Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:29:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Twitter to accept Elon Musk's offer

Started by Martin Van Buren Stan, April 25, 2022, 01:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Van Buren Stan

It's hard to overstate how important twitter is to today's world. This could be an absolutely seismic decision, even if his only action is unbanning Trump.  Or maybe nothing at all will be different.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/twitter-elon-musk-buy-company-b2064819.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Main&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1650888159

bgmnts

Nothing bad can come of allowing a single billionaire technocunt weirdo to control the flow of information across the world can it?

Pink Gregory

Quote from: bgmnts on April 25, 2022, 01:48:52 PMNothing bad can come of allowing a single billionaire technocunt weirdo to control the flow of information across the world can it?

one more can't hurt

surely he risks regulation if he overeggs the pudding too much?  He's a scammer but he's also not an idiot when it comes to what he actually makes money from.

My hope is that he is cynical.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on April 25, 2022, 01:46:09 PMIt's hard to overstate how important twitter is to today's world.

It really isn't.

Cuellar

This is huge. We will all remember where we were when we heard the news.

Cuellar

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Cuellar on April 25, 2022, 01:57:36 PM"Twitter is important"

There.

You think Trump would have won 2016 without it?

Cuellar

imitationleather

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on April 25, 2022, 01:46:09 PMIt's hard to overstate how important twitter is to today's world.

No one who isn't addicted to Twitter would ever say this!

Paul Calf

Quote from: Pink Gregory on April 25, 2022, 01:49:51 PMone more can't hurt

surely he risks regulation if he overeggs the pudding too much?  He's a scammer but he's also not an idiot when it comes to what he actually makes money from.

My hope is that he is cynical.

He's also a billionaire. Money is the only known inoculant against regulation.

He could drive it into the ground, which I think is much more likely.

Alberon

Linehan must be wanking himself raw.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Alberon on April 25, 2022, 02:15:52 PMLinehan must be wanking himself raw.
then he'll find out about all this!!!

madhair60

Blumf

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 25, 2022, 02:11:18 PMHe could drive it into the ground, which I think is much more likely.

Remember, somebody (at Twitter, no less) bought Vine and shut it down.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Murdoch bollocksed up myspace too. Hope it goes the same way.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on April 25, 2022, 03:12:41 PMMurdoch bollocksed up myspace too. Hope it goes the same way.

myspace was already on it's way out though

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

"the flow of information"

please don't use Twitter as a primary news source please

lipsink

I'm confused. They say only 10% of people use Twitter but then how has it supposedly such a big impact on the way people vote and the rise of Trump etc?

jobotic

Well half of news content on other platforms seems to be about what has been said on twitter.

If Musk becomes the sole owner of this how does it affect things like national government's twitter accounts?

Fry

This is good news. Not that I think Musk is anything other than an attention seeking edgelord dickhead. However, Twitter can hardly get worse and maybe something like this will ruin it forever? Probably not, but like I said can't get worse so may as well shake it up.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: lipsink on April 25, 2022, 03:20:42 PMI'm confused. They say only 10% of people use Twitter but then how has it supposedly such a big impact on the way people vote and the rise of Trump etc?

Almost 90% of world leaders are on Twitter . You don't have to be on a platform to be influenced by it as a voter though.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: lipsink on April 25, 2022, 03:20:42 PMI'm confused. They say only 10% of people use Twitter but then how has it supposedly such a big impact on the way people vote and the rise of Trump etc?

The other 90% are allowed to watch them use it as long as they keep quiet.

Butchers Blind

What if you call Elon a twat on Twitter?

jobotic

Pink Gregory

Because twitter seems to be where most mainstream pundits with a platform get a lot of their politics and information.

And as an extension of that oyr available politics are based entirely around the weird niche whims of columnists and grifters.

More people watch Piers Morgan than read twitter but Piers Morgan in part generates his content from Twitter.

Thursday

Oh no, what if twitter get's slightly worse?!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 25, 2022, 03:19:20 PM"the flow of information"

please don't use Twitter as a primary news source please

I think most people use twitter as a source of primary news sources.

Butchers Blind

Don't most people use it to tell famous people to fuck off?

poo