Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:47:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chart Music Podcast 2 (Man Sound) - ITS PIPOU TIME!

Started by dr beat, August 11, 2020, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

How are you all going to sit still for six and a half hours? Will there be a couple of intermissions?

boki

It'll only be about an hour or so. There's another podcast booked in for 4:30

dr beat

The mailout promises a '90 minute blast' through an episode they haven't covered so far.  Not bad for a tenner.

Edit: And now fully sold out, only 1 of 2 events in the London Podcast Festival to have done so currently.

gilbertharding

Quote from: non capisco on June 30, 2022, 07:48:15 PMAh I'm gonna have to stay out of this thread for a bit, burning with jealousy for you lot and gutted I can't make that date.

*solidarity*

I presume it will be recorded. And I also hope there'll be an episode between now and then.

Egyptian Feast

More info for the non-Patreons:

Quote from: AlWill there be more tickets available?

[UPDATE] YES! They've opened up the balconies, meaning there's extra seating available. Get your arse in there NOW before we announce it to the general public...
https://www.kingsplace.co.uk/whats-on/comedy/chart-music-the-totp-podcast/

Will we be livestreaming?

I'd love to do this for the Pop-Crazed Patrons, so we've asked about the possibility of it.

Will it be recorded and put out as a bonus episode?

Yes.

Will you be selling merch?

We aim to. T-shirts and badges at least.

Will we be going for a drink afterwards?

FUCKING TOO RIGHT. Dunno which pub yet, but we went for the 2pm slot specifically so we could all doss about after without having to rush for trains. And hey - do not be shy about coming up to us, as I'd love to thank you personally for your support.

Will you be doing more of these?

If we're not shit at it, definitely. And yes, we want to do the non-London bits.

Have a good weekend, and expect updates when we get 'em. And STAY POP-CRAZED.

- Al

DrGreggles

boki

Bah, I booked myself a ticket for the Attitude Era podcast show afterwards, I might only get a swift half in with our pop crazed overlords.

I have only a vague idea of what Al or any of the other CMP peeps look like (other than Simon) so it'll probably blow my mind. Gutted Neil won't be there, my fave by far.

DenzilHolles

Honestly can't think of many people in the whole of historeh that I'd like to have a pint with more than Al.

I'll be there, and up for meeting folk beforehand.

"Will there be more tickets available?

[UPDATE] YES! They've opened up the balconies, meaning there's extra seating available. Get your arse in there NOW before we announce it to the general public...
https://www.kingsplace.co.uk/whats-on/comedy/chart-music-the-totp-podcast/

Will we be livestreaming?

I'd love to do this for the Pop-Crazed Patrons, so we've asked about the possibility of it.

Will it be recorded and put out as a bonus episode?

Yes.

Will you be selling merch?

We aim to. T-shirts and badges at least.

Will we be going for a drink afterwards?

FUCKING TOO RIGHT. Dunno which pub yet, but we went for the 2pm slot specifically so we could all doss about after without having to rush for trains. And hey - do not be shy about coming up to us, as I'd love to thank you personally for your support.

Will you be doing more of these?

If we're not shit at it, definitely. And yes, we want to do the non-London bits.

Have a good weekend, and expect updates when we get 'em. And STAY POP-CRAZED.

- Al "

Jockice

Neil Kulkarni liked one of my Facebook posts a couple of days ago and David Stubbs has too in the past, so we're practically married. But since that day's my birthday it's doubtful if I'll be there.

dr beat

Very kind that the CMP gang have reserved some seats for the Inspiral Carpets. Admittedly those seats are in the bogs, and the band will have to dole out handwash and paper towels to punters, but still, it's the thought that counts and I'm sure those £1 tips will add up.

Quote from: dr beat on July 03, 2022, 04:42:24 PMVery kind that the CMP gang have reserved some seats for the Inspiral Carpets. Admittedly those seats are in the bogs, and the band will have to dole out handwash and paper towels to punters, but still, it's the thought that counts and I'm sure those £1 tips will add up.

So this is how it feels to FRESHEN UP!

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 24, 2022, 09:23:10 AMI thought the Carpets were OK, and did a few nice-sounding singles, but TIHIF isn't one of them.

Wrong. TIHIF is a great song and Inspiral Carpets should be commended for not only attempting something more ambitious than just-another-Madchester-single but for making it an against the odds hot. Though the Carter USM cover is miles better than the original.

It's not a criticism of the podcast, since I enjoy it in spite of and not because of the questionable music opinions, but I'm always surprised that there is so rarely disagreement among the hosts on what often strike me as arbitrary and unpredictable takes.

DenzilHolles

Wasn't much of a fan of the Inspirals at the time, but have listened a bit more recently and they've aged a lot better than similar bands from around then.

I find myself disagreeing with roughly half of the opinions on Chart Music. It's all part of the fun of it really.

badaids

No fan of the inspirals, but I am in the this coat down was harsh camp. At least they tried and TIHIF is not that bad a song. And there were many far worse baggy bands than them.

dr beat

Well, that's like, your opinion man. I'm sure they'd appreciate some help with the handwash.  I've heard it's a tricky action in that venue.

dr beat

Quote from: badaids on July 03, 2022, 07:00:08 PMNo fan of the inspirals, but I am in the this coat down was harsh camp. At least they tried and TIHIF is not that bad a song. And there were many far worse baggy bands than them.

