Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:58:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Skyrim Next-Gen Remaster (Nov 2021)

Started by Chedney Honks, August 20, 2021, 06:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

I'm on PC, I got a box saying 'video not supported by Bethseda' and was back in the pub.

Any other mods you recommend? I forked out for the Anniversary edition so have the CC stuff.

Cerys

I quite like the TARDIS mod - even if you're not into Who, it's good for wheezing into locations at random.

king_tubby

Ta, but I think stuff like that would make me lose immersion. Same with the Portal one and some of the other more off the wall ideas.

Cerys

Fair enough.

Meanwhile, Arnie keeps sending me to Arcwind.  He's bloody obsessed.

Cerys

I've got a pet bone wolf!  He's so cute!

king_tubby

I ended all those undead horrors. They sicken me.

Cerys

The usual ones are pretty bad - but the one you can get as a follower/pet has been given the dog animations, by the look of it.  It makes all the difference.

king_tubby

It'd scare the children! And the tree in the park is so pretty.

Cerys

Don't worry - it lives in Breezehome with the arachnids, and the kids are in Proudspire Manor with my wife, dog, goat, fox, rabbit, skeever and a kid's fox.  I had a goblin, but it fucked off.  Disloyal little shit.

Cerys

I've just embarked on the Forgotten City mod, but accidentally bypassed most of it by
Spoiler alert
Fus Ro Dah-ing the jarl off a very high balcony immediately after he told me not to break any laws - which has spoilered me regarding the plot, but just had to be done
[close]
.  Good thing I saved it before
Spoiler alert
I jettisoned him to Sovngarde
[close]

king_tubby

I'm currently poncing about on Midwood Isle. The main quest starts off fucking rock cos you're having to beat off (careful) tons of stave wielding gits. There's lots of depth and lots of
Spoiler alert
kicking dremora ass in Oblivion
[close]
once it gets going.

Cerys

Ooh, thanks - I'll get on to that one once I work out how to
Spoiler alert
murderise the looters who seems to be nowhere
[close]

king_tubby

Fair fucks to the modder, they even made a slightly less tedious than usual
Spoiler alert
Black Book level
[close]

Cerys

I like the
Spoiler alert
Black Book levels.
Some part of me wants to visit them IRL.
[close]

king_tubby

I love the look of them, I find actually playing them annoying and the rewards/loot are very overpowered.

Actually, that's a complaint with Midwood Isle too, there's far too much high powered stuff about. I was leaving enchanted ebony weapons to rot in the woods cos I have nearly 400,000 septims and nothing to spend them on!

Cerys

At this point I'm level 106, have over 600,000 septims and equipment I don't feel the need to change - and yet I'll still feel annoyed if I have to leave a basic ebony warhammer.  Is this how shopaholics happen?

Chollis

i stopped looting stuff a while ago and i'm not even through the main quest yet. got about 200k septims and nothing to buy, and i picked up some really overpowered Daedric armor early on somehow, so i've not really got any gear to upgrade either. i've also maxxed out all my main skills (One Handed, Heavy Armor, Block, Archery etc) so i'm not getting much sense of character progression anymore. feel like i maxxed out my character way too early, considering i've still got about 50 quests in my log, haven't completed the main story or touched any of the DLC!

Cerys

Block is really useful for levelling up.  When you reach 100 with it, make it legendary and find all the heavy hitters you can.  A few potions of health regeneration and healing, and a helpful cul de sac and away you go.

king_tubby

Ah, I have a question - I'm 100 on enchanting and thought this meant I could double enchant stuff, but I can't?

Cerys

There's a perk you need to activate - Twin Souls.  Also, you have to add both enchantments at the same time; you can't add a second enchantment to an already enchanted item.

king_tubby

Ta, I'll check that out later. Gonna have to craft me a new dragon bone warhammer for clobbering then.

EDIT: you have to choose both enchantments at the same time.

king_tubby

I've found a mod to spend loads of septims on! Windstad Mine. Really nice little set up, I've got a huge mine, some miners to exploit, a fishery, a guard tower, an office, a mead hall, the lot! Looks like I'll be raking in big cash soon too...

Oh. FFS.

Cerys

Quote from: king_tubby on February 14, 2022, 08:00:22 PMMidwood Isle

'Oh, just fucking die, Tyrek, you irritating pissweasel!' - me, for the last hour.

king_tubby

Cerys

Does he hold it against you if you Fus Ro Dah him?

Cerys

oh by the nine I just shagged a hagraven

Spoiler alert
shagraven
[close]

king_tubby

Cerys

Wyrmstooth mod.  I found her lair and she just ... propositioned me.

king_tubby

Oh, I didn't find that when I was there.

Just about to start a trip to Cyrodiil with the Bruma mod.

All Surrogate