Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:48:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I passed

Started by Black Ship, June 22, 2022, 02:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Ship

Just got a notification that I passed all my assessments for my level 2 commis chef apprenticeship. I am now a fully qualified chef.

Just glad this bullshit is all over and I can just focus on my life.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Cor, well done! (that's an expression of congratulations, not a food order)

Do you get one of those big chef hats?

bgmnts

Black Ship

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 22, 2022, 02:44:42 PMCor, well done! (that's an expression of congratulations, not a food order)

Do you get one of those big chef hats?

I've never met a chef that does wear a torque blanc. They don't really cover the hair that well like the baker's cap I use. I think they are just for show personally.

Pink Gregory

Same question, but checkered black and white trousers

Consignia

Cooking Marvellous. Does that mean you are officially allowed to use Chef's Kisses to show approval for things?

Sebastian Cobb

Is it too much to have expected you to prepare a delicious meal for the forum to celebrate this good news?

QDRPHNC

Well done!

(steak joke)

Barry Admin

Buelligan

Black Ship

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 22, 2022, 02:57:20 PMSame question, but checkered black and white trousers

Nah, chefs tend to wear blue checks these day.

Glebe

Congrats Black Ship!

Des Wigwam

Same question, but with your name embroidered on a white jacket?

Congrats.

Stigdu

Black Ship

Quote from: Des Wigwam on June 22, 2022, 03:13:34 PMSame question, but with your name embroidered on a white jacket?

Congrats.

Not me, but a lot of chefs do.

Everyone stop making jokes, it's a serious,
Serious profession
Serious,
Serious profession

Black Ship

I'm afraid the steaks have been (b)raised. At least no one is telling any blue jokes.

TrenterPercenter

Congratulations CHEF!

By law you have to always be addressed as Chef now don't you? Or are you going to go all American on us and insist on the full "Chef Black Ship".

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Black Ship on June 22, 2022, 03:22:19 PMNow, now, don't fight. Let's just establish a happy medium.

Some CABbers will beef about anything.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Black Ship on June 22, 2022, 03:08:38 PMNah, chefs tend to wear blue checks these day.

so you can find them if they fall into the food?

can you make me a pie?

turnstyle

Sounds like you're on a roll, a PROFITEROLE.

Thanks.

Paul Calf

You have my utmost respect. I worked as a chef for three years and I would rather boil puppies in  rats' milk than do it again.

bgmnts

Just for my own edification, does being a commis chef mean you're going to be constantly bollocked at by knobs who think they have Michelin stars for a few years before getting a bump up?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

What's for tea then?

shoulders

Congratulations Black Ship.

madhair60

make me a fucking sandwich