Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:46:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

WHY DOES NO ONE WANT TO WORK WITH ME screams man caked in his own shit.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on June 04, 2022, 11:03:58 PMHighlights from the most recent Mess

What a nutter. That sounds proper McCarthyist even if you agree with the declaration, and it sounds like his collaborators weren't arguing strongly against him, they just want him to shut up about it. I mean it's hard to deconstruct all of the nonsense he talked.

"What about Russia and Ukraine" he quoted someone as saying which seems reasonable.  Why do we need to sign a declaration condemning this one alleged human rights abuse when millions are happening around the world?

Barry Admin

I just rewatched the last couple of minutes of his latest bunker video. Really laugh out loud hilarious where he says he'll force everyone to sign a thing in support of women's sex-bases rights. Best shit he's written in years. But man, he really is an appalling liar; he can barely keep his face straight at times due to the sheer absurdity of the bullshit he knows he's spouting.

Alberon

It is hard to tell if he's grifting or not, but given he's been stupendously bad at doing that in the past, he's either inventing a reason why to justify why it won't happen or he really has gone totally stark staring mad.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Aparently this is Chris Morris at Graham's wedding. Found this by googling both their names.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Alberon on June 04, 2022, 11:43:24 PMIt is hard to tell if he's grifting or not, but given he's been stupendously bad at doing that in the past, he's either inventing a reason why to justify why it won't happen or he really has gone totally stark staring mad.

I was thinking maybe they've privately told him to eff off, and he's publicly denouncing them first to save face.

jobotic

I don't see the problem in insisting that non-existent people have to sign a declaration to work on a production that doesn't exist.

The Late Satoru Iwata

I have now reached the bit of the thread where people are working out why Elvis Costello is on my expanded list of Graham's enemies and for clarity I now believe it is a moral obligation to explain that there actually ARE comedic inclusions.

Please assume all of my inclusions are comedic until proven otherwise.

Except Cloud Strife, obviously.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on June 04, 2022, 11:45:07 PMAparently this is Chris Morris at Graham's wedding. Found this by googling both their names.

Arthur Mathews and Buxton too

Alberon

Bad news comes in threes! Following the loss of his latest Twitter account and the final burial of the Pope Ted Musical comes the final hammer blow!

Linehan's Patreon has dropped to eight subscribers.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Alberon on June 04, 2022, 11:59:44 PMBad news comes in threes! Following the loss of his latest Twitter account and the final burial of the Pope Ted Musical comes the final hammer blow!

Linehan's Patreon has dropped to eight subscribers.
Noted for the next thread.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on June 04, 2022, 11:45:07 PMAparently this is Chris Morris at Graham's wedding. Found this by googling both their names.

They were posted on here originally at the time, okayed by Linehan himself.

DJ Bob Hoskins

I know this has been discussed loads of times, but honestly I don't think there's any major mystery or long-game grift going on here (well, aside from the SGB fuel allowance gravy train).

Firstly, I don't really see why anyone has any reason to doubt what Linehan, Mathews and Hannon have all said in the past, which was that the musical was 'nearly finished'. By which I mean I have no reason not to believe that they have a story, draft script and a bunch of songs, and had made a start on casting etc.

There could be a million reasons why the finished article didn't surface a few years back but as far as I am aware, staging a show like this and potentially touring it etc can take years. Then along came the double-whammy of that cunt going bananas, and the Coronavirus pandemic.

By the time it might have seemed like a prospect again, BC's brand had become completely toxic, and he systematically alienated many friends and professional contacts with his 'if you don't write a tweet about JK Rowling you're a coward and rape-apologist' shtick.

So Hat Trick offered to buy him out, he refused, Hat Trick said 'fair enough then, it's cancelled'. I can only assume Mathews and Hannon advised him to take the money and get the musical made, and he threw his toys out of the pram again. The subsequent 'calling them out' in his insane video rambling is hardly likely to get them to speak out in his defence. It's just the same pattern again: pushing away the few remaining people from his old personal and professional life because he thinks they've let him down.

Perhaps the saddest part is he obviously thinks these disputes are about whether his peers and colleagues agree with his 'protecting women' bullshit or have been 'captured' or are 'too afraid to speak out'. I would wager anything that most of his former friends and colleagues are far more upset by his monomania, online tirades, angry outbursts, reposting of private messages etc etc than they were at his views about trans people. Maybe they just wanted to make a musical and not get dragged into his toxic maelstrom, but he won't let them.

jenna appleseed

Over on reddit (in the replies to a hobby drama post mocking JK Rowling, JK Rowling's terfery)

"Graham Linehan went off the deep end, tunneled through the concrete at the bottom, and spiraled down until he reached the earth's core, losing his wife along the way."

greencalx

Kankurette

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on June 04, 2022, 11:51:41 PMI have now reached the bit of the thread where people are working out why Elvis Costello is on my expanded list of Graham's enemies and for clarity I now believe it is a moral obligation to explain that there actually ARE comedic inclusions.

Aerith, you handmaiden!

somersetchris

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 04, 2022, 10:03:36 PMGraham's claimed that
1) "wokes and TRAs" at Hat Trick have killed the musical, both on his shitstack and in the Daily Mail (same interview where he lies about why his wife left him)
2) Hat Trick offered him £200k to take his name off the musical and fuck off
3) Hat Trick staff don't care about the breasts of young girls
4) His wife left because someone from Hat Trick talked to her
5) Arthur Mathews and Neil Hannon something something it's not clear except they're now on his list of enemies

You've missed off the bit about him sending Hat Trick stuff in the post. He claimed that he received some 'horrific mail from TRAs' which he then passed on to them as an example of what he has to put up with. Now, depending on how he framed that, it could have been pretty appalling - let's say he received a death threat in cut up magazine letters, or some kind of effigy stuck with pins, or maybe a box of shit, if he just forwards that on to Hat Trick's offices without explanation then some intern has just had a pretty horrific experience courtesy of Graham Linehan.

somersetchris

Quote from: jobotic on June 04, 2022, 08:59:14 PMI really hope he does he's own version though, financed by bigots. With unintentionally hilarious consequences.

