Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:09:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Documental (Japanese Comedy Show)

Started by fit bird, October 11, 2021, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoz_MK

Lovely! Thank you!

Edit - New page Dog Nose?

Famous Mortimer

Bloody hell, the end of season 2 was incredible, two people who appeared to have genuinely lost their minds.

Swoz_MK

Those last 10mins are probably my favourite in all of Documental

amateur

Just finished Joshimental 2.

Spoiler alert
Pay Ami Kikuchi and First Summer Uika footballer's wages, imo.
[close]

One of the very best Documental things ever. Incredibly funny, weird, brilliant stuff.

boinks

Just watched the amazing ep 4 of season 3, good lord.
Spoiler alert
That massage.
[close]

Swoz_MK

Documentary of Documental has ben so good. The end of the Tofu Game with the laugh followed by successfully balancing them after the buzzer had gone was too much. Watching the final episode tonight and have no idea what to expect, this must be where it all kicks off.

Thanos has uploaded Ikemental today. Basically "Pretty boy" Joshimental.

Ron Superior

How many episodes of Documentary of Documental are there? I thought there were four but it's been sitting at three episodes up on chikichikitube for a while and I don't want to start it till they're all available. Thanks.

amateur

Quote from: Ron Superior on May 17, 2022, 09:13:27 PMHow many episodes of Documentary of Documental are there? I thought there were four but it's been sitting at three episodes up on chikichikitube for a while and I don't want to start it till they're all available. Thanks.

Thanos - and god bless them - has a habit of uploading the first half of a long episode, and then replacing it with a file containing both parts 1 and 2 rather than a separate second part.

If the third episode you've got is an hour and sixteen minute or so, that's the whole last episode. Why, I'm watching it now!

Ron Superior

That's really helpful thanks! The last episode on there is about 46 mins so I guess I've got to wait till part 4 shows up.

letsgobrian

If you're in Japan you can now pre-order a detailed Hitoshi Matsumoto action figure.

amateur

Quote from: letsgobrian on May 31, 2022, 11:54:14 AMIf you're in Japan you can now pre-order a detailed Hitoshi Matsumoto action figure.

Impossible to imagine a Japanese home not owning one of these.

Famous Mortimer

Already loving season 3. It always seems to be the photos that get a few of the people (from context, I assume the two people in the photos are a beloved comedy duo from the past?).

amateur

Just watched Ikemental and fucking hell, what a rush.

Maybe because it's not comedians, they throw everything they have at it in one go? The whole thing felt like an insane AS level drama performance, but with more

Spoiler alert
bumholes, obviously.
[close]

I wonder if this is a uniquely Japanese format, given how every spin-off they've done has delivered and  pretty much all the international editions haven't paid off.

What a show, what a format, what a Matsumoto.

weaseldust

Quote from: letsgobrian on May 31, 2022, 11:54:14 AMIf you're in Japan you can now pre-order a detailed Hitoshi Matsumoto action figure.

reminds me of the bit from no laughing spy school where matsumoto keeps cracking everybody up by making the hamada doll do a perfect backflip:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6xgbcpGV97TRj2On0R
at 37:45

Ja'moke

They've absolutely captured his laughing face in that background photo. Incredible.

Ja'moke

I didn't love the Ikemental special as much as the Joshimentals, but that whole Enya sequence was amazing.

C_Larence

Just started Documentary of Documental. Does anybody know what the incident is that
Spoiler alert
Kubota
[close]
refers to having happened earlier in the year during his intro. It sounds like he made some comments that landed him in hot water but I can't find anything online.

Ja'moke

Quote from: C_Larence on June 08, 2022, 01:18:16 AMJust started Documentary of Documental. Does anybody know what the incident is that
Spoiler alert
Kubota
[close]
refers to having happened earlier in the year during his intro. It sounds like he made some comments that landed him in hot water but I can't find anything online.

The note on that from Thanos:

QuoteIn 2018, Kubota Kazunobu tweeted that one of the judges of the M1 competition, Emiko Kaminuma, was "an old hag in menopause" out of frustration.

