Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:24:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luornu

Ikr? As someone said before it's more like a misshapen Stuart Maconie.

Lineconie.

Ayasakura

I used to LOVE Sinfest back in the days of Livejournal. That purple haired chick was one of my user pics and everything, but I hadn't thought about it in years. Imagine my absolute horror when I realised that the whole thing had gone off the deep end. But yeah, he's totally Linehaned except that he's kept producing work, although whether or not anyone reads it is another matter.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Luornu on July 02, 2022, 12:51:31 PMIkr? As someone said before it's more like a misshapen Stuart Maconie.

Lineconie.
I reckon it's more of a Simon Westonised Stuart Maconie

Luornu

We in the post apocalyptic wind scorched wasteland that is the rump remnant of the sinfest fandom (though we're not really fans anymore) have wondered at great length exactly how Tatsuya is earning a living?

Turns out there's one person who is paying money into his patreon (or one of those sites like patreon I can't remember exactly) and that person is most probably a hardcore terf. Lately he's been making the terfery almost the solitary subject of the strips (and he makes his 'points' such as they are with all the subtlety of the archetypal falling anvil)

He did break off exclusive terfery to a bout of homophobia during prid month though. (featuring a guy with a dildo gun who was firing dildos everywhere in nearly every strip.

It's been said before many times, many ways, but cunt's gone bananas (tm)

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 02, 2022, 12:45:42 PMNone of them look anything like Graham Linehan
The way these AI drawing things work is that they apparently don't go searching the web to find out what Graham Linehan looks like. The software has been trained with gigabytes of crap from the web and other sources, but it doesn't know everything. So if you type in something that there was lots of examples in the training data, like an apple or Donald Trump or pooing, it has a good idea what they look like. But with Glinner, it won't have been given lots of training images of Graham Linehan, it'll just have some idea what a Graham looks like, and maybe some idea of who Glinner is, who he has worked with, and what he's associated with online: possibly the training data included an article on Maconie that mentioned him. So his image is probably just a generic compound of Grahams, sitcom writers, terfs, and anyone slightly more famous he's worked with.

Dr Rock

CrowdJustice policy

QuoteCase policy

CrowdJustice is a platform that promotes access to justice for everyone. We welcome cases of all shapes and sizes and celebrate the successes of our community.
[...]
Second, we don't allow certain types of cases and behaviors on the platform. This includes content that:

threatens the anonymity of a victim or minor
    promotes violence, abuse, hate, harassment, or intimidation
    is gratuitously violent, sexually explicit, or needlessly upsetting

Let's report it
https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/de-platformed-by-nottingham-ci/
QuoteIf you have any questions about these CrowdJustice Terms or need any information, we're happy to help. Please email us at info@crowdjustice.com

Ex_GC

Dr Rock

She's upped the target to £50k. Where does the money go?

QuoteHow much I am raising and why? My initial target will allow me to instruct my legal team to draft and send a letter to Nottingham City Council. 

Jerzy Bondov

Ferris

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 02, 2022, 01:18:03 PMGrift initiated, starting at a modest £5k

Proper weak shit. Read the crowdfunder blurb, it opens by acknowledging that yet another terf crowdfunder is taking the piss and apologizes for itself as it goes.

3 grand to write a letter to the council to demand to speak at a library? It doesn't make sense - you can say what you like at a private space but the council is under no obligation to provide you a public space to do it, especially if they feel your talk may breach their policy on acceptable speech. In fact they open themselves up to legal problems if they don't act.

You can write a letter if you like, and you'll get that response in writing. A total waste of three grand.

I suppose you could argue about the rules of what constitutes acceptable speech as understood by NCC but they make their policy, not you. You could waste a shitload of their taxpayer money by taking them to court if you wanted but most local councils are already criminally underfunded so siphoning off their money to deal with the legal whims of tedious twitter dickheads is a pretty terrible way to support libraries (which Bindel acknowledges as very important and underfunded literally in her crowdfunder).

If you fall for this and give her money, you're an idiot.

Ferris

What the fuck is she going to do with fifty grand?

