Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:59:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Twitter to accept Elon Musk's offer

Started by Martin Van Buren Stan, April 25, 2022, 01:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 26, 2022, 11:18:11 AMSome twitter stats, it has made some billion plus profits but as has been pointed out not every year
How can Twitter have more than $5 billion annual costs? They're not writing neat new features for the site (like Facebook used to do where every week there was something new and terrible), they're not moderating content coz all that's computerised. Servers cost something but that seems insane. Are they taking ad sales over the telephone, letting people dictate tweets down the line? Are they all in HR? I don't like to see people lose jobs, but Musk definitely should be asking questions.

Jittlebags

Only just found out that Musk and Johny Depp are custard cousins.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 27, 2022, 11:38:05 PMHow can Twitter have more than $5 billion annual costs?

That does seem insane when back in 2015 cost of revenue was at 400mil which is what they classify those kind of hardware, power, maintenance and technical operational salaries under, recently it's a little higher:

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1418091/000141809121000031/twtr-20201231.htm

Sebastian Cobb

Maybe there's a big-tech equivalent of 'hollywood accounting'.

I say maybe, of course there fucking is.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 26, 2022, 05:17:33 PMMoney is wasted on the rich and all that.

Bit depressing seeing people with money but no imagination innit? Like the previous Duke of Westminster using his billions to buy property and make more billions. Or James Middleton starting a business making printed marshmallows.

A vernacular version of this was in the early days of the lottery when some bloke won 180 million quid and eventually went back to his job on a building site because his wife was 'sick of him getting under her feet, hanging round the house'.

I was desperately poor at the time and I had a massive yearning to travel the world even though I could barely scrape two meals a day and couldn't even afford to play the lottery. Bleak. It made me furious. Why bother to do the lottery if you don't know what to do with it when you get it?

Sebastian Cobb

For nearly everyone all the lottery will ever be is a tax on hopes and dreams, so it does seem a bit mad not to form any while doing it.

bgmnts

Could be depression though to be fair.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Paul Calf

Also, JP has clearly suffered some sort of head injury or parasitic cranial tapeworm. Actually listen to him speak and bear in mind that he's a professor at a major Canadian university. Something traumatic has happened to him at some point in the last half decade.

jobotic

touchingcloth

I've never watched, heard, or read Peterson. Is there a good place to start with him, or should I just mentally superimpose his head in front of Paul Joseph Watson's map to get the gist?

The luh-Ooney left are engAging in a PAthetic campaign of culturAl MarxIsm.

Blue Jam

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 07, 2022, 02:54:57 PMI've never watched, heard, or read Peterson. Is there a good place to start with him

No.

touchingcloth

imitationleather

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 07, 2022, 10:42:17 AMAlso, JP has clearly suffered some sort of head injury or parasitic cranial tapeworm. Actually listen to him speak and bear in mind that he's a professor at a major Canadian university. Something traumatic has happened to him at some point in the last half decade.

It's the benzo addiction. It's clearly benzos.

Paul Calf

I suppose it could be. Benzo addiction is fucking devastating and the withdrawal symptoms are nightmarish.

Sebastian Cobb

He seems to skip a lot of the worst of it by going to Russia and getting put to sleep.

imitationleather

If you're hardcore into it your brain can be a right old state for years after even if you manage to knock it on the head.

When I saw he'd turned up to Joe Rogan dressed like a ventriloquist dummy I thought, "There sits a man who has had one too many Xanax in his life."

bgmnts

Don't forget whilst he was recovering for a medically induced coma, his brain dead daughter came back impregnated and fully loaded with covid in Serbia and infecting him, almost killing him again presumably.

Fucking idiots.

The Ombudsman

Quote from: bgmnts on July 07, 2022, 08:35:29 PMDon't forget whilst he was recovering for a medically induced coma, his brain dead daughter came back impregnated and fully loaded with covid in Serbia and infecting him, almost killing him again presumably.

Fucking idiots.

His daughter is very odd. Their all meat diet probably doesn't help.

shoulders

What's wrong with being meaty and sexy?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 07, 2022, 02:54:57 PMI've never watched, heard, or read Peterson. Is there a good place to start with him, or should I just mentally superimpose his head in front of Paul Joseph Watson's map to get the gist?

The luh-Ooney left are engAging in a PAthetic campaign of culturAl MarxIsm.

This is all you need to know.
https://twitter.com/BradenIsBased/status/1544448370500161543

imitationleather

Quote from: shoulders on July 07, 2022, 09:30:17 PMWhat's wrong with being meaty and sexy?

She has to crush up beef into Jordan's pills to make sure he eats it.

Sebastian Cobb

The baffling thing about all of this is that his and Grimes' second kid was via surrogate while they were, what, not entirely together and he was knocking up executives?

Forgive me, but I don't think a smart man, even one with infinity money would make their own life this hectic.

jobotic

I'm enjoying reading about the living hell Jordan Peterson is in.

Blue Jam

Musk has some theory about how we'll need to have more sprogs, not fewer, if humanity is to survive. He's just doing his bit:

https://www.indy100.com/viral/elon-musk-how-many-children-2657620980

Either that or he's just a randy old goat.

I doubt having so many nippers has made his life hectic when he can just throw a wad of cash at the mother, Bullingdon Club-style. Then he just acts like a dick to ensure his children end up disowning him, job's a good 'un.

touchingcloth

Two pairs of twins and one set of triplets, so that's five births for nine kids. Efficient.

imitationleather

At this rate they're only going to inherit £200billion each!!

madhair60

Quote from: jobotic on July 07, 2022, 11:50:51 PMI'm enjoying reading about the living hell Jordan Peterson is in.

explain pls?

bgmnts

Quote from: madhair60 on July 08, 2022, 12:16:55 AMexplain pls?

He is Jordan Peterson. He has to live with that every minute of every day.

That is surely the greatest crime and the greatest punishment. A living hell which even the most Catholic of sadistic bastards would find hard to take pleasure in.