Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:17:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your Favourite Spinal Tap moments

Started by kalowski, May 27, 2022, 09:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
And I am criticized a lot. (Alexander O'Neal turns it up to 11 in the background)

famethrowa

The Bumlord

"Illevin"

That's not how we say it Chris!

famethrowa

Great to see you, good days, good days!.... wanker. fuckin' wanker

The Bumlord

Quote from: Glebe on May 27, 2022, 11:16:47 PMThe small bread and Nigel worrying about Marty DiBergi touching his guitars.

"Don't even look at it. Time to look away now"

famethrowa

checkoutgirl

Since my Baby left Me
I've found A new Place to Dwell
That's raagaa

PammySpacek

The peculiar detail of the green globule left on the drum stool after one of the drummer explosions. Also the fact that one drummer death was "best left unsolved".

D minor being the saddest of all keys.

Right after the reveal of the famous "PUPPET SHOW AND SPINAL TAP" sign, Janine says something like "Oh, no... I told them once, I told them a hundred times... put Spinal Tap first, and Puppet Show last".

kalowski

The Mollusk

Yaasss Bobbi Fleckman! You know, you know

Have   a good time      all the time

non capisco

During Jazz Odyssey - "On the bass, Derek Smalls....he wrote this."

kalowski

badaids

Virgo76

Nigel explaining how his green t-shirt features an exact replica of his inner structure.
 "It wouldn't be green though."
 "No! It is! You see how your blood looks blue?" (Points at wrist)
 "That's just the vein. The blood itself is actually red."

kalowski

"Regarding 'Intravenus de Milo': 'This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth rate of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.'"
"That's nit picking, isn't it"

Ferris

Quote from: Twilkes on May 27, 2022, 11:39:45 PM"They were still booing him when we came on stage."

I used to do this one all the time while touring (most of the time ironically). Just a brilliant bit of writing. Same for the "you've seen though of that one" when showing people guitars.

This film is fucking brilliant, must watch it again.

Ferris

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 27, 2022, 11:06:17 PM"I'm not co-managing this band with anyone. Especially not someone who dresses like an Australian's nightmare."

Superb

I'm mesmerised by the minimalist drumming style of John "Stumpy" Pepys.
https://gfycat.com/keenspicylaughingthrush

pupshaw

Quote from: BJBMK2 on May 27, 2022, 11:15:10 PM"Just came to let you all know...Sex Farm has gone to number one, in Japan".
"Spinal Taps recording of Sex Farm?"

I love this little exchange, the idea that another band in this universe, happened to have released a song also entitled Sex Farm.

Well, I think David is sticking in the boot here on Nigel, underlining the fact that Nigel Tufnel is no longer a part of Spinal Tap, and that their success is theirs and not his

Jumblegraws

"But you're not as confused as him, are you? It's not your job to be as confused as Nigel"
Viv's movements during Stonehenge
The face Ian pulls when Bobbi says "money talks, bullshit walks"

Ferris

Nigel using the violin to play the guitar, then frowning, then slightly retuning the violin.

studpuppet

That this is on the wall at the Stonehenge visitor centre.

badaids

Quote from: studpuppet on May 28, 2022, 02:43:34 PMThat this is on the wall at the Stonehenge visitor centre.

This is great but it's not quite right. 

It needs the comma after the word or to perfectly capture the delivery.

BJBMK2

Quote from: pupshaw on May 28, 2022, 01:55:26 PMWell, I think David is sticking in the boot here on Nigel, underlining the fact that Nigel Tufnel is no longer a part of Spinal Tap, and that their success is theirs and not his

Derek Smalls has the line. I think if it were David, I could see that as being the intention. But as Shearer sounds confused/inquisitive, I'd still lean towards my original thinking.

pupshaw

It's not the funniest moment, but the moment when David invites Nigel back on stage gives me goosebumps and makes me tear up at the same time. It's done so brilliantly, you can see Nigel dare not believe he can see what he sees.

QDRPHNC

Stone cold classic. The mockumentaries that followed in its wake never hit the same heights, did they? Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, etc. are all really good, but they felt too tightly scripted to me. The genius of Tap is that they filmed it like a documentary, and it really feels like one.

Glebe

"'Here lies David St. Hubbins. And why not?'"

damien

Quote from: studpuppet on May 28, 2022, 02:43:34 PMThat this is on the wall at the Stonehenge visitor centre.

HAHA that's fantastic.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Possibly apocryphal, but I once read that when Ozzy Osbourne saw it and thought the filmmakers had been spying on him.