Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:19:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Just caught up on the latest Earth-shattering Glin revelations, and I note that the last thread had some people relieved that Hannon and Mathews weren't GC nutters. Sadly, surely it's entirely possible that they are maybe a bit transphobic but smart enough to know that Glinner is too much of a liability to keep around?

QDRPHNC

Moribunderast

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 03, 2022, 11:17:13 PM

What in the ever-loving fuck... "What do YOU say, Stewart Lee?" And that utterly bananas chuckle afterwards. I try to avoid these threads mostly because I find it unhealthy to fixate on this prick too much but when you drop in and see videos like the above... he just keeps getting so much more pathetic and ill.

Mindy Simmons

The Late Satoru Iwata

DigForVictory

Quote from: Mister Six on June 04, 2022, 01:54:19 AMJust caught up on the latest Earth-shattering Glin revelations, and I note that the last thread had some people relieved that Hannon and Mathews weren't GC nutters. Sadly, surely it's entirely possible that they are maybe a bit transphobic but smart enough to know that Glinner is too much of a liability to keep around?

I think this is probably more likely yeah.

It just doesn't dominate their lives and they aren't utterly obsessed with it and to Linehan if you aren't obsessed with it and thinking about it 24/7 that means you don't care and you have betrayed him.

wrec

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on June 04, 2022, 01:26:45 AMI'm not. I added Arthur to his List of Enemies on his behalf a few threads back, as seen in the first post of this one. I even done it in super-important style.

Edit: how many people on this list have you knowingly seen with your own two eyes? Not necessarily met and conversed with, just seen at a public event or on the street? I think it's only three for me.

Are Michael Gambon, Frank Muir, Joe Cornish, Elvis Costello, Gerry Adams and Ian Gillan humorous inclusions?

Have seen Gambon and Lee (not together).

buttgammon

Quote from: DigForVictory on June 04, 2022, 07:27:59 AMI think this is probably more likely yeah.

It just doesn't dominate their lives and they aren't utterly obsessed with it and to Linehan if you aren't obsessed with it and thinking about it 24/7 that means you don't care and you have betrayed him.

That's my interpretation. Mathews more or less defended him in an interview with the Irish Indo, it just happens to be that whatever sympathies he has with the Banana Movement are secondary to other things like living and working.

phes

It's probably become apparent to him that Graham is locked into compounding batshit extremism and not simply voicing concerns, that he shares

Going to be a rough week after last week's our cup runneth over with good news and now he's had his booze poured away again and his allies dwindled further. Surely time that weasel Wossy stepped up to the plate

Jumblegraws

I wonder if Glincy-Wincy has ever inadvertently caused any of his former friends to become an ally where they would otherwise have been indifferent?

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Jumblegraws on June 04, 2022, 09:26:33 AMI wonder if Glincy-Wincy has ever inadvertently caused any of his former friends to become an ally where they would otherwise have been indifferent?

God, I hope so.

DrGreggles

If he actually knew one of his (former) friends agreed with him he'd have been name-dropping them relentlessly over the last few years.

I'd say this is pretty strong evidence for Arthur and Neil both being OK.

racecar bed indy 500

the one thing from his sadvlogs that i feel deserves a mention in the recap that didn't was when he had the guy on and they both shared the same insane conspiracy theory about Starro from Suicide Squad representing "the dangers of gender ideology".

Quote from: Moribunderast on June 04, 2022, 03:17:36 AMWhat in the ever-loving fuck... "What do YOU say, Stewart Lee?" And that utterly bananas chuckle afterwards. I try to avoid these threads mostly because I find it unhealthy to fixate on this prick too much but when you drop in and see videos like the above... he just keeps getting so much more pathetic and ill.

The audio is edited from this video, which if anything is actually worse

Quote from: Mister Six on June 04, 2022, 01:54:19 AMJust caught up on the latest Earth-shattering Glin revelations, and I note that the last thread had some people relieved that Hannon and Mathews weren't GC nutters. Sadly, surely it's entirely possible that they are maybe a bit transphobic but smart enough to know that Glinner is too much of a liability to keep around?

It's also entirely possible that they aren't.

In Neil Hannon's case I suspect he - like most people - spends less than a few seconds a month thinking about trans rights, wants people to be able to live however they want to live, maybe reckons that prisons and sport are a grey area, and then happily gets on with his life. As far as I can tell, he likes to write songs, play them live and then spend his spare time helping out at his wife's animal sanctuary.

And as DrGreggles says, if he is a raging transphobe then BC would be namedropping him at every opportunity. He definitely wouldn't be criticising him on a bananacast.

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on June 04, 2022, 05:12:35 AM'Rowling-Stock'
Is this anything?

A really shitty festival people kept trying to restart?

Quote from: Jumblegraws on June 04, 2022, 09:26:33 AMI wonder if Glincy-Wincy has ever inadvertently caused any of his former friends to become an ally where they would otherwise have been indifferent?

There are few things on this planet I think I would love more...

meloyume

Helen, for one

Barry Admin

Quote from: shoulders on June 04, 2022, 09:00:27 AMHATER OF WORMEN

😂

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 04, 2022, 09:57:02 AMIf he actually knew one of his (former) friends agreed with him he'd have been name-dropping them relentlessly over the last few years.

He did recently claim that Chris Morris "gets it" and wishes he would speak out... But I still don't remotely believe that tbh.

I mean, he spent years researching and making Four Lions, and even the (superb) DVD extras show exactly what he thinks of bigotry and such. The Brass Eye Special surely shows what he would make of Linehan and his yellow journalism. 

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: racecar bed indy 500 on June 04, 2022, 10:11:05 AMthe one thing from his sadvlogs that i feel deserves a mention in the recap that didn't was when he had the guy on and they both shared the same insane conspiracy theory about Starro from Suicide Squad representing "the dangers of gender ideology".
That's covered under "interviewing absolute nutcases on his vlog now".

I'm trying to keep things concise. If he continues banging on about Starro in particular or fictional characters in general representing The Evil Transes and this is A Sign that his favourite franchises are on his side then I'll go into more detail next recap.

The Guppy

I appreciate the more concise timeline. If you need to expand on things you could put them in spoilers, so it all unfolds like a pop-up book of cuntery.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: The Guppy on June 04, 2022, 01:01:27 PMI appreciate the more concise timeline. If you need to expand on things you could put them in spoilers, so it all unfolds like a pop-up book of cuntery.
Actually that's not a bad idea. Might do that for the "New since last thread" bits.

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 04, 2022, 12:08:46 AMMurun's cousin Rossiter was the real cunt wasn't he? i need to watch all these gloriously weird little shorts properly at some point

Is Cousin Rossiter Moley?

Dr Rock

Great job Poirots, you lovely big garlicky corpse. And a big thanks to me also for coming up with 'Muchtransanger,' very good work.

kittens

i am missing referent(s) for thread title pun - please assist

Dr Rock

Mister Six

Quote from: kittens on June 04, 2022, 01:34:30 PMi am missing referent(s) for thread title pun - please assist

It was pointed out last thread that Linehan looks like Murun Buchstansangur.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: wrec on June 04, 2022, 07:53:02 AMAre Michael Gambon, Frank Muir, Joe Cornish, Elvis Costello, Gerry Adams and Ian Gillan humorous inclusions?

What? No.

There are no humorous inclusions.

iamcoop

His account has been suspended, according to a Twitter update I just received.

*edit* already noted I see.