Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help me with this Frank Muir story

Started by Scuba Diver, June 22, 2022, 12:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scuba Diver

https://youtu.be/V5BA4wwJNV8?t=2330

Maybe I'm incredibly slow, but this one has baffled me since I first heard it over 20 years ago on the radio. It's the story that begins at 38:50. I can never understand the last part of the story with the butler.

Can anyone help?

Pauline Walnuts

poodlefaker

There's a bit missing. If I remember the joke, when the butler rebottles the wine he finds there's about a pint left over, which he drinks himself.

Pauline Walnuts

To answer your question, there was more fluid in the bath after she'd bathed in it. ie she'd gone for a wazz in the bath.

JesusAndYourBush

It's an old joke that the audience have heard before judging by their laughter pre-empting the punchline. I've heard it before too.  Such an old joke that he doesn't even bother saying all of it.

"Whereas I poured into the bath..."
Spoiler alert
150 bottles (or whatever number), when I rebottled it there were 150
[close]
"...and a half bottles."

Tony Tony Tony

Mention of Frank Muir brings to mind something he is often quoted as having said. Apparently he said of working at the BBC the most useful thing he learned was how to sleep with his eyes open during meetings.

Still good today.

Glebe

Scuba Diver

Thanks for the explanations. I always suspected it was something to do with her peeing in the bath but I could never get it to make sense based on what he was saying.