Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:14:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster New Zealand / Misc International Versions

Started by Small Man Big Horse, December 02, 2020, 08:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Quote from: mjwilson on September 02, 2021, 09:15:31 PM
Wow there's more New Zealand history than I had imagined.

I find this show really enjoyable because of this aspect - I know so little about NZ culture that I find it engrossing just listening to them all reference places and events that are common knowledge but not to my culturally ignorant idiot self.

I've rinsed both series of this now. I struggled with series 1 a bit, because it felt like the contestants for the most part either cared too much, or not at all, although I liked them all individually. Series 2 has, obviously, been an absolute joy. I don't think it'll affect my enjoyment of the UK version too much, because of what many of you have pointed out about the Taskmaster's dynamic. This is undeniably one of the all-time-great TM casts, gaming competitively while assisting each other comedically. But I think they definitely do a lot of the legwork in roasting each others' performances that Greg would normally do.

I wasn't sure on Paul at first, but he definitely has it down, the  passive, troubled reactions to the aggression of the contestants. It's never not an amazing moment when you see him break and laugh at something, like David's insane diss track.

olliebean

https://twitter.com/LauraDaniel25/status/1434742090731163658

QuoteLaura Daniel
@LauraDaniel25
·
Sep 6
It's the final episode of Taskmaster NZ THIS WEDNESDAY!! Why not join the cast for a live watch-a-long, followed by live Q&A💌

Streaming link will drop here and on all of our socials on Weds!

NB: We won't stream the actual episode, you have to watch that part the normal way

Streaming link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWwbuJw2hmw - just started 10 minutes ago. I guess you might want to wait until you've seen the episode first, though.

olliebean

Amateur version of Taskmaster in Minnesota: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG_vclOrIHcW1dWF_h4WsLA

Haven't watched it yet but I have seen comments saying it's better than the official US version.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: olliebean on September 08, 2021, 11:52:56 AM
Amateur version of Taskmaster in Minnesota: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG_vclOrIHcW1dWF_h4WsLA

Haven't watched it yet but I have seen comments saying it's better than the official US version.

So is having haemorrhoid surgery.

olliebean

The final episode of this season of Taskmaster NZ is what I believe is known as "available" via the panelshow reddit.

Small Man Big Horse

beanheadmcginty

It's weird that whatever NZ TV channel shows this doesn't appear to give a shit about it being uploaded to YouTube.

DrGreggles

David is officially my favourite TM contestant ever.

Small Man Big Horse

Well that was a lovely way to go out, all of the tasks were extremely fun and memorable,
Spoiler alert
torturing David like that never gets old, and the three friends puppet task is one of the best ever. I'm very happy with the winner too
[close]
, and really hope they do a Champion of Champions show at some point in the future.

DrGreggles

Great to see
Spoiler alert
my fave from s1 have a cameo
[close]
too.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 08, 2021, 03:25:39 PM
Great to see
Spoiler alert
my fave from s1 have a cameo
[close]
too.

Yeah,
Spoiler alert
that was a pleasant surprise, though it made me wish she appeared in the other's clips
[close]
as well.

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 08, 2021, 01:02:26 PM
David is officially my favourite TM contestant ever.

Same. Guy and Laura would be in my top ten too. I love Guy's strange delivery, and just thinking of Laura's crazed John Cleese video still makes me laugh loads.

I'll miss this group. Though I still think ten episodes is two too many even for the very best series - like this one has been.

frajer

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on September 09, 2021, 08:11:45 AM
just thinking of Laura's crazed John Cleese video still makes me laugh loads.

Rewatched this one recently and yeah I pissed myself just as much the first time too. #eliminatejohncleese

Fucking majestic series, even beating the cream of the UK version for me. Glorious telly.

Famous Mortimer

Fantastic stuff, a great mix of contestants and a success from start to finish.

Guy Montgomery's Youtube channel has lots of episodes (well, six) of his Guy Mont-Spelling Bee, with plenty of Rose Matafeo, and a bit of Paul Williams, Angella Dravid, and Paul F Tompkins. Not hilarious, but lovely to hang out with for an hour or so.

olliebean

Quote from: olliebean on September 08, 2021, 11:52:56 AM

Yeah, never mind - it's rubbish.

AsparagusTrevor

What a brilliant series that was, I'm gonna miss that lot. The shoelace task was the most I've laughed in ages.

DrGreggles

Is there a Google Drive link to the whole series?

RFT

I've binge-watched TMNZ season 2 via youtube (season 1 has disappeared) this week and absolutuely loved every minute of it.

I do find it interesting that presumably the show bible must be pretty strict about the studio set design and stuff like that - they all have the red colour theme, etc.

DrGreggles

beanheadmcginty

Famous Mortimer

The Lurker

Paul Williams on the Taskmaster podcast wasn't great. Very little about Taskmaster NZ discussed. It was just him and Ed discussing the last UK episode - if I wanted some comedy experts views on the last Taskmaster episode then, quite frankly, I'd read the thread on the internet's number one comedy forum Cookdandbombd.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: The Lurker on October 03, 2021, 05:29:34 PM
Paul Williams on the Taskmaster podcast wasn't great. Very little about Taskmaster NZ discussed. It was just him and Ed discussing the last UK episode - if I wanted some comedy experts views on the last Taskmaster episode then, quite frankly, I'd read the thread on the internet's number one comedy forum Cookdandbombd.

I did like Paul giggling at Ed's pronunciation of '
Spoiler alert
shed
[close]
'.

I see that a Belgian version has recently started, anyone tried it yet?

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: The Lurker on October 03, 2021, 05:29:34 PM

I quite enjoyed it, I thought there was a decent amount of TMNZTM talk and Paul seems a nice jovial character and I was happy to hear his thoughts on the UK episode and comparisons between the two.
Spoiler alert
I also liked his refusal to give Ed 5 points in New Zealand solidarity with Rose Matafeo and the aforementioned 'shed' stuff.
[close]

Famous Mortimer

Guy Montgomery has just released a standup album, "Guy Montgomery By Name, Guy Montgomery By Nature", which is available on Bandcamp. And I also just found out that he's the host of "The Worst Idea Of All Time", which I've heard about for years but never bothered listening to.

Taskmaster NZ has been renewed for a third season: https://twitter.com/andrewmacfnz/status/1519185674297290752?s=21&t=eaMl9Hu6vzs5qAbSuqB6og (there's not much information in the link - it's just confirmation that it's been greenlit)

g0m

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on December 10, 2021, 02:56:16 PMGuy Montgomery has just released a standup album, "Guy Montgomery By Name, Guy Montgomery By Nature", which is available on Bandcamp. And I also just found out that he's the host of "The Worst Idea Of All Time", which I've heard about for years but never bothered listening to.

i knew about this from my yearly Till Death do us Blart listen

Studio recordings for NZ series 3 started this week, so we should discover the lineup soon. Paul Williams replied to someone on Twitter (or maybe Instagram) to say that he thinks it'll be on TV in July.