Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:01:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chart Music Podcast 2 (Man Sound) - ITS PIPOU TIME!

Started by dr beat, August 11, 2020, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

Chart Music live on the day of one of my best mates' wedding. Arghhhhh!

*Weighs up options*

Cottonon

Holy shit, this is happening. Booked and properly excited.

DrGreggles

London Pop Crazed Youngster CaB Meet anyone?

DrGreggles

SteveDave

Are these details being released to your average shit-muncher or just to the Patreons?

badaids

Are there any details on if it will be recorded.  Gutted that I won't be able to make it.

boki

boki

Quote from: SteveDave on June 29, 2022, 12:19:35 PMAre these details being released to your average shit-muncher or just to the Patreons?
Shit-munchers (poop-crazed youngsters?) will GET IT tomorrow.

Quote from: KennyMonster on June 29, 2022, 12:00:02 PMVery big and clever, Gloriously punching down 30 odd years down the line.

Pointless guffs. 

Thpught the coating was a tad harsh myself but not sure slagging off the Inspiral Carpets is a great example of punching down. They have, after all, been on TOTP more than Taylor has.

Camp Tramp

Ticket booked, a good reason to return to London

axel2019

Ticket booked for me and the missus, both regular listeners.
Shame no Neil and Simon, but maybe saving them for a xmas live event :-)

boki

The rider budget probably didn't stretch to Neil's outrageous crisp demands.

shiftwork2

Crikey, Greggles had the inside info.

I'd be up for a noon sharpener and probably afterwards.  We don't need to do all the meet carry on obviously but does anyone know a good pub or bar around Kings Cross?  My knowledge of the area is rough and ready but I recently liked The Lighterman (bar with outside tables in the new Kings Cross) and King Charles the First (proper pub).  Suggest away.

bigfatheart

Quote from: bigfatheart on June 25, 2022, 07:48:29 PMI had a Chart Music-related dream last night... They'd finally got around to doing a Chart Music live event...

I'd just like to point out that I am apparently clairvoyant.

And get fucking in, booked my seat. Finding Chart Music around the start of the first lockdown as a massive help through the last couple of years, so this is extremely exciting news. Although God knows how it'll fit into 90 minutes, usually that'd just cover what gigs they've been to recently, what they were doing in [year], and about the first couple of pages of a contemporary issue of Smash Hits.

dr beat

Inspirals confirmed as support.

Running order:

1PM-1.30pm: Inspiral Carpets
1.30pm: Doors*
2pm: Main act

*For the benefit of Inspiral Carpets fans, this refers to the opening of a wooden threshold to allow people in to a building, not the band The Doors. 

DrGreggles

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 29, 2022, 03:21:44 PMCrikey, Greggles had the inside info.

It came through on the red telephone.

Didn't think it was this close to being officially announced though

dr beat

Quote from: dr beat on June 29, 2022, 04:59:38 PM*For the benefit of Inspiral Carpets fans, this refers to the opening of a wooden threshold to allow people in, not the band The Doors. 

QuoteWe obviously couldn't and wouldn't book The Doors.  Because even though they are practically dead, they'd still blow your lot off stage, it would be embarrassing

END MESSAGE

sweeper

Inspiral Carpets fans: they don't like it up em.

Cool as fuck

Golden E. Pump

famethrowa

Just remembered Stubbsy's Mr Barrowclough impression from out of nowhere. Marvellous stuff.

DrGreggles

Going to have to get a customised t-shirt made for this.

dr beat

^ Are you taking orders? I'd gladly pay coin of the realm for one of them.

SteveDave

This is taking place when I am in Swansea of all places.

buzby

I'm not particularly a Inspirals fan but I'd also agree the coating down was a little too harsh. Here's what I said about this appearance on the TOTP repeats thread:
Quote from: buzby on November 20, 2020, 10:18:25 PMThere weren't many pretty boys in the Madchester/Baggy scene, were there? Nice song with that 60s' vibe from Clint Boon's Farfisa Compact Duo organ (lucky Noel, having to hump that around). My only complaint is lyrically it's too slim and what there is is overly repeated.

The reason why it was at No.2 in the Record Mirror Dance Chart wasn't because 'anything Madchester was being lumped in with Dance', it was because Mute had taken note of Factory's approach with the Mondays Madchester Rave On EP and roped in their labelmates Renegade Soundwave to produce a couple of remixes for a limited-editon 12"

Robbery Mix
Drum Mix

Also, Jive Bunny's That Sounds Good To Me doesn't sample Troglodyte by the Jimmy Castor Bunch - the tight-fisted Pickles got the Not Solomon Burke/Wilson Pickett/John Belushi session singer they brought in to redo Everybody Needs Somebody To Love to redo the line so they wouldn't have to licence the sample from RCA (he didn't quite get the 'time' right) as they only had deals to licence tracks from K'tel, Celebrity, In Market and Modern Records (late-60s Little Richard rerecordings of his hits). They even got Chubby Checker in to redo his samples.

Tickets booked for the live show (there were only about 10 left). I'll try and keep my heckling to a minimum.

dr beat

Kudos to Al and the gang for getting a 2pm slot.  This and being right next to Kings Cross station makes a day trip do-able from the North, as far afield as Edinburgh (assuming the trains run ok).

DrGreggles

Plenty time for refreshments afterwards too for those a little closer.

sweeper

Just realised that the Inspirals singer has distinct David Sowerbutts vibes.

Husband don't know what he done ...

Epic Bisto

Booked my ticket too. Would be nice to meet up with you lot before or after too.

non capisco

Ah I'm gonna have to stay out of this thread for a bit, burning with jealousy for you lot and gutted I can't make that date.