Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Skull - New Predator Film

Started by Malcy, July 28, 2021, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colacentral

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 08, 2022, 12:35:36 PMTrailer:

Looks alright to me. The characters seem like a nice change from wisecracking tough guys. It's a bit distracting that they're all speaking modern English, but I guess something like this wasn't going to be made with all the dialogue subtitled.

It looks okay but I was hoping for something a bit more Apocalypto. The cinematography looks a bit flat and as you said, it seems like it's going to feel like modern Americans in fancy dress with bows and arrows. I don't think it's a binary choice between using subtitles or talking in flat modern English either, so that's disappointing if it reflects the full film. It would be a shame if this does turn out to be mediocre because it would be a waste of a good concept and probably the only thing worth doing with the predator idea after the original.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 08, 2022, 12:35:36 PMTrailer:

Looks alright to me. The characters seem like a nice change from wisecracking tough guys. It's a bit distracting that they're all speaking modern English, but I guess something like this wasn't going to be made with all the dialogue subtitled.

There's going to be a Comanche dub, which is neat:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3718296/predator-movie-prey-will-make-history-with-full-comanche-language-dub/

Bad Ambassador

A Comanche language version will also be available.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

There's going to be a version dubbed in Comanche, I hear.

dead-ced-dead

Mister Six

But will it be dubbed in Comanche?

SteveDave

dead-ced-dead

So, it's being dubbed I hear. Into Comanche. No reports thought.

Replies From View

Being called PREY, it needs to be the exact opposite of PREDATOR or I shall register a formal complaint to her majestron

phantom_power

Amber Midthunder was great in Legion so it will be interesting to see how she carries a film

Replies From View

Quote from: phantom_power on June 08, 2022, 07:08:12 PMAmber Midthunder was great in Legion so it will be interesting to see how she carries a film

Using her thunderous mid-section, I'd imagine.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Replies From View on June 08, 2022, 03:42:31 PMBeing called PREY, it needs to be the exact opposite of PREDATOR or I shall register a formal complaint to her majestron
Never mind humans hunting predators, aren't we due a film about humans hunting humans soon? There was The Hunt a few years ago, but that was chasing Trump supporters so it doesn't really count. And a Brazilian one which I won't name because spoilers, but it doesn't count because it was forring.

Spoiler alert
Bacurau
[close]

madhair60

they should just not make predator films. even the first one is like, 2 stars tops. like a litmus test, because it is so obviously not a good movie, everyone just saw it when they were a kid or something. it's boring rubbish. sorry for being 2 real

TrenterPercenter

They should do a remake of the first one but have a cgi Jimmy Saville blipping in and out of visibility.

bgmnts

Quote from: madhair60 on June 10, 2022, 07:53:02 PMthey should just not make predator films. even the first one is like, 2 stars tops. like a litmus test, because it is so obviously not a good movie, everyone just saw it when they were a kid or something. it's boring rubbish. sorry for being 2 real

Should be framed and put in the museum of shit opinions.

madhair60

Quote from: bgmnts on June 10, 2022, 08:31:28 PMShould be framed and put in the museum of shit opinions.

i would be willing to change my mind if someone would explain what makes Predator in any way outstanding or even interesting

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: madhair60 on June 11, 2022, 09:34:24 AMi would be willing to change my mind if someone would explain what makes Predator in any way outstanding or even interesting

Jesse Ventura firing a minigun

13 schoolyards

Quote from: madhair60 on June 11, 2022, 09:34:24 AMi would be willing to change my mind if someone would explain what makes Predator in any way outstanding or even interesting

The line "What's got Billy so spooked?"

bgmnts

Arnie
Carl Weathers
Long Tall Sally
Chopper
Pussy jokes
Predator
Bill Duke

Sonny_Jim

I heard this was being dubbed into Don Ameche.

Also, because the end credits fit the Minder theme perfectly.

Replies From View

If you are reading this post it means that your favourite film of all time is Alien vs Predator: Requiem.

Povidone

Shhhiiiiit I love that film, has the following line which isn't meant to be satirical in the context of the film but ends up a wonderful précis of American logic:

"People are dying! We needs guns!"

I do hope this new film will have a version that is in Comanche. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see if there's any news on that.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 10, 2022, 07:47:19 PMaren't we due a film about humans hunting humans soon?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptations_of_The_Most_Dangerous_Game

This list seems extremely short, honestly, compared to the number of trashy low-budget movies which use it as a rough template.

https://letterboxd.com/holger/list/most-dangerous-games/

Has a few more on it. Get yer human hunting fill here.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: madhair60 on June 10, 2022, 07:53:02 PMthey should just not make predator films. even the first one is like, 2 stars tops. like a litmus test, because it is so obviously not a good movie, everyone just saw it when they were a kid or something. it's boring rubbish. sorry for being 2 real

You've gotta remember that the first half of a predator film won't even have the predator in it, just it's results.

Mister Six

Fuck me, we actually agree on something.