Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:08:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Sian doing more research than Glinner. He'll do a journalism based on that.

GoblinAhFuckScary

zacktivism

so fucking disingenuous with this transactivsm dogwhistle. "transactivists" in their world-view are literally all trans people.

fucking fash scum

angry today

hope all your wine gets corked forever more. i curse thee

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 03, 2022, 10:26:02 AMI put the clip up a week ago and forgot about it so it didn't take much work :)

Crikey. She's actually advocating that people acting lawfully and within their rights should be stopped irrespective of what the law says. It's just a hairs breadth away from calling for direct action.

jobotic

"You support violence against women" endlessly repeated at people, often women, who do no such thing.

I remember some Britain First gammon cunt screaming in my face that I was an "Isis lover" because I didn't want Nazis in my town. Exactly the same thing.

Fascist filth.

Shaxberd

They're just being honest about what they wanted all along.

"I just have concerns" or "I only have a problem with the activists" is the stuff you say to get the foot in the door. Once that's accepted you can take the mask off and say what you always meant, that the whole group shouldn't be permitted to exist.

(Comparisons are obvious with groups like the EDL who claim they oppose "Islamic extremism" when they mean "Muslims in general", or people back in the 80s banging on about "militant gays".)

JamesTC

Oh, you don't want to watch the new Harry Potter spin-off movie, do you? I suppose you also advocate violence against women, eh?

Sonny_Jim

Classic TERF stuff there, first move the goal posts a little bit, pretend like you were asked a different question and then insult the other person by saying they advocate for something they clearly don't.

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 03, 2022, 10:27:56 AMComedy enthusiast sian
What username does she post under?

Sonny_Jim

During the Gamergate wars the average age of the combat tweeter was 26...
In Trans-nam they were bana-na-na-na-ninteen.

Jake Thingray

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 03, 2022, 10:27:56 AMComedy enthusiast sian

HIGNFY, which effectively endeared Boris to the nation, woke? Does she feel threatened by the intimidatingly diverse settings of The Worst Week of My Life (in which the gags about Ronald Pickup's character seem from another time now) or Boomers? In reality, when looking at said Wikipedia entry, she probably just saw Derry Girls listed and assumed anything modern is automatically 'woke'.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Banana nuh
Bah-ner banana
Banana nuh
Bah nuh-na nuh
Banana nuh
Bah-ner banana
Banana
Banana
Banana nana
Bah bah nana nah:
Linehan's Great Muppet Caper part XIX

NeaX

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on June 03, 2022, 12:00:34 PMBanana nuh
Bah-ner banana
Banana nuh
Bah nuh-na nuh
Banana nuh
Bah-ner banana
Banana
Banana
Banana nana
Bah bah nana nah:
Linehan's Great Muppet Caper part XIX

Quote from: NeaX on October 01, 2021, 08:35:33 AMBananacunt, cunt's gone bananas,
Bananacunt, cunt's gone 'nana,
Bananacunt, cunt's gone bananas,
Banana, banana, banana nana na na nana na

JaDanketies

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

@NeaX: oops, sorry! Great gag, though, I wish I'd thought of it. Like Robert Plant and the night of the Taurus gig, Linehan's life is such a giant, ongoing car crash that I can't possibly be expected to remember everything: there's just so much going on!

The Late Satoru Iwata

I think we all recall the famously far-right political bias of Drop the Dead Donkey.

FalknerHinton

Brundle-Fly

You're the kind of person you meet at certain dismal, dull affairs
Center of a crowd, talking much too loud, running up and down the stairs
Well, it seems to me that you have seen too much in too few years
And though you've tried you just can't hide your eyes are edged with tears
You better stop, look around
Here it comes, here it comes, here it comes, here it comes
Here comes your nineteenth nervous breakdown thread

samadriel

Quote from: Ex_GC on June 03, 2022, 10:45:58 AMTransactivism isn't a word
It works nicely as a word for Glinner's transactional activism (see Anita Sarkeesian).

retsuza

Can't get over that the Helens can be so upfront about not wanting any transgender people to exist. I shouldn't be surprised but it's really unnerving and I hope any fence sitters or terf apologists can see how ugly this whole thing is.

And it's not just that they want them to stay in the closet, part of their Fash-tasy is that there are "thousands of destransitioners".

Was Arty so wrong to say there's bloodlust in the GC community?

She even wants the ones who are "happily transitioned" to detransition when she gets her "sane world" back

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: FalknerHinton on June 03, 2022, 12:46:07 PMAbsolutely no self-awareness whatsoever. After all this time it's still amazing.

"Wow, these people literally want to genocide trans people, how horrifying!"

"Omg how dare you morally object to something utterly reprehensible, you bullying meanyface!"

Also, Penisland is utterly deranged.