Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:26:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Real bloopers

Started by dead-ced-dead, June 13, 2022, 11:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maett

It's been 10 years and I don't think I'll ever tire of Ashley Schaeffer

QDRPHNC

damien

Gervais is a terrible arsehole and everything but this still cracks me up, I particularly love Merchant berating him off-camera for not sticking to the script. Also there's always a childlike joy seeing someone in a show who doesn't usually even smile (in this case Stirling Gallacher) in hysterics 

https://youtu.be/13Bn-PT9TKE

The cat food one 20 seconds into this is a joy

Menu

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 14, 2022, 11:15:27 AMHow could you be annoyed at JLD's giggling - it's adorable!
In fact, how could you be annoyed at JLD?

I agree and yet they do seem to be pretty annoyed at times. There's one scene in a  coffee shop where they all start groaning and rolling their eyes. I suppose they were under a lot of time-pressure but I'm the sort of person who'd be giggling along with her. I find it infectious. I guess that's probably the main reason I never got an acting job on Seinfeld. Still fuming about that actually.

Menu

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 14, 2022, 09:09:11 AMI like Alan opening the door to Michael and trying not to laugh when he's got chocolate mousse all round his mouth.

God, that sounds so unfunny.

I remember seeing that for the first time possibly about 1998? Coogan was still quite a mysterious figure at that time so to see him break character and laugh was quite something. Seems strange now I admit.

Replies From View

I made the following comment in the "fake bloopers" thread:

Quote from: Replies From View on June 15, 2022, 10:49:28 AMIt's a much greater skill to not over-egg these kinds of moments.  When something brilliant and unscripted happens it takes a lot more self control to not turn to the audience with an "oop, did you notice that!" face.  There's a lot to be said for staying in character.

Best real-life example I can think of for this is a theatre production from about 15 years ago - unfortunately I can't remember what it was as I was seeing a lot of theatre at the time, but for the sake of atmosphere think of the Beckett play Krapp's Last Tape.

Simple thing happened:  a mouse was on stage.  It appeared at one corner, paused.  Scurried to the centre of the stage, paused.  Then continued to the far corner where it disappeared and wasn't seen again.

Its path was a straight line, and this line cut through the position of the actor's feet, which were both on the floor while the actor was sitting.

Without acknowledging the mouse in any other way, the actor simply lifted up whichever foot was in its path to allow it to continue its unbroken straight line.  Foot up, mouse under, foot back down.  Simple as that.

It was brilliant - no looking down at the mouse first, no shrugging in or out of character, no manner of double-take, no gawp did you see what I saw.  Just foot up, mouse under, foot back down and the play continued.

gilbertharding

I like the blooper reels for Arrested Development - although the real ones are a bit tedious, the way they're packaged, and the fake ones they add in make them worth watching. I think.

Glebe

Glebe

Quote from: Glebe on June 17, 2022, 09:11:23 PM"Grim-grom?!"

I love how much this got Carrell. So funny watching him try and compose himself after this.

Glebe

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on June 18, 2022, 04:00:58 PMI love how much this got Carrell. So funny watching him try and compose himself after this.
Yeah, love the way he goes "WOW!" and has to take a moment! It's a great little bit, like two friends just messing around!

DigForVictory

Quote from: Menu on June 15, 2022, 01:56:43 AMI remember seeing that for the first time possibly about 1998? Coogan was still quite a mysterious figure at that time so to see him break character and laugh was quite something. Seems strange now I admit.

No I know what you mean.

Alan felt so real even then that even though obviously I knew he was a character it was still weird to see Coogan break.

Is that the only blooper from either series of I'm Alan Partridge?

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Glebe on June 17, 2022, 09:11:23 PM"Grim-grom?!"

What's he asking? I can't for the life of me figure it out #deafoldcunt

Quote from: SpiderChrist on June 19, 2022, 08:20:30 AMWhat's he asking? I can't for the life of me figure it out #deafoldcunt

I think it's intentionally nonsense. He's then taken aback by how funny Wiigs nonsense reply is.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on June 19, 2022, 11:53:18 AMI think it's intentionally nonsense. He's then taken aback by how funny Wiigs nonsense reply is.

That makes it even funnier, and makes me feel less bad about my deteriorating faculties.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Twilkes on June 13, 2022, 11:35:20 AM

The take in the show was good but just not as awesome.

Never seen this! How on earth did that not make the final edit that's fantastic. would've been such an easy cut too but I guess they wanted it all in one shot/take.

On the subject or Seinfeld something I was going to mention in the fake bloopers thread before this one rolled along was Jason Bloody Alexander. There are obviously some funny moments in the blooper reels but i immediately want to move on the second he's falling to the floor in forced laughter or rolling around. 

Replies From View

I was confused about the placement of the cigarette, but then I remembered they often use glasses for television that hold liquid around the sides, giving the impression of a full pint, whilst being an empty space down the middle.

The Ombudsman

Surprised these haven't had a mention yet.

Goldentony

Quote from: wrec on June 13, 2022, 09:16:40 PMJerry Stiller in Seinfeld. Dunno how the actors managed to get through any takes without corpsing as his delivery is always bizarre and surprising.

what da HELLLLLLL does DAT MEAN???