Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:54:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: steve98 on May 12, 2022, 11:06:39 PMGreat pic, great cat. I'm seein' Marlene Dietrich: aloof... disdainful even.
Meowlene Dietrich.

As you can see in my previous photo, she's not nearly so poised all the time. She's also anything but disdainful. She's a lovely, warm cuddlebun, who just happens to be stuck with a rather severe expression on her face - like me.

Fun fact, that I just learned: A female cat is called a queen, or a molly (when spayed).

New page cat!

Zero Gravitas

Basking in that warm led glow.

Barry Admin

Such an expressive and majestic face.

Zero Gravitas

I'm biased, but I think fur ruins a cat now, she has all you need in a distilled filthy package.

Malcy

I got Salem some of this the other week as a risk as he's so fussy and he bloody loves it!

£9 a box so only got him one just in case. The minute I put it in a bowl I knew he wouldn't eat it. Wrong!

Think only Pets At Home do it. Can't get his usual stuff near me so headed on a mission and stumbled upon the place so went in and spent a bastard fortune. I was more excited than he was with the haul!

Pink Gregory

Gave away Lily's leftover box of Blink cat food to the Pets at Home food bank today.  I've been dealing quite well with her being gone, I think I made my peace with it when she was near the end; but dropping her food in the box was hard.

More so than picking up her ashes, it was like more of an affirmation that she won't be back.

Pink Gregory

Oscar is sat on my shoulder with his furry bum in my face (I'm lying down).

He's *really* heavy.

Malcy

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 17, 2022, 01:16:26 PMSunny weather means barbecue and, apparently, barbecue means our little visitor returns.

We may be encouraging him a bit too much. After dinner, he followed us inside and picked out a spot on the sofa.

Just sent this picture to my mum and then explained it isn't Salem and it really confused her. Identical down to the little patch of white on the chest.

olliebean

Quote from: Malcy on May 14, 2022, 10:05:49 PMJust sent this picture to my mum and then explained it isn't Salem and it really confused her. Identical down to the little patch of white on the chest.

That must be quite common on black cats. There's one who visits here who has the same little patch of white.

Alberon

Our Betsy is the same. Quite proud of her today. She faced down a tabby cat and won. Didn't think she had it in her.

It turns out he's actually quite ginger in the right light.

We definitely encouraged him too much. He's round ours almost every evening. I'd feel more guilty about it, but it's so nice having a cat in the house again.

Pink Gregory

Fishfinger

steve98

Warrior, all set to batter some ginger fly-boy (That's a weed seedling he has his greedy eye on, and she's not havin' that!)

The other pic's a scale-model I'm making of her, before she dies (She's old and blind). It's made entirely out of her discarded fur. It hasn't got any legs yet (I've run out of fur atm. I'm hoping she'll shed enough to finish it before she dies), or ears.

Once it has ears (and a collar) it should look pretty good.

Interestingly (Re the "Jaffa" chat up-thread), she's a tortoise-shell, Jaffa-ish colour, but her likeness (As you can see) is entirely grey. Go figure.

steve98

Another chancer after her weed.

steve98

Here's her guardin' it, in the tent.

The main thing is to keep her well-fed and sedated, so she isn't tempted to eat it (the seedling)

Poobum

Head Gardener

My birthday present from Mrs HG was a wee kitten last week, it will be named Sylvester in a special ceremony of fish and catnip served on his footstool this afternoon

Pink Gregory

Malcy

He's lovely Head Gardener!

The devil cat saga will hopefully be over soon. It's gone to trial due to the lies of the owners 'witnesses' who turned up after the event.

It's been back in force recently and tried to attack me as I was putting stuff in the bin this morning.

Salem was sat on my lap a few nights ago and I commended him for not bringing in 2 or 3 mice a day recently. Next morning 3 very small baby mice! I think he misunderstood.

Brought a shrew or something in this morning. 5 mins later devil cat attacked him. Wasn't even 6am by this point.

Cuteness approaching critical levels.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Malcy on June 18, 2022, 03:44:18 PMSalem was sat on my lap a few nights ago and I commended him for not bringing in 2 or 3 mice a day recently. Next morning 3 very small baby mice! I think he misunderstood.

Brought a shrew or something in this morning.

So far this week, our kittens have brought in 2 mice, 3 fledglings, 1 blackbird (adult) and a shrew, all dead. I know it's what they do but it makes me really sad. I regret getting them tbh. Never known cats to be such killers. Had last cat for about 15 years and in all that time he brought 1 mouse in.

Alberon

Only one of our three gets birds on a semi-regular basis. Another of ours is too old to hunt and the other too scatterbrained. She caught a bird the other week (the first this year) and promptly dropped it on the carpet seemingly at a loss what to do next. I rescued it and after sitting shocked on the garden table for half an hour finally flew off (the bird that is, not me).

All three have been in the back garden this evening chasing and eating moths and other bugs.

Barry Admin

Pink Gregory

Puss and hog
puss and hog
they are friends
puss and hog

Barry Admin

Hahaha it's class isn't it?

I haven't smoked for a week and he was dying to go out, so I went with him anyway just to make sure he wasn't out long as I was exhausted.

Then I saw the hedgehog sat beside him. Eventually he did want to start pawing at it, so I said "no, come on, I'm going in" and he left it and followed me immediately. Such a good boy!

itsfredtitmus

This is Theo the Tabby. Look. Look at it. He just turned 4 and he's definitely the least gainful, but most social cat EVER. All heart and no brain. Its main goal in life is to be picked up, held securely like a newborn baby and its collar and neck to be scrunched up like a paper cup - it's the only cat I've known, personally, as a friend, that's purring 24/7, even without a few pats to get it going.
It's one of those cats that make you drop whatever you're doing, lift it up and proceed to stick your face in its tummy and make funny noises. It's a super good for whenever a guest is in the house and you're dying for the conversation to stop or change because most likely they won't be able to resist it either

Adoption advertisement description done can't wait to get rid of this hunk of crap!!