Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:06:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

The racism allegations were definitely after he'd started appearing on Mince, as I remember hoping that the story surfacing wouldn't mean no more pod Pete.

Mr Trumpet

Yeah I remember after the early Beardsley bits they would joke about how it sounded like he was on his way back to the top. I think the trouble with the foreign lads came to light not long after the character was introduced.

They don't generally try to be topical on the podcast. Bob even seems reluctant to do his Piers Morgan sketches, which have an edge of contempt that most of his material lacks.

Kankurette

Beardsley and McLaren are football people though. JC isn't.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I assumed Bob was joking when he mentioned in the latest episode that he was writing his memoirs - it's always impossible to tell with Bob - but no, it's true!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/news/6273/bob-mortimer-autobiography/

A bit rum of the article/press release to overlook Mince as one of Bob's ongoing comedy activities, though.

non capisco

I'm delighted that the 'origin of the Alderman' extract from the latest Mince episode actually appears to be real! Can't wait to read this.

Thomas

Is that the first time in a while we've heard from the Scottish island? One of my favourite segments.

Looking forwards to Bob's booky-wook.

The Bumlord

Signed version from Waterstones for 20 of your pounds.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: non capisco on March 24, 2021, 11:56:35 AM
I'm delighted that the 'origin of the Alderman' extract from the latest Mince episode actually appears to be real! Can't wait to read this.

Likewise! Christ, he did actually once meet someone like the alderman? What a life he's led.

Jittlebags

"a short-lived punk band called Dog Dirt"

Heh.

sutin

Awww, can't wait to read his book.

beanheadmcginty

The audiobook of this is going to be incredible.

non capisco

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on March 24, 2021, 12:10:47 PM
Likewise! Christ, he did actually once meet someone like the alderman? What a life he's led.

"Do you drink, Robert?"
"Well, I like a drink at the weekend, like."
"I drink EVERY DAY, Robert. I find it a joy."

Cracked up at the delivery of that. Yes, the audiobook is gonna be an absolute must.

bgmnts

Could it actually rival the Partridge audiobooks? Fuckin hell I'm excited.

SteveDave

Quote from: bgmnts on March 25, 2021, 09:28:10 AM
Could it actually rival the Partridge audiobooks? Fuckin hell I'm excited.

As long as "they" include his little "tee-hee"s.

Magnum Valentino

Audible are back doing cheap trials again (for me and my brother, at least), so you can get this on a trial for 99p and it'll be there waiting for you in September whether you're still on Audible or not.

boki

White Hart gang compilation's dropped.

Jittlebags

feel the fewocious heat

Mr Trumpet

Any Jamie Vardy bits? Those are the best, and sadly quite scarce

DrGreggles

The Culture Bunker

I think Vardy first appeared during the World Cup, where he led an opposing faction in the England camp that got Harry Kane in a right fluffery-buffery, but I could have missed something.

Always enjoyed in those Harry Maguire being portrayed as an absolute country bumpkin despite the fact he's from Sheffield. I think the first World Cup Gangs of the EPL might be one of my favourite bits of comedy ever.

phantom_power

I love how Mortimer's impressions sound like the people look like they should sound like rather than how they actually do, and their personalities are a bit of that mixed with a bit of complete fantasy

Jittlebags

I think my favourite from Gangs is the Jonjo black pudding one.

Kankurette

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 01, 2021, 12:26:27 PM
I think Vardy first appeared during the World Cup, where he led an opposing faction in the England camp that got Harry Kane in a right fluffery-buffery, but I could have missed something.

Always enjoyed in those Harry Maguire being portrayed as an absolute country bumpkin despite the fact he's from Sheffield. I think the first World Cup Gangs of the EPL might be one of my favourite bits of comedy ever.
Maguire does look like a farm animal, tbf.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Kankurette on April 01, 2021, 02:24:09 PM
Maguire does look like a farm animal, tbf.
Do you work on a farm next to Sellafield?

Speaking as a United fan, I'm more surprised that someone with a noggin that size is so useless at heading the ball. Lucky for England that one yesterday landed at his feet.

Managed to find the relevant 'World Cup Gangs of the EPL' episode and chuckled heartily again at Raheed Sterling (Bob using a variation of his Donald Stott voice) droning on about his boats and Jordan Henderson's enthusiasm for shortbread biscuits.

SteveDave

Quote from: Jittlebags on April 01, 2021, 01:34:26 PM

Is that the one where Bob's eating meat on the toilet? "You look like a right dopey cunt!" said in a Transylvanian accent had me choking in the street.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Jittlebags on April 01, 2021, 01:34:26 PM

Same, it's somewhere in the episode 49-51 range. It's the hugely unexpected use of the word 'cunt' that, like Steve Dave, killed me laughing in the street.

My biggest ever Mince laugh remains the stilted delivery of Eric Dyer (sp) saying "sorry boss. I didn't think anything" in the scene by the pool.

BeardFaceMan

Biggest laugh for me is still Bob's Dara O'Briain impression, i think it was a sketch where Peter Beardsley went out to dinner and bumped into him, back when Bobs Peter impression was a bit more mumbly. But the Dara bit came out of the blue and fucking floored me.

Mr_Simnock

HEADS UP. Since the last time this thread was updated we have had 2 new collections covering the 'White Hearts' gangs shenanigans and also more from Steve McClaren, also podcast 113 has been made available for free. Haven't listened to any of it yet but will get through all it this week hopefully.

mr. logic

You bastard. You large bastard.

sevendaughters

can someone tell me where to find the 'I found it all in Sunderland' song, it has been taken off youtube and I think it was maybe my favourite 3 minutes of Bob