Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wordle! It's the new craze

Started by kalowski, January 06, 2022, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

machotrouts

Quote from: pigamus on January 07, 2022, 02:35:37 PMDoes it accept words that aren't proper words or did you have to pick something else?

Spoiler alert
Made me pick something else (I, instead of taking the opportunity to at least not bother with the Q, went for "QUICK"). The other day it wouldn't let me play "MUCAL", which I consider a word – of or pertaining to mucus – but I guess a bit of a long shot to suppose it might be the answer in one of these. Imagine thousands of people trying Wordle for the first time and it expects them to get MUCAL. New craze kiboshed.
[close]

Quote from: DocDaneeka on January 07, 2022, 03:36:51 PMWhich came first the Web version or the quiz show Lingo hosted by Adil Ray on Itv daytime?

This has presumably been going for 202 days exactly and I don't know when in 2021 that incarnation of Lingo started but apparently it's a revival of a show from 1988 and that is more than 202 days ago. Interestingly I'm replying to this without caring enough to look up whether or not the 1988 version had the same format. Lost interest! Just gonna leave it for someone else to sort out!

Hey, Nicola!

Spoiler alert
Wordl won't weesht!
[close]

mothman

Wordle 202 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟨⬛🟨
🟨⬛⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I wasn't paying attention and really stupidly repeated the same letter on the end of the second and third rows, so I'm amazed I pulled it back, frankly.
Spoiler alert
I only had one vowel left after three rows, so that with the three letters I already had made it a no-brainer.
[close]

Noodle Lizard

Wordle 202 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'M WELL GOOD AT THIS

mothman

Wordle 201 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I found this one unsatisfying, though some have been impressed I got no yellows at all.

kalowski

I have got every one I've done in three.

I've only done two.

pigamus

Wordle 203 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Uncle TechTip

BOOM

Wordle 203 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
Play a game in a private tab, then open the url in a new private tab. You are allowed to play again but it's the same word. Obviously you can edit the share data anyway so this is completely redundant. Fuckitpost.
[close]

pigamus

Apparently you can read the word list anyway, it's not difficult to crack, it's all there somewhere in... I dunno, HTML or whatever you people call it.

mothman

Wordle 203 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

beanheadmcginty

Is this one of those things like Mornington Crescent where people are pretending to play a serious game but are actually just making up arbitrary nonsense?

machotrouts

Wordle 203 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
ATONE
BRAND
PRANK
FRANK
CRANK
[close]

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on January 08, 2022, 12:48:57 AMIs this one of those things like Mornington Crescent where people are pretending to play a serious game but are actually just making up arbitrary nonsense?

Yeah

JesusAndYourBush

Wordle 203 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Wordle 203 4/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
FLAPS
JUICE
WRONG
CRANK
[close]

pigamus

Spoiler alert
OUIJA
BASTE
CHARM
CRACK
CRANK

Thought I was clever going for OUIJA cos it's got three vowels in it, but not so. Although eliminating three vowels is probably a decent idea for narrowing it down.
[close]

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: pigamus on January 08, 2022, 01:17:25 AM
Spoiler alert
OUIJA
BASTE
CHARM
CRACK
CRANK

Thought I was clever going for OUIJA cos it's got three vowels in it, but not so. Although eliminating three vowels is probably a decent idea for narrowing it down.
[close]

Spoiler alert
Crank was the one I got in the example, and I started with ouija too. I think I did it in six first time though. You win!
[close]

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: kalowski on January 06, 2022, 10:19:01 PMIt's like nothing you've ever seen!

Quote from: studpuppet on January 07, 2022, 10:05:08 AMA little feelgood news from a couple of decades ago:

Mastermind box models reunite

That jolly nice chap died 8 years ago in a care home 50 yards from where I lived in Leicester. I bet Richard Osman could make that sound interesting on Pointless.

Oh... the name of the care home? Mastermind Mansions.

Twonty Gostelow

Actually it was Melbourne Home. Still, makes you think.

Wordle 203 2/6

First attempt. It's witchcraft.
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

shoulders

jobotic

Wordle 203 6/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Four goes at getting the right
Spoiler alert
RANK
[close]

kalowski

Spoiler alert
AEONS
PLANT
GRAND
FRANK
CRANK
[close]

touchingcloth

I don't think it's that interesting seeing people's failures so I'll just skip to the end and show you my final result from Worldle 203:

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

machotrouts

Wordle 204 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
ATONE
FORGE
GORGE
[close]

Personal best... will no doubt reflect on this day as a 2022 highlight if I'm still alive on on Dec 31

mothman

Wordle 204 3/6

🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟨🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
GLEAM
GROPE
GORGE
[close]

touchingcloth

Wordle 204 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟨🟩🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
CHASE
TOILE
ROGUE
GORGE
[close]

pigamus

Wordle 204 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
AUDIO
TOMBS
VOWEL
GORGE
[close]

machotrouts

Quote from: mothman on January 09, 2022, 02:37:41 AM🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟨🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 09, 2022, 09:59:34 AM⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟨🟩🟨⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lmaoooooooooooooooo look at these dark theme pussy bitches. Normal theme too bright and scary for you lickle babies???? Owchy boo boo eyes can't take the strain???????? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