Main Menu

Support CaB

Subscribers don't see this.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,959,441
  • Total Topics: 94,110
  • Online Today: 584
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 04, 2022, 06:57:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

Loving this. The Scottish dirge in the latest one about Michael Mowbray and the barndance is the best song yet.

They should drop the Memory Man sections though.

Blinder Data

RIP
Spoiler alert
Casper the snake
[close]
:(

Perhaps that means we'll be seeing new regular sections? It could do with freshening up, as it's getting more and more repetitive.

Indomitable Spirit

Due to Dawson's absolutely heinous online presence I've given this a wide berth so far. How intrusive is his presence? If he's basically Scharpling to Bob's Wurster I'll probably give it a go.

Shit Good Nose

I literally only knew Dawson from this (to be honest, when I first started listening to AM, I thought he was just a random mate of Bob's), so have no hate grounding.

However, Dawson is effectively the presenter, so is the lead in that respect, but he allows Bob plenty of time.  I would say it's a fair and even 50/50.

Indomitable Spirit

Thank you. I'll give it a bash then.

The image of a snake, spiked with antidepressants, dancing around Steve McClaren's house, is as hilarious as the end-of-episode song is moving.

Anyone else going to the live show next month?

DrGreggles

The mere suggestion of
Spoiler alert
Steve McLaren driving a nearly dead snake to the vet in a clown car
[close]
is fucking brilliant and made me laugh a fucking lot.

Enzo

Catching up on these... Bob's
Spoiler alert
song about Casper and the subsequent rush to the vet in the clown car
[close]
almost had me in tears of laughter. I really could spend all day every day listening to Bob talk about anything.

Crabwalk

Andy needs to stop trying to match Bob's stories. His attempts with the likes of the Corbyn bits look awfully weak by comparison. He's fine when they're both sparring but he needs to be more a facilitator figure for Bob'a genius than positioned as any kind of equal in a double act.

small minded cretin

He's getting better. I liked the secret footballer Siegfried V Herriot story Bob, as usual, stole the show with Steve mclaren and Casper. Big Sam fucked up again. I was guffawing out loud walking while out the dog. I wish I had a bob.

Mango Chimes

I've really gone off this, sad to say.

Enzo

That Lawro impression is great though.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Mango Chimes on September 28, 2016, 09:33:50 PM
I've really gone off this, sad to say.

Yeah. It's just way too samey. They need to change up the formats and what they talk about.

Only in it for Bob's stories about Steve, the Alderman and the occasional song now.

IT'S MY HAIR IIIIIISSSSSSLLLLLAAANNND

Cuellar

I'm still on board with this, and look forward to new episodes, but yes mainly for Bob's stories/whimsy.

I don't think I'll ever get enough of him, as the fat lass, calling people 'rodney plonkers'. Also, when Steve had seen the tape of Big Sam and the fat lass going at it, Steve's 'Fuck you' made me snort in the office.

iamcoop

It's still a must listen for me, but I agree they need some new ideas. I guess they dropped the football content to give it a broader appeal but I really enjoyed them talking about Derek Costa and Emerson with his "Hair projection."

The output is getting increasingly sporadic so I'm guessing they're winding down to a long break once Bob goes off on tour.

The book has the potential to be amazing though, if they work with some really good artists..



Jittlebags

Titter. The Spurs and Arsenal secret clubs are brilliant.



Depressed Beyond Tables


Blinder Data

I got back into this after a hiatus. I can't listen to it too often as I find Andy Dawson a bit try hard and annoying.

Gangs of the EPL is my new favourite section.

I see they're doing live shows now.

Has anyone put together a compilation of Bob's various stories? Utterly hilarious stuff for the most part.

dr beat

I've just been getting into this over the last day or so.  Its ok without being consistently laugh-out loud funny, but ok for a bit of background.  I also find Andy Dawson a bit try hard, but from ep 8 on it seems to improve, with Dawson giving Mortimer a bit room.

iamcoop

Quote from: Blinder Data on March 07, 2017, 05:17:00 PM
I got back into this after a hiatus. I can't listen to it too often as I find Andy Dawson a bit try hard and annoying.

Gangs of the EPL is my new favourite section.

I see they're doing live shows now.

Has anyone put together a compilation of Bob's various stories? Utterly hilarious stuff for the most part.

There's no compilation of stories but they did a Christmas podcast that's a compilation of all bob's "songs" including his insane Scottish stories. I listen to it when I'm trying to fall asleep. Although some of them are dangerously catchy. Found myself singing "Bright colours, bright FUCKING LIGHTS, sexy ladies in expensive tights" to myself at work for days.

Blinder Data

Quote from: iamcoop on March 08, 2017, 12:39:54 AM
There's no compilation of stories but they did a Christmas podcast that's a compilation of all bob's "songs" including his insane Scottish stories. I listen to it when I'm trying to fall asleep. Although some of them are dangerously catchy. Found myself singing "Bright colours, bright FUCKING LIGHTS, sexy ladies in expensive tights" to myself at work for days.

One of these days I'm going to edit the Steve McLaren and Casper, Robson Green/Mark Lawrenson tales and 'Gangs of the EPL' into compilations. Then I'll put them on YouTube.

It will be the noblest and most generous thing I will ever do.

Quote from: dr beat on March 07, 2017, 05:59:45 PM
I've just been getting into this over the last day or so.  Its ok without being consistently laugh-out loud funny, but ok for a bit of background.  I also find Andy Dawson a bit try hard, but from ep 8 on it seems to improve, with Dawson giving Mortimer a bit room.

Yeah, I don't think I started from the beginning. It took a while to warm up.

In truth, only Mortimer's songs and stories are the bits worth listening to.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on August 16, 2016, 01:40:06 PM
Due to Dawson's absolutely heinous online presence I've given this a wide berth so far. How intrusive is his presence? If he's basically Scharpling to Bob's Wurster I'll probably give it a go.

Dawson's heinous online presence? What do you mean? I only know him from this podcast and Twitter, and he's always come across as a genial, funny chap.

I love listening to this pair talking shite, it's such a tonic.

DrGreggles

Gangs of the EPL makes me laugh so hard that it actually hurts.

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 09, 2017, 03:04:22 PM
Gangs of the EPL makes me laugh so hard that it actually hurts.

Phil Jones' genial Charlie Williams accent and Bob's struggle to keep up all of the voices that cracks me up.

Blinder Data

This is back to being very funny again.

Bob's geordie accent ("chick-en dipp-ahs and bloo drink") is great, just great.

They shouldn't do them too often. Best to save it all up for when it's good enough.

Mango Chimes

Is that unfunny bloke still on it?