Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:02:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Killing It

Started by Ron Superior, June 13, 2022, 03:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Superior

Anyone watching this? It's a Peacock series but it's just started showing on E4 over here.

From Dan Goor and Luke Del Tradici, starring Craig Robinson, Claudia O'Doherty, Scott MacArthur and featuring Tim Heidecker.

I've only just started it but I'm really enjoying it. It's a really interesting and gritty show about a snake tournament, it's really funny, and Claudia in particular is great.

Well worth checking out.

Ron Superior

OK, I've watched all 4 episodes that are available so far and I love this show. Really recommend checking it out.

Scott MacArthur is unbelievably good at playing dirtbags, from The Mick to Righteous Gemstones to this.

Plus it's got CBB favourite Lily Sullivan in it.

Small Man Big Horse

I've not seen it yet but I was a big Brooklyn Nine-Nine fan and like all of the cast, so will give it a shot soon.

Edit: All eight episodes of the first series are out on the torrent sites, just in case you weren't aware.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I'm watching it at E4 pace and really enjoying it so far.

I'm sure as shit no prude, but I was a bit shocked by all the swearing. I assumed it was going to follow the same cosy lines as Parks and Recreation/Brooklyn 99, but they're all effing and blinding like nobody's business.

I recently watched all of The Mick and lamented its cancellation, so it's nice to see Scott MacArthur turn up, even if he's not as big a presence.

robotam

I can see it growing on me.
I watched the first one because a bunch of funny people I like are in it. I thought it was just pretty good until the end when they finally reveal the premise of the show. That made me laugh a lot. It's such a convoluted setup.

Ron Superior

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 16, 2022, 06:43:03 PMAll eight episodes of the first series are out on the torrent sites, just in case you weren't aware.

Yeah thanks, but I'm rubbish at the whole torrenting business, which I've been lamenting recently with loads of shows I want to watch getting no pick up over here.

But I think you'll really like this.

Ron Superior

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 16, 2022, 07:21:24 PMI'm sure as shit no prude, but I was a bit shocked by all the swearing. I assumed it was going to follow the same cosy lines as Parks and Recreation/Brooklyn 99, but they're all effing and blinding like nobody's business.

I know, it's weird seeing the Not A Doctor ident at the end of a show full of old man ballbags and graphic snake attacks!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ron Superior on June 16, 2022, 07:49:45 PMYeah thanks, but I'm rubbish at the whole torrenting business, which I've been lamenting recently with loads of shows I want to watch getting no pick up over here.

But I think you'll really like this.

I've watched the first one and did really enjoy it, there were a couple of obvious gags (
Spoiler alert
the snake still being alive, the prize money being exactly 20K
[close]
) but overall it made me laugh a good few times, and I'll definitely watch the rest.

When it comes to torrenting, it is surprisingly easy, I made a ,jpg for a friend about a year ago explaining how to do it and have just sent it to you now on the off chance it helps.

Mobius

enjoyed the first episode of this, thanks for the recommendation

the brother is a crackup

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 17, 2022, 07:43:09 PMI've watched the first one and did really enjoy it, there were a couple of obvious gags (
Spoiler alert
the snake still being alive
[close]

TSSBA scene was really funny.

I haven't come across Claudia O'Doherty before, she's good in this (as is everyone)

Overall - nice show.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 19, 2022, 10:09:20 AMTSSBA scene was really funny.

I haven't come across Claudia O'Doherty before, she's good in this (as its everyone)

I only knew her from the Irish low budget ghost busting comedy Extra Ordinary, which I'd recommend as it's an odd old thing but really quite funny in places.

Ron Superior

Claudia's great! She's always brilliant on Comedy Bang Bang, and has some great old videos on YT. Here are a couple, but it's worth a bit of a trawl in general

Ron Superior

Ok, I'm going to keep banging on about this cos it's fucking brilliant.

Two episodes left to go and I've no idea where it's going. It's just been renewed for season 2, which is great news.

Ron Superior

Finished this series now and it was fucking brilliant. Loads of laugh out loud moments and I actually jumped out of my seat twice with shock, which never happens. Season ended brilliantly, set up nicely for season 2.

Seriously up there jostling with Barry and Better Call Saul for best shows on currently.

Mobius

Yeah I'm 4 or so episodes in, and really enjoying it. It is very funny. I just watched the episode at the business conference with Tim Heidecker, which was my favourite one so far.

QDRPHNC

About halfway through the first season. I'm liking it - enough to keep going certainly - but part of me just can't get into it completely. It's great to see so many wonderful actors pop up, but the quirkiness feels pretty forced, and I'm finding the characters a bit one-dimensional. This was especially apparent in

Spoiler alert
the house-sitting episode, when it seems like two of the asshole characters might reveal hidden depths, but no, they just go back to being assholes. Basically it seems in this world, you're either a kooky lovable loser or an evil narcissist who loves money and hates poor people.
[close]

It's got something though, and I think it's the charm of the leads. Sticking with it.

(Although all that being said, this is the first time I've ever seen Claudia O'Doherty in anything and I think I want to be girlfriends and boyfriends with her.)

Ron Superior

Yeah, the house sitting episode is definitely my least favourite of the season. With the depth of the characters, there are a couple of episodes later that do improve that. And yeah, Claudia is WONDERFUL!