Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:16:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bo Burnham - Inside

Started by up_the_hampipe, April 28, 2021, 08:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no_offenc

That fucking chicken song made me tear up

Barry Admin

That short "Spiiiderrrrrr!" song has been in my head all day. 

And I really like "This Isn't A Joke".  The way he tails off/loses interest when he gets to the "I don't wanna talk about it" bit really made me laugh. 

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on June 08, 2022, 05:17:27 PMAnd I really like "This Isn't A Joke".  The way he tails off/loses interest when he gets to the "I don't wanna talk about it" bit really made me laugh. 

Love that one too. The "look at me now" vocalising at the end is great.

Not a big fan of the chicken song. It sounds nice but feels a bit mawkish.

Kelvin

Quote from: Pimhole on June 04, 2022, 03:10:46 PM

I love the way she ends it

Here's Burnham hearing it live.

trabuch

He's no Alfie Brown, that's for sure.

The Mollusk

neveragain

Finally watched all of this recently. Love a lot of it, really got me (at the risk of sounding trite) thinking and feeling. Often very funny too, particularly the sketches.
But I ended up not really liking Bo as a person, left with the distinct impression he fancies himself. All that shirt-off footage and fake crying.

I still adore (the earlier) Art Is Dead though. It's something special.

centristmelt

White Woman's Instagram might be my favourite comedy song of all time.

Tiggles

Love Inside. Made me feel a lot of things at the time it came out, that I hadn't realised I needed to feel. I think it is an amazing piece of art tbh - funny and harrowing, empathetic and compassionate. And the end turned my head inside out the first time I saw it.

In terms of the Alfie Brown comparison, I think he touches on the whole issue of reckoning with your own past in Problematic. Burnham has the history of a kid trying to be funny on the internet, and it's inevitably unsavoury at times. Problematic sends up "apology culture" for the attention milking machine it is (which is why I reckon he's chosen to look like a thirst trap in it). You have to learn and move on, and accept that some people are going to kick off about stuff.