Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:01:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FBI Kept Tabs on Mort Sahl's Jokes About It, and Hoover Thought Sahl Was a 'Sick

Started by MortSahlFan, July 03, 2022, 11:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortSahlFan

Just published.. This is an effective comedian. Not just being the best, but attacking real power, not ... whatever they do now (get along with their corporate sponsors)..

Not hard to imagine Hoover and the FBI in general go after a comedian. He had power. You don't write for Presidents without that skill.

https://reason.com/2022/06/30/the-fbi-kept-tabs-on-mort-sahls-jokes-about-it-and-hoover-thought-sahl-was-a-sick-man/

"The feds ultimately decided not to talk to Sahl about his offending jokes, fearing he would publicly roast them."

C_Larence

QuoteJ. Edgar Hoover thought standup comedian Mort Sahl was a "very sick man,"

You can't deny he was eventually proved right, 61 years later.

Mobius

Quote from: MortSahlFan on July 03, 2022, 11:45:37 PMattacking real power, not ... whatever they do now (get along with their corporate sponsors)..

Yeah they should write for the President, that'll show the powers that be.

The Mollusk

chip

Famous Mortimer

The Culture Bunker

With this and the whole thing about investigating whether 'Louie Louie' by the Kingsmen had saucy lyrics, I can assume the FBI was the agency most involved in "general dicking around" at the time.