If the answer isn't "donate it to the library" then it becomes obvious what the real motivation is for all this.

Ferris

30 seconds on google to confirm that the lawyer receiving the wedge for this has exactly the opinions you'd assume.

JaDanketies

What figure do you think they have their eyes on for this?

jobotic

I haven't been given a platform by Nottingham City Council either.

PM me for bank details and make a donation.

retsuza

Just been kicked out of a beer hall for having an OPINION.

Please give me 100'000 Reichsmark.

Dr Rock

How many times has Bindel used that photo? Here's an article in a national newspaper about how she's being silenced

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/27/julie-bindel-to-sue-nottingham-council-after-aspley-library-talk-cancelled

QuoteBindel said: "I was going up to speak about feminism, about violence against women'. She said she was paying her own expenses and had no plan to talk about transgender issues.

'no plan',  sure.

also, the much-silenced Julie Bindel's wiki:
QuoteBindel has written or co-written over 30 book chapters and five books, including Straight Expectations (2014) and The Pimping of Prostitution (2017). She is also the editor, with her partner Harriet Wistrich, of The Map of My Life: The Story of Emma Humphreys (2003). She has written regularly for The Guardian, New Statesman, The Spectator, The Sunday Telegraph magazine, and Standpoint.

Ferris

Graun was able to quote Simon fanshawe but didn't find room to mention his history since 2019, sadly.

jobotic

Yeah but how many articles has she had commissioned by Nottingham Arrow, the City Council's quarterly publication? About none?

https://www.mynottinghamnews.co.uk/arrow/

Pimhole

Quote from: Ferris on July 02, 2022, 02:04:08 PM30 seconds on google to confirm that the lawyer receiving the wedge for this has exactly the opinions you'd assume.

Can't find it, who is it? Is it the anti-abortion one?

Barry Admin

Oh fucking hell, Julie Bindel has put sellotape over her mouth again. Katie Montgomerie was parodying this just recently.

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 02, 2022, 02:48:15 PMYes!

Haha brilliant :-D let's see what Julie Bindel has to say about it...

Oh Julie is too busy pretending she's oppressed for money again, never mind.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 02, 2022, 02:48:15 PMYes!

Awesome!

As for Bindel: oh god  stfu. Try living on just over 300 quid a month (all of which goes on preexisting debts, which is admittedly my own fault) and see what real  poverty is. Fucking transphobic, whining, talentless wanker.

phes

HamishMacbeth

Just catching up with the last few Father Ted hostage videos and I found myself wondering, is Father Ted even really this landmark cultural phenomenon Graham seems to think it is?

I remember watching it a little as a kid and people my age quoting it a lot in high school, I know people remember it and it's beloved by comedy fans, but looking over Graham's work if I were to pick a show based on its broadest appeal, to be his pension musical, it'd be The IT Crowd, right? That's the show I remember *everyone* watched. This isn't intended to be a criticism of Ted itself, but it was a 90s Channel 4 comedy fan's show, surely, not a Blackadder, Men Behaving Badly or The Royle Family? It's like Edgar Wright putting all his dice on a Spaced musical.

Someone correct me if I'm way off, Ted was a *little* before my time, I didn't really watch it until my teens in the 2000s. 

Shaxberd

Bindel should be thanking Nottingham City Council for the publicity, I imagine many more people will be aware of the cancellation (which allows her and other GCs to play up their "we're being silenced!" narrative) than would have ever bothered turning up to the actual talk.

In fact, now I think about it, trying to book talks in cities in the full knowledge the people who own the venues will probably say no is probably a very good strategy for someone like Bindel to drum up attention and milk more crowdfunder money out of the faithful when there aren't any recent "cancellings" to cry about.

Kankurette

Can grifters stop putting tape on their mouths? It's ruining bondage kink for me.

Dr Rock

Quote from: HamishMacbeth on July 02, 2022, 03:54:46 PMJust catching up with the last few Father Ted hostage videos and I found myself wondering, is Father Ted even really this landmark cultural phenomenon Graham seems to think it is?

No.