Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:00:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Skinner loses Cockrel

Started by Tony Tony Tony, June 20, 2022, 09:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thr0b

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on June 21, 2022, 05:24:53 PMAaaah, yeah that does make sense. It's weird that Frank and Emily haven't mentioned it in passing to the listeners though.
With Alun saying "frank let me go", it sounds like it was Franks decision and they just don't want to talk about it on air.

Can't help but feel sorry for the bloke. They're just acting like he never existed.

The other thing - if you don't mention someone is gone, there is a theory that person will quickly be forgotten. And that preferable to the audience then looking to find where that person has gone, and ending up in the listening figures of a rival.

Brundle-Fly

It might simply be Frank Skinner wanting to shake things up as he may have felt things were getting stale. Nature of the beast, that is show business.

Matthew Dawkins Jub Jub

I used to enjoy Cockrel's sardonic tone, but I don't consider it a bad thing to have a change-up, even if it's unannounced.

Gradual Decline

Quote from: mr. logic on June 21, 2022, 05:20:53 PMCochran has been doing it on zoom for a while and it was noticeably messing up the entire show, which relies on quick conversation. Surprised they allowed him to do that for so long, to be honest- did they ever explain why he wasn't in the studio?

I think Alun is unvaccinated. Though please don't quote me on it, legal fans.

Oh, you might be on to something there! If he's gone full gammon apprentice and refuses to take the vaccine that would explain why they wouldn't let him in the studio and why they eventually just fucked him off.
I've heard him snorting at covid stuff in the past, and again, just assumed it was tongue in cheek, him playing the stubborn, no nonsense "I know better" yorkshire stereotype.

That definitely sounds like the most likely thing now when you look at what Ron quoted Alun as saying on instagram "Frank let me go...I got exiled then let go"