Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Beavis & Butthead Do The Universe

Started by Malcy, June 03, 2022, 04:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Beavis & Butthead get their second film. Was announced ages ago but the trailer has been released at last. Looks good.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EaHbTnA3qSA

Out June 23rd in Paramount+

BritishHobo

Had no idea this had been announced, so the trailer is a lovely surprise. The reboot series, which itself is now upsettingly eleven years old, was fucking great. So high hopes for this.

madhair60

Malcy

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 03, 2022, 05:18:50 PMHad no idea this had been announced, so the trailer is a lovely surprise. The reboot series, which itself is now upsettingly eleven years old, was fucking great. So high hopes for this.

I'd have said it was 6 years at a push!

Replies From View

Quote from: Malcy on June 03, 2022, 05:37:30 PMI'd have said it was 6 years at a push!

Fact:  more time has passed since you thought it was six years ago than since Rottweilers were named.

Malcy

Quote from: Replies From View on June 03, 2022, 05:51:59 PMFact:  more time has passed since you thought it was six years ago than since Rottweilers were named.

Confused now!

willbo

There's more time between now and the first B&B episode, than between that episode and the birth of Heavy Metal. Probably.

the science eel

Four or five huge laughs from the trailer alone. That's good going for a grump like me. Really looking forward to this.

idunnosomename

Quote from: willbo on June 03, 2022, 06:05:03 PMThere's more time between now and the first B&B episode, than between that episode and the birth of Heavy Metal. Probably.
well there definitely is, the former is nearly 30 years (1993), and you cant really argue heavy metal exists in any form in '63/4. It's '68/9 really

Woah. Heavy.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

yeah shame I can't watch that because I already have two streaming services and SkyQ and I'm not paying for any more telly which I barely watch anyway

trabuch

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 03, 2022, 07:18:56 PMwell there definitely is, the former is nearly 30 years (1993), and you cant really argue heavy metal exists in any form in '63/4. It's '68/9 really

Woah. Heavy.

"You Really Got Me" 1964.

But nevertheless. I am very happy about this. I've got A LOT of time for Mike Judge.

steveh

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 03, 2022, 11:36:04 PMyeah shame I can't watch that because I already have two streaming services and SkyQ and I'm not paying for any more telly which I barely watch anyway

If you have Sky Cinema direct via Sky (i.e. not Now TV, Virgin, BT, etc) then you get Paramount+ free.

They're also releasing the original 90s series 'remastered' on Paramount+, which seems to mean having sorted a licence to use all the original music videos and using resourced copies of them.

madhair60

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 03, 2022, 11:36:04 PMyeah shame I can't watch that because I already have two streaming services and SkyQ and I'm not paying for any more telly which I barely watch anyway

just pirate it

madhair60

yeah because you've never heard of pirating. shut up madhair you fat fuck.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: madhair60 on June 06, 2022, 12:06:00 PMyeah because you've never heard of pirating. shut up madhair you fat fuck.

Did you just reply to yourself?

Are you having a stroke?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: steveh on June 06, 2022, 10:31:55 AMIf you have Sky Cinema direct via Sky (i.e. not Now TV, Virgin, BT, etc) then you get Paramount+ free.
oh, seriously?! I didn't even check. That shows you how much telly I bother to watch.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

madhair60

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on June 06, 2022, 02:10:49 PMAre you having a stroke?

never understood why people say this. my uncle had a stroke and it was the worst, most devastating fucking thing imaginable, leaving him a shell of his former self. never got why that one gets thrown around. not having a go at you specifically, everyone does it. I probably do it. it's just, gah. every time I see it's like, oh yeah, that awful, awful fucking devastating, painful memory i have. cool cool. it's like that Ctrl Alt Del comic meme, "Loss", every time it gets posted, going oh yeah... miscarriage. very casual

Jackson K Pollock

I'm having a weird Mandela Effect moment here, but I never noticed that 'Butthead' was hyphenated until this trailer... That can't just be me, right?

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: madhair60 on June 06, 2022, 06:34:28 PMnever understood why people say this. my uncle had a stroke and it was the worst, most devastating fucking thing imaginable, leaving him a shell of his former self. never got why that one gets thrown around. not having a go at you specifically, everyone does it. I probably do it. it's just, gah. every time I see it's like, oh yeah, that awful, awful fucking devastating, painful memory i have. cool cool. it's like that Ctrl Alt Del comic meme, "Loss", every time it gets posted, going oh yeah... miscarriage. very casual

I'm really sorry. It is an overused cliche of a CTRL+ALT+DELETE gag and I'm sorry I triggered a family trauma.

madhair60

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on June 06, 2022, 07:47:51 PMI'm really sorry. It is an overused cliche of a CTRL+ALT+DELETE gag and I'm sorry I triggered a family trauma.

No it's all good, honest, it just prompted me to think about how people (including me) just throw out stuff like that, it's got me thinking about my own shit. That's all.

imitationleather

Everything is funny until it happens to us.

Glebe

So they time travel to the present day? Was the reboot series set in the '90s?

Pinball

somersetchris

Quote from: trabuch on June 03, 2022, 11:48:22 PM"You Really Got Me" 1964.

Calling that heavy metal is a stretch, to say the least. I think you'd have to make a strong case for anything before Black Sabbath's first album, which was 1970.

the science eel

1968 was MC5's first, Led Zep's first gigs, Truth, Blue Cheer's debut...