Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:22:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vic & Bob - The Glove (New Film)

Started by Malcy, September 27, 2018, 09:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 08, 2018, 03:09:10 PM
On the other hand Tony Way...

He's surely appeared in more comedy programmes than anyone else the past 20 years or so. Always gets a cheer from me like some sort of bingo game. 'Tony Way'!!!

Shit Good Nose

I'm pretty sure he knows he's a CaB favourite.

Phil_A

Urgh. Whatever this ends up being, I really don't want it tainted by association with Depp. Let's hope the "negotiations" are purely speculative.

Alberon

Whatever happened to that Vic and Bob's Big Night Out series? Wasn't there supposed to be a series of that this year after the Christmas special?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Alberon on November 09, 2018, 10:07:42 AM
Whatever happened to that Vic and Bob's Big Night Out series? Wasn't there supposed to be a series of that this year after the Christmas special?

I think they're still filming it.

EDIT - no, they must've finished long by now cos I remember a couple of CaBbers went to the filming.  It'll come.

magval

BBC have been sitting on it - and the Partridge - for months. Must be a scheduling thing.

Shit Good Nose

Tony Pitts.  Almost certainly will be playing a hard nut.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on November 09, 2018, 10:42:29 AM
Starts on BBC Four on Wednesday 28 November.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2018/48/vic-and-bobs-big-night-out

Oh cool, thanks for that. Shame it's on BBC4 as it probably won't get that many viewers but hopefully they'll repeat it on BBC2 at some point.

Small Man Big Horse

I know there was speculation elsewhere as to whether this would still happen given Jackson's #Cancelled status, but apparently it is according to Chortle:

QuoteIn the meantime, Catterick fans might satisfied with the film the pair are working on The Glove, with Reeves explaining that it has a similar tone.

'And I think the people who liked Catterick will be pleased,' he told the audience at the British Film Institute on London's South Bank, before joking: 'Because it's exactly the same.'

The Glove was wrtitten ten years ago, but is only now being made.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2019/11/21/44829/vic_and_bob_consider_a_return_to_catterick

Malcy

Great stuff, I'd forgotten all about this.

rasta-spouse

Them spiritually linking this film to Catterick has caused me a small amount of pain.

TheMonk

I love Vic And Bob but I've been actively avoiding any reminder of Michel Jackson after witnessing that truly terrifying documentary on what a frightening and calculating monster he was. I wish this was about Lionel Richie's glove.

mojo filters

Quote from: TheMonk on November 22, 2019, 04:02:47 AM
I love Vic And Bob but I've been actively avoiding any reminder of Michel Jackson after witnessing that truly terrifying documentary on what a frightening and calculating monster he was. I wish this was about Lionel Richie's glove.

I grew out of solo Michael Jackson when I was aged in single digits. I'll concede "Bad" was an enjoyable listen at the time, but I lost interest after seeing his Disney Epcot film (though I guess it was an innovative experience way back then, at least from a technical perspective.)

I would be interested to see controversial Jackson commentator Dave Chappelle, fold a review of this curious endeavour into a bit with complementary callbacks to his previous material.

After the criticism of House of Fools, I've been keen to see Vic and Bob develop further new material. However like their recent retread of long past glory, this film and the potentially unpalatable subject matter is not the direction I wanted to see.

To be fair, who the fuck am I to criticise? It might be a smart and clever endeavour, but that documentary was genuinely awful and disturbing. I'd already lost interest in his fate/legacy after the Louis Theroux doc with that spoon-bending, charlatan, Israeli cunt.

I've nothing against the good people of Israel. However given the overwhelming majority of votes recently cast for both Benny Gantz and that fucking Netanyahu terrorist (both horrible supporters of illegal settlements in West Bank) I suspect the genuinely good non-Palestinian people of Israel are now few, if not all but gone.

Now we have to deal with Trump and Pompeo re-designating the stalwart and much maligned Palestinian citizens as de facto bad actors. Those gallant folks deserve a historic heroic status. Sadly my efforts in submitting pro--Palestinian op-eds seem to be mostly routinely rejected...I wish I could attribute that merely to poor writing!

I know little about Lionel Ritchie. What's the story of his glove? All.I remember is that pretty blind lass in the video from the 1980s, who was more memorable than the song. 

beanheadmcginty

I know Vic and Bob are no strangers to the occasional non sequitur, but the above response veers so bafflingly off piste it's got to be some sort of A.I.
HELLO A.I. TESTERS. THIS ONE NEEDS MORE WORK.

mojo filters

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on November 22, 2019, 06:55:56 AM
I know Vic and Bob are no strangers to the occasional non sequitur, but the above response veers so bafflingly off piste it's got to be some sort of A.I.
HELLO A.I. TESTERS. THIS ONE NEEDS MORE WORK.

Context and narrative divergence are not to everyone's taste.

There's no obligation to read and react to my meandering ramblings.

TheMonk

Quote from: mojo filters on November 22, 2019, 05:10:50 AM
I know little about Lionel Ritchie. What's the story of his glove? All.I remember is that pretty blind lass in the video from the 1980s, who was more memorable than the song.
Now I need to admit I don't know if Lionel Richie owns a glove.

Artie Fufkin

Alberon

Slight, slight update on The Glove.

From an interview on the Graundiad with Vic

QuoteThey are supposed to be making a film together in October, something they wrote about 10 years ago about Michael Jackson's white glove, "which is the holy grail for collectors. It's like in search of the holy grail, but we know where it is and we have to get it. It's all about celebrity memorabilia as a religion."

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/may/05/lager-and-fags-were-our-main-vices-vic-reeves-on-booze-guns-and-his-rocknroll-years

dissolute ocelot

You could do a show about people looking for Hitler's hat or testicle or whatever, it's all a matter of tone, of how you approach your celeb and their fans. Although I understand people not wanting to think about Jacko at all, which might be more of a problem.

Malcy

Mister Six

Really annoyed by Vic not pointing in the direction he's looking (or vice versa).

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Bob's I Love NY mug is quite funny, though.

Just realised it's just over thirty years since Big Night Out first aired.

Malcy

The filming of this has been pushed back until at least 2023 with Jim Moir killing of Vic Reeves with it.

Would have made a new thread but every title I came up with may have caused people to think he had died.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/6892/vic-reeves-to-be-killed-off/