Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:22:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy's still on Twitter and webcam

Started by Mister Six, November 15, 2021, 07:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

I've been giving his twitch clips on Youtube a chance recently, after originally finding his twitch shows quite boring, bar a few highlights.

My real takeaway is that he seems quite a bad-tempered cunt, really. I know its semi-schtick, but I find his worldview/persona quite off-putting when its in this format, rather than crafted as part of a show/sketch. Yes, he's often very funny, but I frequently find him a bit of a downer; snipping at viewers and sneering at things he doesn't like. Maybe I've just been unfortunate with the recent clips I've watched, but I really find a lot of this output fairly charmless. 

Replies From View

Quote from: JamesTC on November 15, 2021, 07:15:53 PMNo matter how many times I watch this clip, it never gets old.

Except that it says 'video unavailable' because it is too old.

mr. logic

Quote from: Kelvin on April 26, 2022, 06:04:04 PMI've been giving his twitch clips on Youtube a chance recently, after originally finding his twitch shows quite boring, bar a few highlights.

My real takeaway is that he seems quite a bad-tempered cunt, really. I know its semi-schtick, but I find his worldview/persona quite off-putting when its in this format, rather than crafted as part of a show/sketch. Yes, he's often very funny, but I frequently find him a bit of a downer; snipping at viewers and sneering at things he doesn't like. Maybe I've just been unfortunate with the recent clips I've watched, but I really find a lot of this output fairly charmless. 

Felt similarly while reading his autobiography.

DigForVictory

Quote from: Kelvin on April 26, 2022, 06:04:04 PMI've been giving his twitch clips on Youtube a chance recently, after originally finding his twitch shows quite boring, bar a few highlights.

No I know what you mean.

He is really, really funny and I'm sure his anger and cynicism with everything is exaggerated for comedic effect but it can be tiring to listen to if you watch him for too long.

I dip in and out with him on Twitch and I think that's probably the best way to do it. Every now and then I do find myself watching him thinking oh stop fucking moaning about everything, that's when you know it's time for a break.

up_the_hampipe

His James Corden content always brightens my day:

Custard

With Corden he seems hesitant to admit he fully hates him, dunno why. He says something rude about him or mimics his fucking laugh then nearly always goes "oh no, I don't think that really" or words to that effect. Weird, as he doesn't really hold back in regards to anyone else!

The Bumlord

I love that he uses Corden clips as a sort of punishment for the chat complaining.

Dog Botherer

his reaction to Corden starting to talk about Russia/Ukraine had the wife and i in stitches

Noodle Lizard

I'm surprised Limmy of all people doesn't have a decent adblocker.

neardark

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on April 29, 2022, 02:55:07 AMI'm surprised Limmy of all people doesn't have a decent adblocker.

Or just pay for YouTube Premium ffs, I'm sure he can afford it.

Although saying that, maybe you're not allowed to stream premium YouTube on Twitch.

druss

He likes the adverts as it sometimes gives him stuff to talk about.

Captain Z

Quote from: druss on April 29, 2022, 08:57:53 AMHe likes the adverts as it sometimes gives him stuff to talk about.

This.

Apparently a sequel to Five Dates (Ten Dates) is being made and Limmy intends to play it.

Anyone know what the recent Reece Shearsmith interaction was? I caught Limmy saying something like "yes I saw it, Reece talking about me talking about him talking about me", but I can't find anything.

chutnut

Quote from: Captain Z on April 29, 2022, 11:11:30 AMAnyone know what the recent Reece Shearsmith interaction was? I caught Limmy saying something like "yes I saw it, Reece talking about me talking about him talking about me", but I can't find anything.

https://twitter.com/ReeceShearsmith/status/1518676535867232256?t=4bC5dMUZIsBxMqRRzao1qQ

Memorex MP3

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on April 29, 2022, 02:55:07 AMI'm surprised Limmy of all people doesn't have a decent adblocker.
Probably uses a different browser for streaming than his normal browser so there isn't the risk of shit popping up in the history or whatever?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

chutnut

he almost seems a bit nervous in the clip

FsF

I really hope Limmy's reticence to do anything but stream wouldn't prevent 'too good to be true' opportunities like Inside No.9 from taking place.

He turned down Black Mirror 'Bandersnatch' didn't he? Would have thought that would be a bigger deal than no 9

PlanktonSideburns

His style really suits no.9 to doesn't it - both do desperation and furtiveness really well

bgmnts

Clip just came up about Tony Blackburn taking ecstacy and included a section analysing Steve Walsh I Found Lovin again.

Always makes me smile when he talks about Steve Walsh.

The Mollusk

That Corden reaction video is such shite, he's just being manically angry. I couldn't see anything funny about it at all. Glad I don't bother trawling highlight clips because any time I've bothered it's always the same. It's not comedy it's just a person talking about stuff and very occasionally being a bit funny with it. Why do people watch hours of this stuff, it's beyond me.

Ferris

I treat it like the radio, pop it on when I'm washing up or doing work and need some kind of sound to stop my focus from wandering. Some bits are absolutely *brilliant*, but a lot of it is just (reasonably entertaining) background noise that you can dip in and out of without feeling like you're missing anything.

I'm not committed enough to follow along in the stream and chat for hours like folk do (and who has the time?) but fair enough if that's your bag I suppose. It's a bit mystifying to me and all though.

timbis

Retinend

That's strange he would never have heard it before. Not even on the telly? "Mate" is used for friends and strangers alike.

The Bumlord

He's an odd little creature sometimes.