Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and 3 Courses

Started by chocolate teapot, February 28, 2015, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Total cargo cult at this point.

And yeah ive never seen a bar put their own "comedy" name on a beer. Presumably when you buy from the brewer you have an obligation to put the proper brand name on the pump?

Catalogue Trousers

You can take a selfie in half a Robin Reliant, not Regal.

Not even a whole car.

Love how, at the start of that video, that passing couple seems to physically recoil as they pass - 'eurgh - set foot in that tacky shithole? No thanks!'

Deso.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on June 19, 2022, 05:33:23 PMYou can take a selfie in half a Robin Reliant, not Regal.

Not even a whole car.
Not even a first-generation Robin, which at least followed straight on from the Regal. The version of the Robin they have followed the Rialto. So not even whole half-arsery. Just "fuck-it, this'll do" writ large. Which, ironically, does fit the theme.

gilbertharding

Tia Maria and Lucozade is canon, at least - but I don't believe it had a name, or any other ingredients.

It's up there on a list of drinks I really want to try, but would ever order in a pub, along with Guinness shandy.

beanheadmcginty

Presumably they'll be opening a Bread-themed bar in Peckham now?

peteprodge

I visited Poland last month, and they are very very much into their pizza. It's very prolific, sold in so many places, even in kiosks.

I took this photo of a literal pizza hut* in Malbork, not because of the curious way to flog 'glorified cheese-on-toast' (as my mother called it), but it's that use of the Mistral font. It looks like a cheap tacky Only Fools & Horses dining experience an Only Fools & Horses dining experience, but in Polish.

* = Alright, it wasn't a hut made out of pizza, I concede.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: JamesTC on June 19, 2022, 01:36:25 PMDESIGNATED FALL THROUGH THE BAR WHILE TRIGGER PULLS A FACE AREA ALERT!

That's actually fucking incredible.

grainger

On the subject of the yellow van... (not in the bar, but in the actual show). OK, everyone is used to it being part of the show. But take a step back... would someone like Del actually have a van like that in a million years? Why would he do that? Surely he'd have a more conventional car (a sports car or luxury car, if he could afford it, or a staightforward white transit for business).

But he definitely, definitely, wouldn't have a fluffy cabin. I mean... why? Except for out-of-character cheap laughs? "That's a funny vehicle, let's have it in the show. We'll just say that Del has one. Then we can have a funny vehicle in the show". It's total bollocks, isn't it?

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: grainger on June 30, 2022, 11:28:19 PMOn the subject of the yellow van... (not in the bar, but in the actual show). OK, everyone is used to it being part of the show. But take a step back... would someone like Del actually have a van like that in a million years? Why would he do that? Surely he'd have a more conventional car (a sports car or luxury car, if he could afford it, or a staightforward white transit for business).

But he definitely, definitely, wouldn't have a fluffy cabin. I mean... why? Except for out-of-character cheap laughs? "That's a funny vehicle, let's have it in the show. We'll just say that Del has one. Then we can have a funny vehicle in the show". It's total bollocks, isn't it?

Aren't you getting your Trotter vehicles confused there? It's Del's later "Pratmobile" Ford Capri that has the fluffy interior, unless I'm very much mistaken.

grainger

Ah OK - I'm just going on the video from that bar TBH, where the yellow van has a fluffy interior. I should stop getting Fools wrong.

But to be fair to myself, no reasonable person could expect that bar to offer anything less than a fully autentic experience.

Ferris

Was gonna criticize you there but yeah fair point. This is on the Only Fools Bar, where is the apology? It's outrageous.

Shaky

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: grainger on June 30, 2022, 11:28:19 PMOn the subject of the yellow van... (not in the bar, but in the actual show). OK, everyone is used to it being part of the show. But take a step back... would someone like Del actually have a van like that in a million years? Why would he do that? Surely he'd have a more conventional car (a sports car or luxury car, if he could afford it, or a staightforward white transit for business)...

I presume it is because people would be more likely to notice it, making it better advertising for Del and his company. Either that or the three wheeled van would have been cheaper to buy.

idunnosomename

New gritty reboot of only fools where they just have a normal white ford transit van.

Fambo Number Mive

It's just called "Fools" and is a drama based on the sitcom. Del hides heroin in the blow up sex dolls before selling it to children. Rodney gets kettled by police on a XR demo.

grainger

I mean, that's almost what they do anyway, isn't it? Sell dangerous bootleg prodcts? I wonder what the death count is. The excess deaths in Peckham, vs. other comparable areas, must be astronomical.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: grainger on July 01, 2022, 11:41:32 AMI mean, that's almost what they do anyway, isn't it? Sell dangerous bootleg prodcts? I wonder what the death count is. The excess deaths in Peckham, vs. other comparable areas, must be astronomical.

All those people in the flats that the plane flew into for a start.

JamesTC

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 01, 2022, 10:56:25 AMIt's just called "Fools" and is a drama based on the sitcom. Del hides heroin in the blow up sex dolls before selling it to children. Rodney gets kettled by police on a XR demo.

Flashbacks to everything their mum said on her deathbed.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: JamesTC on July 01, 2022, 02:05:23 PMFlashbacks to everything their mum said on her deathbed.

the whole series is revealed to be Del's flashback during his fatal fall through the bar

Ferris

"Trig, it's not your fault. Nobody could have known he'd fall through the bar... It was an accident, Trig, a terrible accident that's all. You have to forgive yourself."

"Thanks, Dave."

Video Game Fan 2000

the clues were there with Trigger's face faintly supposed imposed on all the most haunting scenes

JamesTC

Trigger is called that because he carries round a gun.

thr0b

NICE JUBBLY.

- In case the embed isn't working - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfqNh7QeUts

Essentially - I love the opening titles of the Slovenian version. They're exactly what a modern remake of the show should look like. And the van is good.

- In case this embed isn't working - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLA7Kx4srUs

Natch.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: JamesTC on July 01, 2022, 03:57:55 PMTrigger is called that because he carries round a gun.

In the remake its because he's got PTSD

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteEvery detail has been meticulously reproduced with the same love and care as the bear himself.

Apart from the trousers and shoes.

Looks almost as grim as Del Bear. I wouldn't accept those for free, let alone £275.

QuoteHis glorious light-blond coloured fur is made of real mohair – one of the most beautiful and sustainable natural fibres in the world. His paw pads are made from beige-coloured felt and his tired looking eyes suggest he's worrying about the outcome of the next dodgy-deal that Del has got planned!

Love it when my soft toys look tired and worried. Eyebrows on a teddy bear just look odd.

They've also got this to stick in your pocket.

Ferris

Presumably these are officially licensed wares or the Sullivans will come knocking.

Personally, I am glad that those fly by night dining experience chancers got their marching orders so that we, the consumers, can expect high quality goods like these bizarre teddy bears for 275 quid each.

Fambo Number Mive

Just imagine having Del and Rodney bear on your mantlepiece. Because you can't play with them, get them down and have them run around the living room calling each other plonkers, because that will reduce the value.

Imagine all those children wanting to play with Steiff soft toys but being told no.