He is basically living out the plot of The Producers

JamesTC

Lady: [during the Springtime for Glinner performance] Will you please, shut up!

Graham Linehan: You shut up! You are the audience! I am the author! I OUTRANK you!

Barry Admin

Quote from: DJ Bob Hoskins on June 05, 2022, 12:14:54 AMPerhaps the saddest part is he obviously thinks these disputes are about whether his peers and colleagues agree with his 'protecting women' bullshit or have been 'captured' or are 'too afraid to speak out'. I would wager anything that most of his former friends and colleagues are far more upset by his monomania, online tirades, angry outbursts, reposting of private messages etc etc than they were at his views about trans people. Maybe they just wanted to make a musical and not get dragged into his toxic maelstrom, but he won't let them.

This is where I disagree with you really.  The first couple of bunker videos totally changed my opionion, and I think I can see right through Linehan now.  He doesn't actually give a shit about most of this nonsense.  He does hate trans people and blames them for his own self-inflicted inability to write comedy, but in the main, he just gets off on being a crybully who is hero worshipped.  The dude loves attention, drama, and histrionics, and "this fight" is the way he's getting those needs fulfilled. 

So to clarify, I don't think he actually cares much about "trans activism", therefore I specifically disagree that he cares about his friends being captured.  What he does actually care about is being able to exert control over people, and being able to use them in a purely transactional way - which is different.  If he can't use you for "this fight" then he'll throw you to the wolves.

Btw thanks to Poirot for the new thread, I was laughing away at the summary last night.  We shouldn't lose focus on how hateful and uncessary transphobia is and how much it has increased in recent years, but it's great to have some light relief at times, and realise how stupid a lot of these cunts are.

Totally agree Barry, I'm a confirmed lurker rather than contributor (not even a failed comedy writer I'm afraid) but this thread cheers me right up when the anti-trans stuff gets me down.

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 05, 2022, 09:57:15 AMHe doesn't actually give a shit about most of this nonsense.  He does hate trans people and blames them for his own self-inflicted inability to write comedy, but in the main, he just gets off on being a crybully who is hero worshipped.  The dude loves attention, drama, and histrionics, and "this fight" is the way he's getting those needs fulfilled. 

So to clarify, I don't think he actually cares much about "trans activism", therefore I specifically disagree that he cares about his friends being captured.  What he does actually care about is being able to exert control over people, and being able to use them in a purely transactional way - which is different.  If he can't use you for "this fight" then he'll throw you to the wolves.

Yeah, I think you're right in that he doesn't really care about these issues: they just happen to be the stick he uses to beat people (but mainly himself, albeit unintentionally) with. I remember you posting about his twatty 'Twitter policeman' behaviour long before the TERFery raised its head, for example.

I guess what I was trying to say is that he seems to think that a good way to exert control and get what he wants is to start asking his colleagues why they approve of the sterilisation of autistic children, because he reckons that's some kind of gotcha / checkmate move. Whereas surely his colleagues would be watching those vids and thinking "Fuck's sake, I had a private difference of opinion with this guy and now he's on YouTube calling me a groomer? Cunt's gone bananas. Don't fancy working with him again." He just can't seem to see how counterproductive his actions are, regardless of his actual opinions on trans issues.

wrec

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on June 04, 2022, 11:51:41 PMI have now reached the bit of the thread where people are working out why Elvis Costello is on my expanded list of Graham's enemies and for clarity I now believe it is a moral obligation to explain that there actually ARE comedic inclusions.

A big Shut UP! Fuck OFF! for shattering my fantasies of a Linehan / Ian Gillan beef.

Barry Admin

@DJ Bob Hoskins  Oh yes, agreed with all that mate. 

When you look at the texts to Matt Lucas, that gives you a glimpse into what he really loves doing and how he interacts with these friends he's always banging on about.  And for a lot of us who have dealt with abusive people in the past, we just see the exact same patterns that are so common with that particular type of person.

Alberon

All the early Twitter fame went to his head and, while he clearly hates trans people, he just refuses to back down over anything and after getting pushback ends up choosing this bizarre hill to die on.

He probably feels he might as well push on now as he's gone way too far to ever come back.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Graveside Haven on June 05, 2022, 10:03:36 AMTotally agree Barry, I'm a confirmed lurker rather than contributor (not even a failed comedy writer I'm afraid) but this thread cheers me right up when the anti-trans stuff gets me down.

I'm really glad to hear that! I always said that I knew it would ramp up, but the fact they are actually making gential inspections law in some places now is beyond what anyone could have seen coming.

JaDanketies

I see the third-place contestant at that inclusive 'thunderbolt' bike race is saying, "I'm happy with the result, the race was inclusive and I knew this when I started, please stop being terfs about me." And the mum of one of the trans top-two contestants is evoking trans teacher Lucy Meadows, who committed suicide after hounding by newspapers including the Daily Mail, and pleading with the Daily Mail to stop attacking her daughter over placing well in a bike race she was explicitly allowed to participate in.

Also pleased to see Helen Staniland and Joyce having a social media catastrophe after discussing genocide over wine.

Barry Admin

Quote from: JaDanketies on June 05, 2022, 10:59:02 AMAlso pleased to see Helen Staniland and Joyce having a social media catastrophe after discussing genocide over wine.

They are actually getting some significant pushback there?

Oh btw, would like to thank @Better Midlands and others who clip bits and pieces like that and get them circulating which brings wider attention to those issues.