Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:19:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poohthology Test

Started by bgmnts, July 04, 2022, 12:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

bgmnts

We're both very well rounded individuals!

itsfredtitmus

Christopher Robin (Schizophrenia)

Hmmm

Zero Gravitas

Nice, Tigger is the cool one.

Is there a difference between self image and self, I sure hope not for 8% of the internet's sake.

Lemming

Eeyore's my favourite character so this is fucking typical.

Ferris

kalowski

Norton Canes

The new 50p has let itself go

shoulders

Between 33-50 for all of them.

itsfredtitmus

rinnie the rooh!
the pooing rooh
mooh, the rooh!

itsfredtitmus

you didn't fill up the schizo bar enough cutie

katzenjammer

Boring

Bennett Brauer

Would ADHD Tiggers be able to get through 33 questions?

Sebastian Cobb

QuoteYou appear to have two or more equally prominent Pooh Pathologies. It is possible that you are an equal fit for all of those characters. On the other hand, it is also possible that you simply answered the questions in such a way that you ended up with tied results, even though, in reality, you do have a definite Pooh Pathology. Whether you really are an equal fit for all of these characters, or you just happened to get an equal score on all of them, we are unable to say; we are therefore also unable to give you a more personalized description. But you can consult the chart above to see which of the characters you scored the strongest on.

"there's obviously something wrong with you but fucked if we know mate"

katzenjammer

I kind of think these tests are unhelpful and possibly dangerous. I know a couple of people that have declared themselves neuro atypical based on online tests without getting any professional diagnosis

Norton Canes

Got as far as 'People sometimes tell me I give unrelated answers to their questions'

bgmnts

Quote from: katzenjammer on July 04, 2022, 10:07:24 AMI kind of think these tests are unhelpful and possibly dangerous. I know a couple of people that have declared themselves neuro atypical based on online tests without getting any professional diagnosis

Disclaimer: The Poohthology Test should not be used as an alternative to an official diagnosis. If you believe you suffer from one or multiple of these disorders, please contact your local herbalist or shaman immediately.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: katzenjammer on July 04, 2022, 10:07:24 AMI kind of think these tests are unhelpful and possibly dangerous. I know a couple of people that have declared themselves neuro atypical based on online tests without getting any professional diagnosis

This 100%.  The disclaimers are buried away there but the intention is, like scientologists do, to create psychological hooks to then sell you stuff.

We've got people that think CBT is mumbo jumbo, the most evidence and tested model of therapy that has ever existed but stick a load of cartoon characters on a dismantled DSM checklist and they'll tell everyone they've got ADHD like Tiger.

Seriously inappropriate that they included a measure for schizophrenia (and also promoting harmful stereotypes of people that suffer with psychosis).

Stigdu

No idea how to embed the image. Anyway, I got Pooh (67%) and Tigger (60%).

Pimhole

Quote from: katzenjammer on July 04, 2022, 10:07:24 AMI kind of think these tests are unhelpful and possibly dangerous.

D'ya think? Gosh.

Quote from: katzenjammer on July 04, 2022, 10:07:24 AMI know a couple of people that have declared themselves neuro atypical based on online tests without getting any professional diagnosis

Many online tests are frivolous like this one, however yer actual tests that proper doctors use for initial outline diagnosis are also online and it can be useful to do these and take them with you to your first appointment. Who knows, maybe you'll get an official diagnosis is 2.5 years instead of 3 years.

And while you're waiting, just continue pretending not to have [diagnosis] and/or be disbelieved by every fucker.

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 04, 2022, 10:49:46 AMWe've got people that think CBT is mumbo jumbo, the most evidence and tested model of therapy that has ever existed

It's not mumbo jumbo but is mostly helpful for anxiety disorders (emphasis on disorder) rather than, say, grief or severe depression. In some cases it can be actively unhelpful. For me, it made me want to kill myself when I didn't want to before. It is prescribed thoughtlessly and disproportionately, because it is The Only Thing available on the NHS.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Pimhole on July 04, 2022, 11:33:13 AMIt's not mumbo jumbo but is mostly helpful for anxiety disorders (emphasis on disorder) rather than, say, grief or severe depression.

It is helpful for anxiety (not sure why you are empathising the disorder) and mild, moderate depression, it has been found in lots of different independent studies to do so.  Anxiety and depression are linked and have overlapping symptomology.  It has also been found to be effective for psychosis as well as lots of other conditions.  It's isn't a panacea however, nothing is, that isn't how MH works.

There is some evidence for CBT being effective for severe depression there was a meta analysis in 2017 that showed it was effective across 5 independent trials (Furukawa et al 2017 if you are interested).  The sample size was enough for statistical significance but more research needs to be conducted here as surprise surprise whilst there are 20 trials for antidepressants vs placebo at the time of publishing there were only 5 for CBT (because pharmaceutical companies have a vested interest researching their products - also note CBT was found to be slightly more effective than AD in these trials).

QuoteIn some cases it can be actively unhelpful. For me, it made me want to kill myself when I didn't want to before. It is prescribed thoughtlessly and disproportionately, because it is The Only Thing available on the NHS.

It works.  Unfortunately it didn't work for you, we could do with understanding what mechanism that CBT becomes actively unhelpful, why does it help some and not others because obviously there are lots of things that come into this including type of provisions and resistance to treatment.  This is nothing unique to CBT here, medication has been associated much more with suicide, suicidal thoughts, and poor long-term recovery but it seems to be getting a very easy ride on here.

It also isn't the only thing available on the NHS you can of course get counselling and several other therapies depending on your local NHS trust (all of them are different and provide different services - in some of them you can still get ECT if you were that way inclined). 

I'd be interested to know what you would like to be available?

Dr Trouser

33 questions!? gave up after first 3. If you can't psychoanalyse me in 4 questions or fewer I'm not interested.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dr Trouser on July 04, 2022, 12:27:34 PM33 questions!? gave up after first 3. If you can't psychoanalyse me in 4 questions or fewer I'm not interested.

"Are you mental Y/N?"

Dex Sawash

Lemming

Actually, when you go to a psychologist, they just discretely open the Pooh Pathology Test on their screen.