Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wordle! It's the new craze

Started by kalowski, January 06, 2022, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Ffs I was looking forward to doing today's then I clicked on the spoiler above.

I do enjoy this as a little morning brain warm-up but it's hardly rocket science.

I almost always get it in 4, sometimes get lucky and get it in 3.

touchingcloth

Would have done this one in a three, but I picked the wrong first letter

Wordle 202 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I didn't get it at all yesterday, because it's been too long since I last played Mastermind and I thought the green and yellow squares both meant that a letter was in the right place, so I ended up with a yellow L in the same place for all six guesses.

touchingcloth

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on January 07, 2022, 04:59:12 AMSurely the plan is now to find the first 2/3 words that give you the best coverage of the alphabet and then smash it on the next turn?

Yeah, pick five letter words from "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog". That said, starting your morning with a quick brown may not be too everyone's taste, whether coffee, drugs, or anus stuff.

imitationleather

People tell me I'm clever, but how does that square with me being so absolutely shit at all forms of word games?

Norton Canes

Dun it in 3

How do I make the little grid?

Edit: Duh, just copy someone else's

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

touchingcloth

ARIEL and SNOUT get you all of the vowels and the most commonly-used consonants, though that's probably a terrible strategy because 5 letter words quite probably have different letter distributions than the language as a whole.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 07, 2022, 09:18:40 AMDun it in 3

How do I make the little grid?

Edit: Duh, just copy someone else's

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

You can click the share button it gives you and copy/paste from there, too.

pigamus

If you don't see the Share button refresh the page to make it pop up

Crenners

jobotic

A chemsextrist's second favourite pastime.

Thursday

I tried it, I see the appeal, I'm just not sure why bother sharing it on twitter at this point.

Inspector Norse

Had a go and got confused by the little hint box showing you the rules so kept trying to start words with W

Just did today's in 3.  Got stuck with the most useless of all the vowels on my third go.  Just randomly picked a very Chris Morris word and it was only bloody correct!

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

H-O-W-L

studpuppet

Quote from: kalowski on January 06, 2022, 10:19:01 PMIt's like nothing you've ever seen!

A little feelgood news from a couple of decades ago:

Mastermind box models reunite

Porky

Quote from: studpuppet on January 07, 2022, 10:05:08 AMA little feelgood news from a couple of decades ago:

Mastermind box models reunite

Getting proper Look Around You vibes from:

QuoteBill Woodward was catapulted into global recognition as he went on many promotional tours for the game – in fact even his passport was under the name Mr Mastermind!

I'm going to lie in the dirt. I may be some time.

Hex Triplet

No one cares about your word puzzles you senile old bastards.

Dex Sawash

jobotic

Quote from: kalowski on January 06, 2022, 10:19:01 PM

Upside down he looks like John Virgo.

Imagine if John Virgo had his head in your lap.

machotrouts

Spoiler alert
I decided on ATONE as my stock opening word, though today I panicked when all 5 letters were grey and made my second word QUICH, which is not even how that is spelled. 😔
[close]

Replies From View

I see David Brent heartily fused with Neol Edmon

jobotic

pigamus

Quote from: machotrouts on January 07, 2022, 01:24:12 PM
Spoiler alert
I decided on ATONE as my stock opening word, though today I panicked when all 5 letters were grey and made my second word QUICH, which is not even how that is spelled. 😔
[close]

Does it accept words that aren't proper words or did you have to pick something else?

Thursday

You have to pick real words or it won't accept it, yeah.

pigamus

DocDaneeka

Which came first the Web version or the quiz show Lingo hosted by Adil Ray on Itv daytime?