Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:05:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Little & Large Xmas special 1980. Extraordinary.

Started by Brundle-Fly, December 22, 2012, 02:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 08, 2023, 12:08:54 PMBit of Eddeh out in the wild. A Thames TV news report on a pro-celebrity golf charity match. (early 90s?) Couple of other LE faces and a bit of a surprise at the very end of the piece. For some reason, a celeb I never thought would be a keen golfer.

Love it. Eddie was always "on".

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Glebe on September 08, 2023, 06:35:37 PMI think it was a legal requirement to get into golf when you'd 'made it' in Light Entertainment at that time. You can imagine the call:

"Eddie, Eddie, Brucie here! Congrats on your success, love! You and Syd are invited to join myself, Tarbs and Ronnie Corbett for golf this weekend!"

"Smashing, Brucie! Syd doesn't like golf but I could bring him along as a spare club!"

"Heh, yes, very good. Er, see you on the course."

"Oh, and Bruce, will I get to meet Sean Connery?"

"Maybe next time, if you're any good, luv."

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Here's perhaps an even odder sighting, not made any easier by Peter Purves' laboured quip at the beginning of this clip (2'30" in, if the time stamp doesn't work). It certainly is something of a "trial", eh readers?
Little and Large in panto in 1980s Bradford? One for the real-life deso thread, right there. Surprised to hear there was a time when Billy Pearce hadn't claimed squatters' rights in the Alhambra round Christmas time, though.

Glebe

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 09, 2023, 04:16:25 PM"Oh, and Bruce, will I get to meet Sean Connery?"

"Maybe next time, if you're any good, luv."

"The namesh Bond, Jamesh Bo-"

*Brucie hangs up*

Glebe

"We're up to eighty pages Eddie!"

"Yes, Syd - and its only taken us over ten fucking years!"

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Glebe on September 10, 2023, 03:15:54 AM

"We're up to eighty pages Eddie!"

"Yes, Syd - and its only taken us over ten fucking years!"

Say something transphobic you useless piece of shit! We'll be up to 100 pages by this time tomorra!

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on September 08, 2023, 12:08:54 PMFor some reason, a celeb I never thought would be a keen golfer.

He was in the first episode of Full Swing, a show I have been fascinated by for years. Exactly in the mould of Bullseye and Big Break, take a popular sport, add a middle aged comic, turn it into a game show and become one of the most beloved shows on television...

Not quite as they over engineered the fuck out of it and had lots of in-jokes between Tarby and his mates.

Glebe

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 10, 2023, 04:19:08 AMSay something transphobic you useless piece of shit! We'll be up to 100 pages by this time tomorra!

"Um... healthy breast tissue."

"Fuck's sake Syd, this is a family show!"

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on September 10, 2023, 01:38:28 PMHe was in the first episode of Full Swing, a show I have been fascinated by for years. Exactly in the mould of Bullseye and Big Break, take a popular sport, add a middle aged comic, turn it into a game show and become one of the most beloved shows on television...

Not quite as they over engineered the fuck out of it and had lots of in-jokes between Tarby and his mates.

I've never seen it but there's an episode up on YouTube... maybe it deserves it's own thread? "H-ho!"

Glebe

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Glebe on September 10, 2023, 03:58:51 PM"Um... healthy breast tissue."

"Fuck's sake Syd, this is a family show!"

I've never seen it but there's an episode up on YouTube... maybe it deserves it's own thread? "H-ho!"

Every time that gap toothed cunt is mentioned I have to go google to see if he's still alive. My brain is convinced he's dead

Alberon

dissolute ocelot

Tarbuck was just 24 when he got his first TV show! He's one of those people who always seemed middle-aged so you'd suspect he's about 120, but he's only 83. Also apropos of nothing:
QuoteIn April 1960, at the age of 20, he was convicted of stealing a diamond-encrusted cigarette holder from the dressing room of comedian Terry-Thomas, and was placed on probation for two years.

George White

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 12, 2023, 10:23:45 AMTarbuck was just 24 when he got his first TV show! He's one of those people who always seemed middle-aged so you'd suspect he's about 120, but he's only 83. Also apropos of nothing:

He was in the same class as John Lennon. TBF, both did look far older than their years.
He also once appeared in a film with Charles Bronson, Twinky, a roman a clef of low-rent horror director Norman Thaddeus Vane and his child bride, where a tache-less Bronson (to make him look 38 and not 48) marries 16 year old Susan George. Tarbuck plays 'Norman Vaughan', while the aforementioned fellow Scouse comedian/future creator of Bullseye plays 'Jimmy Tarbuck'.

Jackson K Pollock

My friend got to interview Syd yesterday for the local Morecambe newspaper, as Syd was in the area opening a new hearing test centre!

Nothing earth-shattering, but he had a lovely 15 minute chat with Syd who spoke about all kinds of things on the state of modern comedy/comedians, (nearly) meeting Eric Morecambe, how he met Eddie, and the various cruises and pantos he's done since the L&L show finished.

He's actually delightfully rambling, and pleasingly spritely for 81, so if you have 15 minutes to spare it's well worth a quick listen :)

Senior Baiano

The Bumlord

He looks good with that little beard.

G'wan Syd

Gulftastic

I bet Sid gets drunk in his cabin late at night and shouts at a picture of Eddie as he plays his guitar.

'INTERRUPT ME NOW, YA FAT BASTARD!'

Glebe

Quote from: Jackson K Pollock on April 10, 2024, 09:49:28 AMMy friend got to interview Syd yesterday for the local Morecambe newspaper, as Syd was in the area opening a new hearing test centre!

Nothing earth-shattering, but he had a lovely 15 minute chat with Syd who spoke about all kinds of things on the state of modern comedy/comedians, (nearly) meeting Eric Morecambe, how he met Eddie, and the various cruises and pantos he's done since the L&L show finished.

He's actually delightfully rambling, and pleasingly spritely for 81, so if you have 15 minutes to spare it's well worth a quick listen :)

Yay! Will give that a listen... love that Syd's sticking with the Phil Coulter look!

George White

From that new Henson documentary

Royal Variety 1977, with Lew Grade and Brenda (and Grade's brother/rival Lord Delfont behind Brenda).

When shown on NBC thanks to ATV as America Salutes the Queen, Syd and Eddie plus Brotherhood of Man were cut out.

The Bumlord

Alberon

Syd's head looks totally disembodied there and just glued to the side of Eddie's instead.

Glebe

The Bumlord

Her Maj is giving Eddie the eye there and no mistake.

She knows.

Spudgun

I don't think this has been posted here yet:

It features truly award-winning impressions of Rik and Ade.