Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:16:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wordle! It's the new craze

Started by kalowski, January 06, 2022, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Wordle 204 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
BITCH
FLAPS
WRONG
GONER
GOURD
GORGE
[close]

mothman

Quote from: machotrouts on January 09, 2022, 02:43:24 PMLmaoooooooooooooooo look at these dark theme pussy bitches. Normal theme too bright and scary for you lickle babies???? Owchy boo boo eyes can't take the strain???????? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Says the man whose whole life is one long dark theme.

touchingcloth

Quote from: machotrouts on January 09, 2022, 02:43:24 PMLmaoooooooooooooooo look at these dark theme pussy bitches. Normal theme too bright and scary for you lickle babies???? Owchy boo boo eyes can't take the strain???????? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It's set by default - like most websites these days - to follow the current theme of the browser, which for me switches from light mode to dark around sunset. What's the matter, you little piece of shit of a trout? Can't work out how to configure your computer to not fuck about with your melanin cycle? Didums. Here's the worlds smallest, brightest, bluest violin strobing into your eyes and sending you to an earlier grave, just for you.

I got today's one in two moves. I thought it would be good to open with a word with as many vowels as possible. As luck would have it, that contained four of the letters, with three in the right place.

Spoiler alert
ROUGE
GORGE
[close]

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Wordle 205 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
PISSY
WRONG
HAIRY
MERRY
LEERY
QUERY
[close]

mothman

Wordle 205 5/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
IDEAL
SWEET
CHECK
FREON
QUERY
[close]

jobotic

Wordle 205 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
SPENT
WRECK
BREAD
QUEER
QUERY
[close]

mothman

^
Spoiler alert
Did you kick yourself when you put the R in the same (incorrect) place in line 3? I did something similar last week and I'm still annoyed about it!
[close]

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 10, 2022, 12:05:44 AMWordle 205 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
PISSY
WRONG
HAIRY
MERRY
LEERY
QUERY
[close]

PoirotsBigGarlickyCorpse and the Six Dwarves

pigamus

Quote from: thecuriousorange on January 09, 2022, 11:52:50 PMI got today's one in two moves. I thought it would be good to open with a word with as many vowels as possible. As luck would have it, that contained four of the letters, with three in the right place.

Spoiler alert
ROUGE
GORGE
[close]

I decided to go with this

Wordle 205 5/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
ROUGE
CURED
LURID
JUICY
QUERY

What a cunt, ended up putting *UERY through Google
[close]

mothman

Spoiler alert
You knew what three of the letters were, but only used two of them in lines 3 and 4?! A bold strategy... 🤦�♂️
[close]

Thursday

Wordle 205 3/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This was weird because I'd done enough to eliminate pretty much everything except the correct word, but did have enough confirmed to set me on the right path.

machotrouts

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 09, 2022, 05:01:12 PMCan't work out how to configure your computer to not fuck about with your melanin cycle?

"melanin cycle"???? It's definitely frowned upon to switch from light mode to dark mode there

machotrouts

Wordle 205 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
ATONE
SERIF
DUPER
QUERY

Pleased with this considering the escalating desparation of my 2nd and 3rd picks

A Q word... big Wordle moment. Twitter gonna be HOT with broken streaks in the morn. There will be tabloid articles about this
[close]

Replies From View

Wordle 205 5/6

🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have a strategy, unless I am feeling adventurous, of putting QUICK, FOXES and BRAWN as my first three words to knock out as many letters as possible.

After immediately getting the first two letters today I just started guessing other words starting with them, which probably wasn't advisable.  After the fourth guess I was thinking I might not get it.

PS - I think the black boxes come from changing to dark/night mode in the settings.

pigamus

Quote from: mothman on January 10, 2022, 01:25:13 AM
Spoiler alert
You knew what three of the letters were, but only used two of them in lines 3 and 4?! A bold strategy... 🤦�♂️
[close]

I couldn't think of anything that fitted them in the right place. At least a wrong guess gives you more information.

holyzombiejesus

Wordle 205 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
Smile
Ready
Every
Query
[close]

Sounds like something that a manager has pinned up on the staff noticeboard.

jobotic

Quote from: mothman on January 10, 2022, 12:26:43 AM^
Spoiler alert
Did you kick yourself when you put the R in the same (incorrect) place in line 3? I did something similar last week and I'm still annoyed about it!
[close]

No, I did it on purpose! Was very tired and couldn't think of any other words that would have it somewhere else so just changed the other letters and hoped it would help.

touchingcloth

There's something really satisfying about this thing compared to crosswords. The past couple I've done I've ended up with two or three coloured letters and the buzz you get when you spend a while thinking and then hit on a word which fire them before realising that it's the only word which does is great.

JaDanketies

Thought I wouldn't get this one but I did. It felt a lot more challenging than they usually have been in the two or three I have historically done. Real head-scratching nail-biter, and then when I got the final three letters it all fell into place with one to spare. Was really hard to think of any words with the available letters and that second-to-last letter in the only place it could be.

Spoiler alert
SPITE (I like this first one because it has common letters)
DREAM
CHEER
ONERY (I was like wtf weird word could they possibly be choosing)
QUERY
[close]

mothman

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 10, 2022, 09:58:27 PMThere's something really satisfying about this thing compared to crosswords. The past couple I've done I've ended up with two or three coloured letters and the buzz you get when you spend a while thinking and then hit on a word which fire them before realising that it's the only word which does is great.
Yeah, it's a craze, it'll pass. This time next year we'll all be calling Wordle SFC (if it even takes that long). There are at least a half dozen CaBers biding their time, waiting for some critical mass of people here playing and posting about it, so they can loftily claim that such things are beneath them and we're all easily led fools. The word sheeple will be deployed, only semi-ironically.

jobotic

Sheeple is the next craze coming.

Every day I will publish a new five letter word and you will all copy it down and sit silently waiting for the following day's word, which you will all copy down faithfully and so on.

This will keep you distracted.

touchingcloth

Quote from: mothman on January 10, 2022, 10:32:48 PMYeah, it's a craze, it'll pass. This time next year we'll all be calling Wordle SFC (if it even takes that long). There are at least a half dozen CaBers biding their time, waiting for some critical mass of people here playing and posting about it, so they can loftily claim that such things are beneath them and we're all easily led fools. The word sheeple will be deployed, only semi-ironically.

I've gleaned from the thread that people are mad for it on the twitter or whatever, but I'd like to stake my lofty claim to not engaging with social media so the first - and only - place I heard of this shit for cunts is from you shit cunts.

JaDanketies

I heard about it from The Jeremy Vine Show, which is only ever on in our house because it is after Milkshake!. He really didn't sell it, the annoying twat

touchingcloth

Quote from: JaDanketies on January 10, 2022, 11:29:17 PMI heard about it from The Jeremy Vine Show, which is only ever on in our house because it is after Milkshake!.

I bet it is, you dirty old bollocks. I bet it fucking is.

The Late Satoru Iwata

I can see myself getting into this.

Wordle 205 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Cool.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Oh hey! There was a new one at midnight. Makes sense, I guess.

Wordle 206 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Cool.

machotrouts

Wordle 206 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
ATONE
FLING
BRINK
DRINK

Fucking "BRINK"? Pissed an easy 3 up the wall there macho t
[close]

JaDanketies

I'd just like to confirm I was never actively watching The Jeremy Vine Show. I guess I switched the TV on while working for some ambience, and only really noticed him when he was failing to bring Wordle to the small screen.