Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:49:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 03, 2022, 01:52:37 PMShe even wants the ones who are "happily transitioned" to detransition when she gets her "sane world" back

That was utterly chilling, because TERFs really bang on about "the true gender dysphoria suffering transwoman" to prove they're not transphobic. This is completely masks off. This is a procedure that could save you from anguish, torment, self-harm, suicide, but you'll have to suck it up because "i think some of them look weird".

Famous Mortimer

Shaxberd

Quote from: YouCantWriteTearsJimmy on June 03, 2022, 02:23:55 PMThat was utterly chilling, because TERFs really bang on about "the true gender dysphoria suffering transwoman" to prove they're not transphobic. This is completely masks off. This is a procedure that could save you from anguish, torment, self-harm, suicide, but you'll have to suck it up because "i think some of them look weird".

When Joyce's book came out there were extracts being posted on Twitter.

Joyce was very clear that she is aware that evidence says transitioning makes people happier but that she thinks it's irrelevant because it's still bad for society. The whole insistence that there are very few "true" trans people is so they can sleep easy knowing only a handful would really suffer, and all the other trans people will change their minds and thank them for it.

retsuza

The next lunch Debbie Hayton goes to with these freaks better have a lift and wheelchair access because she's not going to be taking her spine with her.

NeaX

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on June 03, 2022, 12:40:44 PM@NeaX: oops, sorry! Great gag, though, I wish I'd thought of it. Like Robert Plant and the night of the Taurus gig, Linehan's life is such a giant, ongoing car crash that I can't possibly be expected to remember everything: there's just so much going on!
You're telling me you don't reread all 10^6 of these posts every day?

I thought when I started contributing to these threads that maybe 'Graham' had become as ridiculous as he was going to get, but I was wrong. If he weren't such a destructive bullying hypocrite he'd be to me the funniest comedy creation of the last 20 years. Like Partridge, there's always some new level of ludicrousness there for the taking.

As it is though I find myself alternately finding him hilarious and being incensed by his awful behaviour.

Aindíles

The AI oracle seemingly foresees Graham making the musical himself, a one man show with an electric guitar.

retsuza

Quote from: Aindíles on June 03, 2022, 03:30:53 PM

The AI oracle seemingly foresees Graham making the musical himself, a one man show with an electric guitar.

Graham is too "clued-in" and smart to be a lowly musician that's more Matt Berry's style.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Okay folks I've been going through the thread picking out the Glinner bits and summarising the timeline but I'm not quite finished and I have wrestling this evening, so if you could keep it to 101 pages and not go over, that'd be lovely.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Checking the YouGov surveys because of what Helen Joyce said, that they won't be able to "convince everyone", but ... they really haven't convinced many people, especially not younger people. Even with the constant media onslaught.

Sonny_Jim

Ex_GC

Even though he knew all along it would only be a matter of time before he was banned and he seemed to actively want to be banned I'm sure a rant about being silenced by the misogynists in Twitter is imminent

JamesTC

There was a new type of report offered when I went to report one of Oliophi's Tweets. It even gave me a free text box to explain it is Glinner, that he is bypassing security by using somebody else's older account and that he included a screenshot of the account on his Substack.

Not hopeful anything will get done but who knows.

shiftwork2

Southport Waterstones has a card for Linehan's next birthday

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on June 03, 2022, 01:58:11 PM"Wow, these people literally want to genocide trans people, how horrifying!"

"Omg how dare you morally object to something utterly reprehensible, you bullying meanyface!"

Also, Penisland is utterly deranged.

Honestly I was just thinking that if you removed the tweet he was quoting his tweet could stand perfectly well as a description of him and his behaviour, but I like your interpretation more!

And yeah, she really is. She's another great example of someone you can see getting radicalised in real-time, to the point where now she's just completely obsessed and manic.

BennyHedgehog

He's unraveling

Seem's really distracted. He usually loves interviewing a confused old transphobe but seems a bit of a glum gus on this one.

QDRPHNC

Swear to god, I thought that said Gayfinder and I though gosh, that's quite brash of Graham to be that upfront about it.

madhair60

Alberon

I was following Linehan's latest twitter account and reporting it where possible. For the last week or so I was still getting updates on other accounts I reported, but not Linehan's. Wonder if they were already looking at it?

His next substack might be interesting.

retsuza

Perfect end to the thread, Graham having too many bananas and getting his car keys taken away.

BennyHedgehog

Holy shit, he's having a pop at Arthur Mathews and Neil Hannon as well now.

It sounds like they're all for him fucking off from Ted as well as talkback

He says he won't remove himself from the show and is going to make anyone who joins the cast and crew sign some insane banana loyalty pledge.

He's a sad man. In so many ways

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 03, 2022, 05:58:24 PMAlso on the list!!
https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/paul_woodfull/

Graham keeps smacking his lips. Its disgusting

He's such a grass isn't he. Phoning up a relative unknown, bothering him about things that have nothing they have any power over, then name dropping them at the top of his dispatches from the banana cave. Manipulative snake

JamesTC

Jesus fucking christ. I haven't laughed this abruptly in a long time. This is an actual quote from his latest video:
Quote from: GlinnerI infact want to make a promise here. The only people who work on the Father Ted musical, I am going to ask that everybody who works on it signs the decleration on women's sex based rights. This is a fairly non-controversial decleration that everyone should sign.

Shocked to see him include Arthur Mathews and Neil Hannon in his list of betrayers.

Ferris

Quote from: Ferris on June 02, 2022, 05:50:52 PM...the rate he's burning bridges he'll never work in entertainment again.

Who'd take a call from him now? You can cross off Hat Trick or anyone on the West End.

Whatever talent he has (had?) is dwarfed by his gargantuan (and increasingly difficult to ignore) personal problems. He might fuck off on a 4 day twitter bender or suddenly refuse to work with you because you won't sign one of his letters...

Said this as a joke - lo, it came to pass.

You can skip the interview because their opinions are of no value, but the first and last few minutes are quite revealing.

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on June 03, 2022, 05:36:28 PM

He calls out Arthur Mathews and Neil Hannon by name, so presumably they are now on The List. A bold move.

JamesTC

Stop the show!!!!! Dougal hasn't signed the decleration on women's sex based rights!!!! Why are you calling security? Do you hate women?