Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

QuoteA Downing Street spokesman said Deputy Prime Minister Dominic Raab would make any urgent decisions in his place.

They added that the PM's return to work would depend on how he was feeling.

I bet he's feeling he can't be arsed, the lazy fucker.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteDowning Street has confirmed that it spoke to a newspaper before it dropped a story involving the prime minister's wife, Carrie Johnson.

The Times printed a report on Saturday saying Mrs Johnson had been offered the role of chief-of-staff to Boris Johnson while he was foreign secretary, at a time when they were in a relationship.

But the item was removed from later editions and not published online.

No 10 said it had spoken to the Times before and after the story came out.

The prime minister's spokesman said it had been made clear by his political colleagues in Downing Street - and by Mrs Johnson's spokesperson - that the claim was "not true".

But a government source told the BBC the conversation following publication had not included mention of legal action...The journalist who wrote the Times story, Simon Walters, told the New European website that he stood by it "100%".

"I was in lengthy and detailed communication with No 10 at a high level, [Mr Johnson's press secretary] Ben Gascoigne and Mrs Johnson's spokeswoman for up to 48 hours before the [Times] went to press," he said.

"At no point did any of them offer an on-the-record denial of any element of the story."

"Nor have any of these three offered an on-the-record denial to me since," Mr Walters added. "No 10 and Mr Gascoigne did not deny it off-the-record [meaning to be reported but not directly attributed to an individual] either."

DrGreggles

Wakefield probably gone to Labour, but Tiverton and Honiton requires a biggest ever swing of 24,000+ to not stay blue - can see them hanging on.

Alberon

Bernice

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 23, 2022, 08:20:28 PMHow on god's earth has marr come to this conclusion?

By being the clueless cunt he always has been. At least Preston wears his idiocy on his sleeves; Marr somehow carries with him the air of a savvy pundit.

Mobius

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/24/tories-lose-byelections-wakefield-tiverton-honiton-labour-lib-dems

The Conservatives have lost two key byelections on the same night, with Labour taking Wakefield and the Liberal Democrats overturning a 24,000-plus majority to snatch Tiverton and Honiton, piling enormous political pressure on to Boris Johnson.

The Tiverton and Honiton result, where the Lib Dem candidate, Richard Foord, defeated the Tories' Helen Hurford by 6,144 votes to take a constituency that has been Conservative in its various forms for well over a century, will particularly spook Tory MPs.

It is believed to be the biggest numerical majority ever overturned in a byelection, although there have been higher percentage swings in other seats.

Oh dear!

Alberon

That's a good enough thumping to keep the pressure on Johnson.

He won't go, obviously because "Bah, mid-term dip, we've listened and moved on, piffle."

But it underlines how he is a vote loser these days, not a winner.

For Labour's sake though he has to stay.

Alberon

The Chairman of the Conservative Party, Oliver Dowden, has resigned in what appears to be an attempt to take the blame for the defeat

https://twitter.com/OliverDowden/status/1540191893258207232

EDIT: Looking at it again it is an attack on Johnson.

jobotic

Must be angry. He hasn't mentioned wokism of cultural Marxism.

How big is his majority?

shoulders

Replies From View

Alberon

Quote from: jobotic on June 24, 2022, 07:00:38 AMMust be angry. He hasn't mentioned wokism of cultural Marxism.

How big is his majority?

Over 20,000 at the last election, but with Johnson still in Number 10 is there a truly safe Tory seat anymore?

DrGreggles

Low turnout in both, down 20% and 25% respectively.
Makes the huge swings an even bigger kick in the Tory teeth.

Butchers Blind

Alberon

Depends if Johnson is still party leader.

I think the Tories are finally waking up to the fact that he will never go if he has any say in the matter and that they will lose the next election with him.

Expect to see the 1922 rules changed in the next few weeks and another punt at Johnson before the conference season.

DrGreggles

Johnson is out as soon as his successor is chosen.
Expect a name to be pushed by the Tory rags over the next couple of weeks.

Fambo Number Mive

Alberon

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 24, 2022, 08:16:02 AMJohnson is out as soon as his successor is chosen.
Expect a name to be pushed by the Tory rags over the next couple of weeks.

Who though? It's the question that has saved Johnson's skin over the last year. Who can credibly be the next Prime Minister?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Alberon on June 24, 2022, 09:11:51 AMWho though? It's the question that has saved Johnson's skin over the last year. Who can credibly be the next Prime Minister?

Because credibility was so important last time...

Inspector Norse

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 24, 2022, 09:14:13 AMBecause credibility was so important last time...

I'd argue the 2019 election was unusual in that had Brexit not played a factor with non-Tory Brexiteers voting for Johnson to "get Brexit done", I doubt Johnson would have got such a big majority. He would probably still have won if he had been leader in 2019 given the attitudes of the press but without Brexit would he even have become leader?

frajer

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 24, 2022, 08:57:05 AMWonder how the privet hedges of freedom are today.

Ok who typed "The banality of evil" into the AI image generator?

bgmnts

Have to imagine losing Tiverton was the death knell for cunt Boris.