Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:30:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wildlife spotting

Started by Twit 2, August 06, 2018, 12:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Good start to the week.

Woodpecker gonna peck wood.

Fishfinger

Lovely fungi and woodpecker pics. Seeing twice as many goldfinches as usual right now, guess they might be looking to migrate soon. Last year I think I saw the last one in early December.

bgmnts

There is a dove outside my flat on the tree opposite, regularly engaging in a delicate tightrope act on the flimsiest of twigs to get at something.

I spread some seeds and the like out in the planters on my balcony so hopefully they can get some food there.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Have the parakeets made it as far as Leeds? I saw some in a Manchester park t'other week, which surprised me as I'd only previously seen them in that London. But I was out near Calverley Woods this morning with the dog, and saw five green birds flying in formation, and heard a very familiar call. They were too far away for me to be absolutely sure, but what else could they have been, with that size and colour? The green was very distinct, even against the treeline.

king_tubby

Yes, they have. A friend had one in his back garden a few weeks back and apparently there's a colony in Roundhay Park.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: king_tubby on October 29, 2022, 02:48:28 PMYes, they have. A friend had one in his back garden a few weeks back and apparently there's a colony in Roundhay Park.

Interesting! Thanks for confirming.