Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:10:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Jaaaaam Dining Experience

double bill with the Bread Dining Experience

Video Game Fan 2000

The Quatermass Dining Experience

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Ferris on June 17, 2022, 09:00:05 PMWhen the Whistle Blows dining experience.

Is he having a laugh? Answer: no.

When The Wind Blows dining experience. Fallout poisoning included.

petril

Bottom dining experience. the fun is in whether it's copyright or poisoning that gets it shut down

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: petril on June 18, 2022, 03:04:34 PMBottom dining experience. the fun is in whether it's copyright or poisoning that gets it shut down
"Bottom Feeders"

Catalogue Trousers

This was mentioned way back in this thread. Since it was scheduled to open in November 2019, I felt pretty sure that Covid would've knocked this bold venture on its head, throttled it in its Scouse cradle.

But no. It's open right now, as we speak.

'Relive the madness one more time...' Why does that sound more like some terrifying, pants-shitting John Rambo 'Nam flashback that a Jolly Boys' Outing to me?

https://onlyfoolsbar.com/

Fambo Number Mive

Faceless Del, Rodney and Albert.

None of the photos on the gallery page seem to be accessible. In fact neither does much of the site.

Would be fascinating to visit but I wouldn't want to spend more than 15 minutes in there.

JamesTC

I've seen a couple of posters around town. Kept meaning to take a picture to post here.

That's a really great Uncle Albert there with the Barry from EastEnders lookalike.

Fambo Number Mive

Apparently there is an Only Fools and Horses pub in Cyprus. Some of the reviews complain about the lack of memorabilia though the food and drink seems popular.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g12934550-d14122987-Reviews-Only_Fools_and_Horses_Pub-Pernera_Paralimni_Famagusta_District.html

idunnosomename

Theres loads of pics of the Liverpool bar on google maps including their cocktails menu. On phone now so cant save them though.

Mostly positives but does seem the music is very loud and the floors are sticky.

Ferris

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 19, 2022, 01:03:26 PMWould be fascinating to visit but I wouldn't want to spend more than 15 minutes in there.

How many cards fall through the bar on a nightly basis? I'd guess double digits before 9pm.

idunnosomename

I think they have a special bar set up for you to fall through

Ferris

You'd have to wouldn't you? Just operationally, your staff couldn't move for gurning cunts pretending to fall and knocking over drinks or whatever.

Here's a designated spot, fill your boots lads.

Fambo Number Mive

They should do OFAH themed food and drink. If anyone complains that their water glows yellow or their food has wig hair in it, they could say it is part of the Only Fools and Horses experience.

There's a picture of Del Boy holding some pants next to a young woman on the site. What is that referencing?

Also (TW: drink spiking) there's a worrying review on the Liverpool bar site claiming a poor response from staff to a drink spiking. Just to be aware if anyone is planning to visit: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186337-d19827705-Reviews-Only_Fools_Bar-Liverpool_Merseyside_England.html

JamesTC

DESIGNATED FALL THROUGH THE BAR WHILE TRIGGER PULLS A FACE AREA ALERT!

JamesTC

You plonker Rodney. You've only gone and converted my face into an assembly of words from the TV show.

I would like a dont call me dave my fine barman!

How can we link Only Fools to Liverpool? Did they have a scouse character? Who cares. Just stick a Beatles reference.

idunnosomename

here's a more up-to-date pic of the drinks menu

just so the representatives of Shazam Productions Limited know what they can have to drink while the scope the joint out

I feel inclined to point out "Fallen chandelier", peach puree and lambrini, and "midnight at Marlenes", tia maria and lucozade. which I think is taken from the show. but if I learnt anything from Flamin' Moes, you can't copyright a drink!

Fambo Number Mive

Why table service only? Is that to prevent people congregating near the bar? Or so they can add a service charge to the bill (which happened to me in Brighton once, they added a service charge to the bill for bringing two drinks over).

JamesTC

They could have just called it a Blend it like Beckham. He was on the show and was a good mate of Del.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 19, 2022, 01:50:27 PMWhy table service only? Is that to prevent people congregating near the bar? Or so they can add a service charge to the bill (which happened to me in Brighton once, they added a service charge to the bill for bringing two drinks over).
that pics from August 2020, rishi deso social distancing era

Fambo Number Mive

Glebe

Fambo Number Mive

Is that a mixture of OFAH characters and people from Liverpool?

Is Denzil - the one person who is both an OFAH character and from Liverpool - on the other side of the mural?

idunnosomename

tbh the retro furniture they've gathered for the Nelson Mandela House living room is pretty good

also have to have the stage with giant Tony Angelino here

Catalogue Trousers

They appear to have a knock-off Droopy rather than the proper little lion/dog cigar caddy. Very poor.

'Uncle Albert's Disco Nap'?

imitationleather

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on June 19, 2022, 04:02:54 PM'Uncle Albert's Disco Nap'?

This is widely-used slang for taking GHB at chemsex parties iirc

JamesTC

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on June 19, 2022, 04:02:54 PM'Uncle Albert's Disco Nap'?

It was wise considering he pissed himself last time he got excited.

Catalogue Trousers

I'm probably putting all too much investigation into this, but those two drinks menus...there's one difference between the draught beers. Carling on one, Peckham Falls on another.

Might...just might...Peckham Falls be what this bar has hastily rebranded that Carling piss-water as, so that they can claim that they're serving an authentic OFAH beer?

The deceitful bastards!

grainger

Edit: deleted; others got there first

Fambo Number Mive

Some footage of the inside of the bar: