Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:58:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Superstore

Started by Jockice, June 20, 2022, 10:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

There's probably already been a thread on this before but as I can't work out how to use the search function...

Anybody into this? As you may have realised by now I'm not really a fan of American sitcoms or binge-watching things, but I spent last weekend at my **********'s doing this. Because for various reasons we can't really go out at the moment, so the telly is our best friend and she discovered this show recently while channel surfing in the middle of the night.

It took me a few episodes to get into it, but I think it's quite good, an ensemble comedy with decent characters. Even though it seems to be being shown wildly out of sequence it's quite a pleasant way to spend a few hours,

That's all I have to say about it. I believe someone involved with it also had something to do with the US version of The Office, but I bailed out on that during the second series. I really can't usually be arsed with that sort of stuff.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Previous thread

I watched all of it a few months ago and enjoyed it. It had a likeable quality that carried it through the occasional laugh lull, but it was generally pretty funny anyway.

Jockice

Cheers Claude. We probably will watch it in sequence at some point. Take it from me that's as thrilling as life in Long Eaton gets,

Icehaven

I liked it. It was one of my many, many lockdown sitcom/comedy binges and I got happily into it. It's not perfect of course but nothing is, and towards the end some more soapy/drama stuff started to creep in but it was still amusing enough. And it had 2 Kids In The Hall in.

dead-ced-dead

As previously mentioned, it stars one of The Kids in the Hall. No bad thing. It has a likeable cast, all of whom have an interesting character quirk.

I don't usually like Will-They-Won't-They, but I found myself really rooting for Jonah and Amy. I found I really believed in them and found it quite realistically played.