While he did apologize immediately, the damage was done. Kaminuma has been in the industry for a long time and has a lot of connections, so it was thought that Kubota's duo (Toro Salmon) would be blacklisted and unable to work as comedians ever again.

This was the same M1 competition in which Soshina and Seiya won. Kubota having said this really sullied the win since more people were talking about the controversy than the winners.

Swoz_MK

Thanos has just posted the first episode of s9. My desire to see the reveal of each contestant is greater than waiting for all episodes to be released.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Swoz_MK on June 19, 2022, 10:14:18 AMThanos has just posted the first episode of s9. My desire to see the reveal of each contestant is greater than waiting for all episodes to be released.

Same, haha.

It's a good line-up, although there is one guy that might be a real patience tester
Spoiler alert
that dude that is constantly shouting.
[close]

Swoz_MK

Quote from: Ja'moke on June 20, 2022, 01:16:39 PMIt's a good line-up, although there is one guy that might be a real patience tester
Spoiler alert
that dude that is constantly shouting.
[close]

I hope I have a change of heart about him like I did with Hollywood but fuck me even in his intro I was close to turning it off.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Swoz_MK on June 20, 2022, 04:03:52 PMI hope I have a change of heart about him like I did with Hollywood but fuck me even in his intro I was close to turning it off.

Yeah, it seems when the game actually started he quietened down somewhat at least. I'm liking this guy with all the mad contraptions already.

Famous Mortimer

I just finished season 3, and it was amazing. The ending was brilliant, if completely different to the extraordinary ending of season 2 - much respect to both the final survivors for facing up to the best everyone had.

Famous Mortimer

Lot of
Spoiler alert
piss
[close]
in season 4, eh? I like that, even in the heat of the moment, one of them went "this will be out there forever" when discussing this bit. I imagine it's difficult to go from this on the Saturday to your normal job on the Monday.

boinks

Documental has led me on to being obsessed with Gaki No Tsukai, which I'd only seen some of the no laughing batsu games of before (still brilliant), but now am devouring episodes like there's some kind of time limit.

amateur

Quote from: boinks on July 01, 2022, 09:02:33 AMDocumental has led me on to being obsessed with Gaki No Tsukai, which I'd only seen some of the no laughing batsu games of before (still brilliant), but now am devouring episodes like there's some kind of time limit.

What's the in point for this? I'm game to watch a load of stuff in a row.

Minami Minegishi

Season 9, Episode 2 just got uploaded by Thanos.

Quote from: boinks on July 01, 2022, 09:02:33 AMDocumental has led me on to being obsessed with Gaki No Tsukai, which I'd only seen some of the no laughing batsu games of before (still brilliant), but now am devouring episodes like there's some kind of time limit.

The New Year No-laughing Batsus don't have the intensity of Documental (except for the no-tag batsu which is completely insane) but I love them dearly. And obviously it is fun when someone like Akiyama or Fujimon pops up.

But my favourites are Fujiwara (the ex-Downtown Manager) and Heipo (producer). They are both hilarious. The 4-5 hour runtime can be intimidating but if split into one-hour chunks they work really well.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: amateur on July 01, 2022, 01:43:44 PMWhat's the in point for this? I'm game to watch a load of stuff in a row.

The Tag Batsu is probably a good place to start: https://chikichiki.tube/gakinotsukai/video/505-1-en/

The No-laughing Batsus are slightly different (being as they are focused on not laughing) but this is the origin show for them.

amateur

Minami!!! Hey Minami! We missed you!

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on July 05, 2022, 12:45:17 PMThe Tag Batsu is probably a good place to start: https://chikichiki.tube/gakinotsukai/video/505-1-en/

The No-laughing Batsus are slightly different (being as they are focused on not laughing) but this is the origin show for them.

Thank you, I'll get stuck in.

Just watch episode 2 of season 9 and it's got some classic Documental madness in it.

Spoiler alert
Popcorn, absolutely.
[close]