accused Stew of stealing his 'Vomiting Into The Gaping Anus Of Christ' joke.

DrGreggles

Quote from: olliebean on March 20, 2022, 05:30:47 PMIs there any more of this available to hear anywhere?

There's full audio from a recent gig, but it needs a bit of jiggery and/or pokery to improve the quality. Sounds like it was recorded inside a crisp packet.

leterel

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 22, 2022, 01:06:54 PMThere's full audio from a recent gig, but it needs a bit of jiggery and/or pokery to improve the quality. Sounds like it was recorded inside a crisp packet.

could you give us some pointers please, only found that alan bennett snippet, cheers

Thomas

pigamus

Quote from: leterel on March 22, 2022, 02:52:35 PMcould you give us some pointers please, only found that alan bennett snippet, cheers

Yeah I know bootlegs are shameful and awful and wrong but maybe you could argue extenuating circumstances, sort of, a bit, in this case

Ferris

Especially for those of us who live outside the UK and have literally fuck all other avenues.

jobotic

Apparently there was a fight at his gig in Bromley tonight. No other details.

Seeing him in Chatham next month. Should be well tasty.

Mobius

Proactive

I heard a clip on YouTube from a recent performance where he complely rehashes his old "Old people conflating political correctness with health and safety legislation" bit. Bit shit, that.