Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:04:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Amsterdam/Rotterdam

Started by bgmnts, April 24, 2022, 09:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Whatever you do don't go to Moco. It's a pile of absolute fucking bollocks. It takes like 20 minutes (at best) to look at everything and confirm it's all shite and costs stupid money.

Want to track down the people who run it and murder them.

sevendaughters

Bos en Lommer is in an earlier stage of gentrification but really the only scruffy part of 'dam I saw was when I stayed in a hotel in Sloterdijk. It is just a bougie place all over. Even the dormitory towns like Diemen and Duivendrecht have stupid rents.

Goldentony

smoke so much weed that the only body part you can feel is your teeth and then eat two bowls full of chorizo while talking about the 1997 Newcastle team instead of answering the questions people have asked you, fall over in the street outside Soundgarden bar while trying to buy more weed and then go back to Soundgarden and finish the pint

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on September 25, 2022, 04:01:04 PMDe Pijp is lovely, when I was there in August I had what might have been the nicest ice cream I've ever had. I wonder if there's some gentrification going on there though, all the guide books refer to it as a working-class district and it didn't seem that way to me, more 'bohemian' middle class. Albert Cuypmarkt still great though.

Those guide books are about 50 years out of date. De Pijp isn't the slightest bit working class and hasn't been for a long time. It's like calling Notting Hill working class.