Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:08:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast

Started by RickyGerbail, November 26, 2011, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

I'm getting proper excited, this is the comedy highlight of my year.

Heating up on Twitter too.

QDRPHNC

veletision

Nah it's too late and long.

Probably in 2 or 3 sittings over next few days

BritishHobo

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 27, 2022, 03:04:41 PMAnyone else watching it live tonight?

Aye. Hoping for big wins for Bond, and hopefully some more footage from Deck of Cards.

Based on the world's oldest book. Well not a book, but a deck.

QDRPHNC

Whatever it is, it predates the Batman Joker by centuries, it's the original Joker.

boinks

I want to but it's too late for me, too. It'll be a nice treat for after work though.

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 27, 2022, 03:04:41 PMAnyone else watching it live tonight?

I'll be tuning in! got my popcorn popped up and i've broken out my projector! should be a good night :)

Chollis

Quote from: boinks on March 27, 2022, 05:42:37 PMI want to but it's too late for me, too. It'll be a nice treat for after work though.

same! will be difficult trying to get to sleep with Oscar fever

boinks

Quote from: Chollis on March 27, 2022, 07:51:08 PMsame! will be difficult trying to get to sleep with Oscar fever

Who's gonna win, who's gonna lose?!

veletision

Always found today to be like Christmas in Tinseltown

Noodle Lizard

It got a bit annoying for me when the Oscar Specials were repeating themselves (Gregg won't be allowed to do a segment, Tim will get drunk and/or start raging etc.), but now it's so clear they're knowingly leaning into that formula it's become funny again. The Shitbottle Effect.

Just re-upped my HEI subscription for this. Pricey, like, but if anything they're charging too little. It's not cheap to self-produce stuff like this, and their dedicated fanbase can't be that big. I'd be surprised if Tim/Gregg make much off it, it's a labour of love for sure.

EDIT: Didn't even know about the Valentine's Day special, fuck me.

Captain Z

Ah, that possibly answers my question then - do I get access to all the content I've missed in the last few weeks if I only get round to re-subbing now?

I had an email today which said this:

QuoteCan't afford a ticket? We want everyone to participate in the On Cinema experience, so email us at contact@heinetwork.tv and we will work with you to help get you access.

So have sent a begging email to see what happens.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Captain Z on March 27, 2022, 10:25:12 PMAh, that possibly answers my question then - do I get access to all the content I've missed in the last few weeks if I only get round to re-subbing now?

Yeah, seems like it!

MrMrs

Is the last one hidden on YouTube? Got a sub but don't like watching on laptops

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: MrMrs on March 27, 2022, 11:37:35 PMIs the last one hidden on YouTube? Got a sub but don't like watching on laptops

Yeah, it's a shame there's no simple way of getting it on a TV. I can Airplay it to my TV (or connect my laptop via HDMI) but that requires you already having the necessary equipment.

Then again, in the past you'd probably have had to write Gregg a postcard begging for one of his VHS dubs.

EDIT: Now I think of it, I think they ended up just streaming to YouTube last year after their servers went down. It was a bit of a kerfuffle, if I recall correctly. So there's always that chance.

QDRPHNC

Yep, it's a pain to get it on TV. I'm using the xbox's awful browser app, entering my super-secure autogenerated password with a controller was no fun, but we're off and running now. Live stream just kicked off. Nice shot of the US and Hei flags flying at what I assume is Hei Ranch. Bit choppy, which is worrying me already.

Big Mclargehuge

Im streaming through my PS4 using the web app. it's going alright so far. a little bit chuggy in places (im assuming people are dropping in and out before the show begins proper. but it would be nice if they could maybe just have put it out as an unlisted youtube link or something...

QDRPHNC

I hope this goes well. What I've been seeing online is that fans are getting more and more annoyed by the streaming issues. I think there was a grace period last year, but patience wore thin with the Valentine Special choppiness.

BritishHobo

Yeah this countdown is very very choppy for me with the buffering, it'll be unwatchable if the whole thing is like this.

QDRPHNC

Less than a minute in and I'm already laughing.

Spoiler alert
Mark in the middle distance, dressed as Spiderman, with the voice of WC Fields.
[close]

BritishHobo

Stream quality is not good, and the live chat is full of people yelling about it.

QDRPHNC

Yeah, this is not good. I wish they'd just admit defeat and stream on YT from now on.

Goldentony

loving how bad this is again this year, might end up paying for access then finding a better quality free stream again like last time

QDRPHNC

Don't understand why they even bother with the chat, I assume it's eating into the bandwidth.

Goldentony

yeah the one time I had a look at the chat it was a wall of shit flying by at an unreadable speed mostly mentioning 240p

BritishHobo

I saw quite a few 'REFUND ME REFUND ME UNWATCHABLE REFUND ME' comments whiz by within the first 30 seconds which really made me laugh.

I think it's worse for the fact that it keeps working for short bursts. Giving me hope, only to conk out again.

BritishHobo

They've now replaced the vimeo player with a YouTube stream on the site. Running much better.

QDRPHNC

Thanks for posting that, reloaded and it's going perfectly now. Slightly lower quality, but no stuttering at all.

Goldentony

aye, a lot better this

"music is something that brings us all together"
"...no"