Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:53:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

flotemysost

Really sorry to hear that - hope you're doing OK as it can't have been nice to see that, but as you say at least he was with you. 16 is a corking age, it sounds like he was loved very much.

Zero Gravitas

Coming for a final snuggle got my eyes wet, sympathies Gregory.

The Mollusk

Pink Gregory

Thank you everyone.  Oscar appreciates it.

Icehaven

So sorry for your loss, and he was gorgeous too, a beautiful boy.

Pink Gregory

You flatter him, his ears smelt of B.O this morning

Kankurette

Gary has just tried to jump on my keyboard, only to fall off, land on my guitar and make it go 'twang', and jump up onto the piano in fright.

State of it.

Blue Jam

So sorry to hear this @Pink Gregory but I'm sure he knew how loved he was. He was a handsome wee fella xxx

Blue Jam

Bit confused by one of my part-time cats. "Rog" (tuxedo) will usually only tolerate a bit of stroking before raising his paw in a threat to scratch me, but today when I left the flat he came bounding up the stairwell to see me and when I sat down with him he gave me about a million little headbutts and nuzzles. He'll sometimes give me gentle little "lovebites" on my hands too, but mostly he's very standoffish unless I have Dreamies, and even then he'll just accept a Dreamie then fuck off.

What's this "petting aggression" all about? That's one thing about cats that I just can't get my head around.

When I took the recycling out earlier "Sean" (grey and white tabby, looks like Jack Lisowski) got all excited and then disappointed when he realised the rustling noise wasn't a giant bag of Dreamies.

Handsome though innee?

(I know their real names, just don't want to doxx them, bro)

steve98

Fine set of whiskers on the lad.

Pink Gregory

Blue Jam

I love the little stripes going part way round his left "arm".

Seven months old he is there! More like eight months now but he's still smol.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 20, 2022, 01:22:13 PMSo sorry to hear this @Pink Gregory but I'm sure he knew how loved he was. He was a handsome wee fella xxx

Thank you.

I'm doing alright, we picked up his ashes yesterday from the same place that Lily went to.  Both of them in the pantry now.

The house is remarkably empty.  I'm still acting like I need to check doors for him on the other side, or keep glancing down at where the litter trays were, and looking for him on the windowsill or the chair.  I hate it.

Blue Jam

For what it's worth I haven't owned a dog in 17 years and coming home to a dogless home still feels wrong. It's not quite the same having the neighbours' kittehs here to greet me but it's nice, I had really missed that.

Hugs to you PG xxx

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 20, 2022, 04:50:50 PMFor what it's worth I haven't owned a dog in 17 years and coming home to a dogless home still feels wrong. It's not quite the same having the neighbours' kittehs here to greet me but it's nice, I had really missed that.

Hugs to you PG xxx
Every cat I've met since has been extremely nice to me, so that helps.

Ferris

After a few thousand quid on anti-mouse infrastructure (don't ask), I've finally talked the crew into a cat.

I grew up with several dogs and miss being in a dog household but a cat will fill the void for now. Obviously we're still a little ways away, but look at Jasper! I would absolutely adopt this little fucker no questions asked.

Pink Gregory

Kankurette

Blue Jam

Oh he's gawjus @Ferris!

Today I said hello to one of the neighbours' dopey Siberian cats before getting home, then tried to say hello to Rog and Sean. Sean was very intrigued by the scent of this mysterious stranger, but Rog was well jel and got all "WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS?" before batting at my hand. Claws in thankfully, but that was me told.

bgmnts

Quote from: Ferris on November 21, 2022, 02:37:42 AMAfter a few thousand quid on anti-mouse infrastructure (don't ask)

Won't presume so have you tried peppermint?

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on November 21, 2022, 11:27:38 PMWon't presume so have you tried peppermint?

Every essential bastarding oil under the sun. Relining the basement, sealed and patched the floors and under flooring, trenched the property boundary and applied steel netting to the entire foundation... etc.

Mice are fine and I don't massively mind them as long as they're not being cunts, but this has been going on too long and a cat scares the bejesus out of them (and I get to play with a cat) so this is the end game, really.

madhair60

very sorry for your loss PG, belated response

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 21, 2022, 11:24:04 PMOh he's gawjus @Ferris!

His little face as a (potential) new family member is really helping move the needle. By the time we're getting a cat to mercilessly patrol our perimeter for rodents be our beloved family pet, I'm sure Jasper will have his own forever home because we will take a few weeks to sort it but he's done wonderful work even if he won't be ours.

Blue Jam

I've tried peppermint oil. Made my kitchen smell nice but I think the mice liked the smell too. As @Ferris may be aware, Edinburgh mice are something else.

Not seen a single murid since Rog and Sean burst onto the scene.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Ferris on November 21, 2022, 11:41:17 PMHis little face as a (potential) new family member is really helping move the needle. By the time we're getting a cat to mercilessly patrol our perimeter for rodents be our beloved family pet, I'm sure Jasper will have his own forever home because we will take a few weeks to sort it but he's done wonderful work even if he won't be ours.

You fostering him then? Good luck adopting the 'andsome lad!

bgmnts

Quote from: Ferris on November 21, 2022, 11:36:26 PMEvery essential bastarding oil under the sun. Relining the basement, sealed and patched the floors and under flooring, trenched the property boundary and applied steel netting to the entire foundation... etc.

Mice are fine and I don't massively mind them as long as they're not being cunts, but this has been going on too long and a cat scares the bejesus out of them (and I get to play with a cat) so this is the end game, really.

The tenacity, survivability and adaptability of the rodent against human defense is fascinating, but yeah chuck a cat in the mix and they're fucked.

Hope Jasper gives you years of deterrence and top cwtches.

Ferris

Yeah just a fostering for now, Mrs Ferris has to sort an allergy shot or whatever that is. This is a test (we had Jolene the dog for a few weeks back in October) and we'll get our forever cat next year I reckon.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: madhair60 on November 21, 2022, 11:38:04 PMvery sorry for your loss PG, belated response

thanx mads, it's getting easier but it'll never be right, just different.

Head Gardener