Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:14:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

Started by bgmnts, May 30, 2022, 08:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on June 19, 2022, 06:09:06 PMNot surprised you two cunts found a way not to enjoy this game.

haha, I do enjoy it! I really like it, I just think these are issues it has.

One day we will find a game we completely agree on, Madders :)

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Kelvin

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on June 20, 2022, 08:23:59 AMCracking soundtrack.

It really is, and I like that they've thrown in some songs with lyrics too. Definitely one area where Shredder's Revenge has surpassed Streets of Rage 4.

AsparagusTrevor

I didn't know I needed Ghostface Killah & Raekwon rapping about turtles and pizza but turns out I did.

bgmnts

Does anyone bar me play as Leonardo? He's become my favourite turtle because I'm a dull old cunt.

Quote from: Kelvin on June 19, 2022, 04:00:26 PMThey don't even have multiple save slots for the Story mode. If you want to play through it on a different difficulty (or from scratch, with a friend) you have to save over your old game where you've unlocked everything and levelled everyone up. It's bizarre.

I really like the game, I've been having lots of fun with it, but the bare-bones options are really going to hold it back, imo. And there are such easy fixes!   

I heard it gives you the option of keeping your items and levels when you start a new run.

Quote from: madhair60 on June 19, 2022, 06:09:06 PMNot surprised you two cunts found a way not to enjoy this game.

:(

madhair60

i fuckin love you man. come to the Cambridge meet on Saturday.

:D I'm too shy for any of that, but I hope you all have a lovely day!

Shaky

Quote from: bgmnts on June 20, 2022, 01:03:46 PMDoes anyone bar me play as Leonardo? He's become my favourite turtle because I'm a dull old cunt.

Yeah, he's great. That spinning katana jump he does is ace.

Goldentony

hoping to pick this up as soon as i've got a pot to piss in but I replayed turtles in time on MAME and that game is not designed to be won at all, thing is absolutely outrageous

stonkers

Final Fight LNS Ultimate and Streets of Rage Remake are both great fan games to check out if you like scrolling beat em ups. FFLNS is very obviously a fan game, a bit of a mess but really fun. The latest version of SORR is really professionally done, like a Streets of Rage version of Sonic Mania. A lot of people rate it over SOR4.

bgmnts

I tried playing this a few times online with 5 or 6 players and fuck me it's hard to tell what's going on! Regularly lost where my turtle was on the screen.

AsparagusTrevor

I managed a 370 hit combo by repeatedly twatting a dead Mouser against a wall. I got the achievement for 250 hits and wanted to see if there was one for 350 (there wasn't).

Goldentony

what if there's one for 400 and you shat it before the final stretch

AsparagusTrevor

Yeah I did worry about that but by that point I started feeling sorry for the poor Mouser's battered corpse.

madhair60

Quote from: Goldentony on June 22, 2022, 07:59:25 AMhoping to pick this up as soon as i've got a pot to piss in but I replayed turtles in time on MAME and that game is not designed to be won at all, thing is absolutely outrageous

SNES version is the good one

Goldentony

Oh aye agreed, must have spent upwards of a million quid renting it form the video shop. An indoor adventure centre type place growing up though had a copy of the arcade version growing up so i'm completing every game I never could out of complete spite.

Crenners

My childhood version was the best imo

Wow

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Consignia

Just finished Story Mode and doing all the collectibles in it. I think the game as a whole hits all the right nostaglia notes without being a slave to it's arcade origin trappings. I very much feel it to be the Sonic Mania of Turtles arcade games. Feeling like the old games but actually being better implemented (not a slight on the originals, but products of their time and place).

Really did enjoy it for it's short playtime. A total refinement of gameplay of it's style. Loved all the visual gags in the background, the presentation was top notch.

I don't think I would have bought it, but it was on Game Pass it was a worthy use of time for it's runtime.

AngryGazelle

Played this a couple of weeks ago, bit of a waste of 18 quid to be honest. Fairly fun for a couple of hours but then it felt more of a chore than anything.

Really do not like the graphics either.   

I like the graphics but I think that's a fair summery.

My brief foray back to the genre didn't last too long.
I think beat em ups are just too shallow and boring and the skill ceiling doesn't get too high.
They're just not exciting enough for me to keep playing.

Like you say, this, like drainus is aimed squarely at the genre tourists. Something where you can turn your brain off and run through the game a couple of times and then move on with your life.
There's not really anything here to stick around for.

I think this is how most people will approach it. It'll be on those big bumper family grab bag of games subscription services, people will give it a few hours and just move on to the next thing.

bgmnts

Oh I don't know I had a lot of fun playing this and will want to replay it at least 5 times to play with different characters.

But yeah i am not a student of this genre so I will cede it probably does lack depth.

AngryGazelle

To be fair, I rarely replay games outside of ones that I really love. So it's my mistake buying a game that's heavily based on replayabitliy.

It was a toss-up between buying this and Sifu and I picked the wrong option...

No, I think you were right the first time. The whole problem is that it hasn't been designed around replayability. The game is too long and the scoring mechanics are none existent.

bgmnts

Yeah, that tune is fun :D
That stage though. Dear me. So much dead air. No matter how quickly you kill everything, it just seems to last forever.
Here's another pizza just in case you dozed off and lost half your health.

Feels like such a missed opportunity for gaming glory, that's the maddening thing.
This could have been great. Most of the ingredients were there.

edit: Sorry everyone. Banging on.
I don't play many popular games so I get excited when I feel I can talk about one :D
Just saying the same thing and sapping the fun, so I'll leave it there.

Spoiler alert
SHOOTING GAME NEVER DIE!
[close]

Beagle 2

DLC is out for this now - a survival mode where you collect crystals to purchase power ups and all that jazz. They're calling it a "rougelite", I suppose it is, barely. I would have liked a few more settings but I've been playing it constantly following straight on from completing the story mode a couple of days ago. It's great, game is great.

There are also two new characters, one of them is quite hard and the other is a shit rabbit.