Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:49:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

:(

we're going to be saving our cats' ashes for their forever home when they go; hopefully we get there, I'd hate to leave them somewhere where we can't be.

Zero Gravitas

Excuse me I've got to go hug my cat.

Brian Freeze

Sympathies Attila, she will be missed.

Kankurette

My brother phoned me up earlier about the Tool gig tonight, as he's staying at mine, and I could hear Leon (the James The Cat lookalike) meowing away in the background. Damn that cat is LOUD. As is the one upstairs. I think she and Gary are aware of each other's presence.

Flouncer

Sorry to hear about Susan, Attila. I remember you telling us her origin story a while back - she was a very sweet cat.

The Mollusk

Raymond being an absolute fucking melon. His face in the last pic says it all really.

Pink Gregory

oh christ I love Raymond and he will be in my dream now

li'l ginger biscuit

The Mollusk

Yes, even when he's tear-arsing it up and down the hall or attacking his sister or swatting everything off the coffee table or climbing into unreachable awkward spots around delicate items or drinking from my water glass, I still adore him.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Everybody loves Raymond.

After several covid related missed opportunities, I was back looking after the best cat this weekend.

Here she is looking arty.

Here she is looking arsy.

Bence Fekete

My cat bullies me whenever I'm coming down on acid. It's like I lose all primal authority and suddenly we're equals and he can do whatever the fuck he likes.

Which is basically being a cunt and picking on me. Horrible feeling :(

imitationleather

I always avoid taking LSD around my cats because I have it stuck in my head that they're going to morph into tanks with their legs becoming tracks and their faces turning into a big turret and when they miaow a blast comes out of it saying "MIAOW" in big letters that floats off and explodes when it hits my books.

Just couldn't be dealing with that.

Alberon

The oldest of our three cats, Winnie, having a snooze in the sun before accidentally rolling off a (thankfully low) wall.

She's about thirteen now and we got her less than two years ago. Her former owner had to find a new place to rent where her daughter could still go to the same school and the one place she found wouldn't allow cats. So we agreed to take her on. We still send the original owner updates.

She's always had that bald spot from overgrooming, but it seems to be a bit better these days. She's a bit cantankerous and relations with our other two has reached a cold war level where they mostly tolerate each other but there's the occasional hiss.

She's a very strong willed cat and if she decides she's going to sit on your neck so you can't see the telly you're just going to have to put up with it. Her legs seem a little shorter than average and she has two speeds, plodding along or scuttling.

Favourite spots to sleep seem to be propped up against us in bed, on top of a folded up throw or, when it is warmest, under the boiler in the loft.

Dex Sawash

Malcy

Salem has a tick. First time I've had to deal with one with him. Got a kit delivered today. I know you are supposed to twist to make sure the head comes out but the instructions clearly state to NOT twist.

Not that it matter as he won't let me anywhere near him anyway...

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Malcy on May 03, 2022, 07:00:10 PMSalem has a tick. First time I've had to deal with one with him. Got a kit delivered today. I know you are supposed to twist to make sure the head comes out but the instructions clearly state to NOT twist.

Not that it matter as he won't let me anywhere near him anyway...

I think the idea is more to lift it out slowly so that it retracts the mouth parts and they're not left behind causing drawn blood to go back into the host, creating a risk of infection.  I imagine twisting increases the risk of that happening?

steve98

Quote from: The Mollusk on May 02, 2022, 01:30:28 PM

Raymond being an absolute fucking melon. His face in the last pic says it all really.

I read somewhere an owner calling his cat's balls "Trouble-puffs"; which fairly tickled me: "He's gettin' his trouble-puffs off tomorrow."

Attila

Ta, all, for the lovely notes and condolences. I still miss Susan terribly, as she was pretty high maintenance, and there are a lot of hard habits to break. Tiny Toast in particular keeps looking for her.

Meanwhile, now Mr Biggie has a vet's appointment tomorrow as he's eating like a horse, but has recently gone from being a solid chunk to a bit boney. I'm hoping it's just his thyroid out of whack, as happens with older cats (he's older than Susan).

The Mollusk

Quote from: steve98 on May 04, 2022, 07:17:47 AMI read somewhere an owner calling his cat's balls "Trouble-puffs"; which fairly tickled me: "He's gettin' his trouble-puffs off tomorrow."

Heheh that's great. For the record however Raymond definitely had his trouble puffs done, the remaining article is just a couple of lifeless pods. I prodded them and giggled at his misfortune a couple of times but my partner thought it was weird so I stopped.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Attila on May 04, 2022, 08:13:35 AMTa, all, for the lovely notes and condolences. I still miss Susan terribly, as she was pretty high maintenance, and there are a lot of hard habits to break. Tiny Toast in particular keeps looking for her.

Meanwhile, now Mr Biggie has a vet's appointment tomorrow as he's eating like a horse, but has recently gone from being a solid chunk to a bit boney. I'm hoping it's just his thyroid out of whack, as happens with older cats (he's older than Susan).

Ahh,I'm sorry to hear this about Susan but you gave them the best loving life a cat can have. Hopefully it's nothing more than a thyroid condition that can be treated for your other lovely puss.

Malcy

I got the tick off Salem. His neck skin was stretched to it's limit then heard this disgusting snap. The tick is still stuck in the remover. It was alive for quite some time, i assume with the head still attached. Hard to tell.

He now has a scab which i can only assume is a good thing. He's coming up and sleeping in my lap a lot recently which isn't like him. I can wake up and find he has got under the covers but unusual for him to sleep on my lap. Always 2/3 mins before i realise i need a piss too.

Hope he's ok.

Pink Gregory

We're saying goodbye to Lily today; she didn't have long anyway but she's really changed today, looks like she's struggling to do anything and she's barely more than a befurred skeleton.

She came up to see us this morning and she got to sleep in the sun all afternoon.  It's fucking horrible but it's her time and I'm not even sad any more.

bgmnts

Really not into everyone's cats dying it's shit.

Alberon

When it's time it's time. Same for humans as well as cats. Quality of life is so much more important than length. It doesn't make it hurt any less, but it will in time make it less painful to look back on.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Alberon on May 12, 2022, 05:45:15 PMWhen it's time it's time. Same for humans as well as cats. Quality of life is so much more important than length. It doesn't make it hurt any less, but it will in time make it less painful to look back on.

it's quick and they know when it's their time.

I want to go out like Lily, relaxed and doing unspeakable pumps.

bgmnts

My boy Paddy didn't know it was his time, let me tell you that.

But yeah, as long as you give them a decent life, nowt else matters.

Alberon

This is Betsy, a proper scatterbrain cat. Here she is watching pigeons from the bathroom window. She'd truly love to catch one, but I don't think she'd know what to do with one if she ever did.

When I was a kid one of our cats did manage to catch one and get it somehow through the catflap, but then promptly lost it. We got home to find it sitting on top of an open door not much the worse for wear for its adventure.

Kankurette

Icehaven

That's one gorgeous velvet face.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I'm very sorry to hear of everyone's losses.

My (friend's) cat has decided to become a classic Hollywood movie star.

steve98

Great pic, great cat. I'm seein' Marlene Dietrich: aloof... disdainful even.