Well be sure to tip them.

dr beat

Also the Inspirals lot where were you on page one of this thread?

Where were you?
Where were you?
Where were you on page one?
Where were you on page one!?

dr beat

THE 'FAMOUS' INSPIRAL CARPETS WENT TO BRUSSELS TO SEE PIPOU,
AND THE FAMOUS INSPIRAL CARPETS WENT TO BRUSSELS TO SEE PIPOU,
AND THE FAMOUS INSPIRAL CARPETS WENT TO BRUSSELS TO SEE PIPOU,
AND THIS IS WHAT HE SAID (F*** OFF)
WHO THE F*** ARE INSPIRAL CARPETS!
AND WHO THE F*** ARE INSPIRAL CARPETS
AND WHO THE F*** ARE INSPIRAL CARPETS
WHEN THE 2 MEN SOUND GO MARCHING ON ON ON

dr beat

Now that I have *ahem* finally sobered up, a quick heads-up/warning for any Pop-Crazed Youngsters who might be travelling in from up North to the live show.  Looks like there are planned engineering works on both the West Coast and East Coast Main Lines on the 17th Sept, so if you are getting, for example

Spoiler alert
the 8.15 from Manchester
[close]

it could well be a bus replacement.

Seriously, Northern England or Scottish PCYs, it may well be worth planning your journey well in advance.

buzby

Quote from: dr beat on July 12, 2022, 10:43:33 PMNow that I have *ahem* finally sobered up, a quick heads-up/warning for any Pop-Crazed Youngsters who might be travelling in from up North to the live show.  Looks like there are planned engineering works on both the West Coast and East Coast Main Lines on the 17th Sept, so if you are getting, for example

Spoiler alert
the 8.15 from Manchester
[close]

it could well be a bus replacement.

Seriously, Northern England or Scottish PCYs, it may well be worth planning your journey well in advance.
According to the National Rail website, the only scheduled engineering works affecting Avanti West Coast that weekend are for evening trains to Wolverhampton. LNER however have got rail replacement buses between Edinburgh and Newcastle.

dr beat

I'll be travelling to and from Edinburgh.  I booked my journeys this week and a lot of fares were listed as fully unavailable on both lines for that date, I checked both routes.  Some were however, but I'm having to get the sleeper down the Friday night before.  Managed to get a return back up on Saturday evening but it does look like a very reduced service. 

I guess I've just been burned too many times.  Both routes can be cruel and capricious beasts.

buzby

Quote from: dr beat on July 13, 2022, 12:00:28 AMI'll be travelling to and from Edinburgh.  I booked my journeys this week and a lot of fares were listed as fully unavailable on both lines for that date, I checked both routes.  Some were however, but I'm having to get the sleeper down the Friday night before.  Managed to get a return back up on Saturday evening but it does look like a very reduced service. 

I guess I've just been burned too many times.  Both routes can be cruel and capricious beasts.
Avanti West Coast haven't released their Advance weekend/bank holiday tickets for the end of August or September yet (Advance tickets are available 6 weeks  beforehand - it used to be 12 weeks). It will be another 4 weeks before I can book tickets, by the looks of it.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 30, 2022, 07:49:03 AMGoing to have to get a customised t-shirt made for this.

My TMS t-shirt arrived yesterday

prelektric

Hey fellow PCYs, can anyone remember which episode the Ed Case "East End Tune" demo appeared in? Was describing it to my mate yesterday and he's desperate to hear it - Simon used to have it on his YT channel but it's now gone "private" :(

Seem to remember it was played in full at the end of the episode. Sorry, being a bit lazy but if anyone has the answer it will save a lot of searching through the eps themselves!

Cheers now bye love you no you hang up

non capisco

It's in episode 57 'A Balloon Full Of Gravy'. Discussion in the preamble, glorious artefact itself is I think played in the Easter egg bit right at the end.

MOI NAME IS PHIL
AND OI LOVE KATHY
OI'M A MOTOR MECHANIC
SHE WORKS DAHN THE CAFFY

non capisco

I can recite the whole thing, it's amazing.

OI'M GRANT MITCHELL
SHARON'S ME LAAAAAHHHHHVAHHHHH
IF YOU DON'T LOIKE IT
OI'LL CAHM RAHND AND NUT YAAAAAA!

prelektric

Quote from: non capisco on July 20, 2022, 11:11:20 PMIt's in episode 57 'A Balloon Full Of Gravy'. Discussion in the preamble, glorious artefact itself is I think played in the Easter egg bit right at the end.

MOI NAME IS PHIL
AND OI LOVE KATHY
OI'M A MOTOR MECHANIC
SHE WORKS DAHN THE CAFFY

You are beautiful and you can have all my babies*.

*I actually don't have any, but in way of compensation, a promise of a nice alcoholic beverage may assuage your disappointment

SteveDave

It's a shame to see how far Clint Boon has fallen. At least Johnny "Just For Men" Marr is there to help him out.