Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your Favourite Spinal Tap moments

Started by kalowski, May 27, 2022, 09:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enzo

"Did he just call us Limeys? fucking limo driver..." "fucking limmy!"

one of my fave bits from the commentary

The Late Mike Morris

Quote from: PowerButchi on June 11, 2022, 04:47:11 AMBoston not being a big college town anyway.

Love on the commentary too, with (I think) Guest/Tufnel responding to that with "it turned out that was a lie"

LordMorgan

Am I losing my fucking mind? It all leads up to this. Can you check me on this? Am I losing my mind? I don't understand what this has to do with ANYTHING!!

Love David's voice going up at the end

benjitz

Quote from: gilbertharding on June 08, 2022, 11:58:06 AMOooh!

I'm sorry I asked - it's ruined it a bit. Thanks though.

Yeah I thought that your post was funny enough, underlining the angry randomness of it, and considered not filling you in; but it was such a coincidence you posting that, and then Reiner being interviewed and asked about it (in an otherwise quite brief interview) only a few days later. Think I would have rather not known either, although I am still completely unaware of any slang for vomit involving Australians. Also, Reiner makes it sound like was planned/written/scripted rather than improvised here, which is disappointing too...

Ferris

Quote from: The Late Mike Morris on June 11, 2022, 06:02:40 PMLove on the commentary too, with (I think) Guest/Tufnel responding to that with "it turned out that was a lie"

There's an in-character commentary track?!

neveragain

Oh yes. Only on one particular DVD release (which I don't have but managed to download the audio from somewhere). Think it's the earliest release and not the two disc version.

Maybe another obvious one but the scene of Nigel working on his gentle new song in D minor at the piano bit just kills me.

famethrowa

Quote from: neveragain on June 13, 2022, 12:55:51 AMOh yes. Only on one particular DVD release (which I don't have but managed to download the audio from somewhere). Think it's the earliest release and not the two disc version.

It's right there on youtube, top stuff

- well he's dead
- well maybe he's just... resting
- resting in a hole
- or resting in someone else's hole

greencalx

This is about the only commentary I've had the patience to sit through - it's very nicely done. The DVD menu "whoooooh... come back. That's way too small..." (paraphrasing from memory) sets the tone.

EDIT Here goes:

Maybe this is also on the non-commentary versions?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I always thought they missed a trick in Better Call Saul by not having Chuck do his David St Hubbins voice at some point. Just have Chuck recounting some business trip he went on to London, and have him do an impression of an English lawyer he met there or something. It would probably come across as wanton fan service, but it would be brilliant.

SpiderChrist

"When you've loved and lost the way Frank has..."

SweetPomPom

"And yet, I would gladly die screaming in insufferable agony,
if it meant I could spend my last few moments
gazing into her eyes"